Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
The most manual mechanical I want to be involved with my coffee is a French press and even that is pushing it. machines, please fix this for me. Tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
idk i love my porlex manual burr grinder. it's good and i like the ritual because it's 5 more minutes i'm focusing on the best part of life, which is coffee

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I need to get me another hand grinder

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive got a whitelabel Kyocera hand crank grinder and it owns

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Radia posted:

i have a new EXPENSIVE ($85!!!) burr bean grinder i got and i like that i just set my number of cups and brew method and it does the rest when i hit a lil button. it was nice.

well, that's my story. burr bean grinders seem to make a better cup but i think i need to try more freshly-roasted beany boiz to be sure.

what grinder did you pick up? I'm due for a new one soonish probably

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Podima posted:

what grinder did you pick up? I'm due for a new one soonish probably

SHARDOR Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
I don’t know if it is good or holds up to what experts recommend but hell I like it

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I love the manual coffee process. I've got a direct lever espresso machine and it's v satisfying to feel the pressure build as you push the water through the puck and then start to decline as the puck degrades then you get to have a delicious coffee.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

new beans just dropped

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

post hole digger posted:

new beans just dropped

siqq

single origin? give the stats

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

office coffee

offee

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

knox_harrington posted:

office coffee

offee

sorry ur stuck with a legacy computer op. i just made a big ole cup of coffee to help me deal with my computer woes myself

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

made some coffee via chemex

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MononcQc posted:

made some coffee via chemex

:same:

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
opened a new bag of Costa Rican beans today

they’re good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ground up some beans

not sure this truly is seattle's BEST coffee but whatever

im not paying $16.99 for a bag of beans

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

ground up some beans

I’ve done it

It was good coffee

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

going to need a lot of coffee today.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

ground up some beans

it tastes good when u do. you deserve a bag of coffee that tastes like it cost $16.99

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
had 2 coffees today

so far

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it's time to drink coffee

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

it tastes good when u do. you deserve a bag of coffee that tastes like it cost $16.99

its good to buy a bag of coffee that costs $16.99, and make coffee with it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hell im doing it right now

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

jonny if youre going to quit drinking alcohol the least you can do is indulge in The Good Beans with the money youre saving. im sure denver has some good local roasters that would appreciate your business.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

coffee that tastes good and feels good is in fact good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

how big a bag are we talking? i buy 1kg bags and they cost like £35-45 depending on the origin

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

given the price point I assume we are talking standard 12 oz bag

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

yeah usual bags are 12 oz or a pound here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
a big tub of maxwell house house blend is $8.99

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hey so apparently don't drink coffee right after waking up. it fucks with your cortisol levels. so wait like an hour.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

hey so apparently don't drink coffee right after waking up. it fucks with your cortisol levels. so wait like an hour.

or just drink so much coffee you never need to sleep

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

one of the nice things about coffee as an everyday luxury is that a lot of the time spending a bit more does get the people that do the work a bit more money.

compared to stuff like hipster beer the way coffee went hipstery is pretty wholesome.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

graph posted:

a big tub of maxwell house house blend is $8.99

my wife has been mixing my still cheap but slightly nicer beans with that maxwell decaf poo poo for her half caffeinated coffee, it just completely overwhelms the nice beans

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Chris Knight posted:

I don’t know what this means but it can take up to five minutes for my morning coffee cup to go beep-beep-beep

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Chris Knight posted:

i think me not drinking coffee for an hour after waking up would gently caress with everyone in this house's cortisol levels so the most ethical choice is clear

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

chugged some dunkies with lunch lets goooo.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i once paid $80 for 500g of a really good cultivar from the best place it could grow

and you know what? it was loving amazing and worth every goddamn penny. especially considering the ecological collapse that will probably take it out in the next few decades

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

post hole digger posted:

jonny if youre going to quit drinking alcohol the least you can do is indulge in The Good Beans with the money youre saving.

mm but that would mean that i am no longer saving it

I get your point, but

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
Really good coffee has got to be the most affordable luxury there is, and if you aren't buying it from assholes, it makes growing it way more sustainable when you pay more.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

It's bedtime in a couple hours, so by god I'm going to make a decaf. It cost me 20$CA for the 12oz bag, and tastes great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Quote/=edit