Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Azubah posted:

The backlog is a time honored tradition for gunpla, don't sweat it.

I have closed the closet door. The backlog cannot reach me here. I will always be safe from the backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I kind of finished my Barbataurus. It's a little more scuffed than the other stuff I've done since I started Gunpla this year, I think. I say "kind of" because it's a little hard to get into a pose. Both its upper and horse torsos are from the Barbatos, and the horse one's thin hydraulic waist detaches from the "chest" when I move it around.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Zedd posted:

I'm now tempted to dig those up cause they where glorious.

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOON: The Stupid One-Year War

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

overlordbunny posted:

SD Kurenai Musha Red Warrior Amazing, please.

Got it! Dr Christmas, bring us home!

HG R-Jarja Rabbi Tupac
HG Reversible Gundam Just Dan Again
HG GBN-Guard Frame
SD Kurenai Musha Red Warrior Amazing overlordbunny
Koto Frame Arms Girl Materia Normal Ver
Koto Frame Arms Girl Materia White Ver
Bandai 1/100 Eva Mark.06 (number 06 in this line)
Bandai 1/100 Eva Unit 01 (number 04 in this line)
Bandai Omegamon
Koto 1/60 Arbalest Lawrence Gilchrist
Koto 1/144 Muv-Luv Total Eclipse F-15E Strike Eagle milaneza
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Alternative Shiranui Storm Vanguard/Strike Vanguard Specification Justin_Brett
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Total Eclipse Takemikaduchi Type 00F Takamura Yuki Deluxe Electrophotonic
HG Hambrabi Star Man
HG Nu-Zeon Gundam (from ReRise)
Wave 1/24 Tachikoma 2045 Ver (Ghost in the Shell) kirby superstar
HG Super Fumina Titans Maid Gripweed
Bandai 1/100 VF-25 Ranka marking
Bandai 1/100 VF-25 Sheryl marking

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Did since damage to the backlog, really good couple of builds. 00Q is a great base and the Command mines some fun use of the otherwise leftover parts. Will definitely consider grabbing the Deathscythe Hell when it materialises, although the Cape is kind of a pain to position.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just Dan Again posted:

I have closed the closet door. The backlog cannot reach me here. I will always be safe from the backlog.

We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes...drums,drums in the deep.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Did since damage to the backlog, really good couple of builds. 00Q is a great base and the Command mines some fun use of the otherwise leftover parts. Will definitely consider grabbing the Deathscythe Hell when it materialises, although the Cape is kind of a pain to position.

I really like the Command QuanT. It's very solid and the amount of swords and guns on it is hilarious. Just wish that the blades were a harder plastic and the front skirts were articulated and not on a ball joint.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Built the Entry Grade RX-78-2. I like it more than the HG. More solid and articulated.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which HG, there's three contemporary ones and an older clunker.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Which HG, there's three contemporary ones and an older clunker.

Uh, lemme check. I got it during a sale at Hobby Lobby…

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nodosaur posted:

Uh, lemme check. I got it during a sale at Hobby Lobby…

So you have the 2015 Revive kit which goes for a more anime accurate look.

Then there's the Gundam The Origin Kit, which has a shoulder cannon and lots of surface detail.

Then there's the G40 which is weird.

Then there's the Beyond Global which is modeled after the life sized gundam statue and has some insane engineering

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think I’m satisfied with what I have, personally. I may seek out the Origin kit someday though.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

i feel like i say this everytime the Beyond Global gets brought up, but i love love the colors. the weird almost pastel desaturation of it is something i have never seen on another kit.

also, GOD is shipping gunpla a pain. i have a new respect for online gunpla retailers. at least now one of my friends gets to build a backlog kit that i bought so long ago, that my aesthetic tastes drifted away from it

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Then there's the G40 which is weird.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BizarroAzrael posted:

So that is why it's called the Livelance Heaven... I am not a smart man sometimes.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Built the Entry Grade RX-78-2. I like it more than the HG. More solid and articulated.

I also like it better. Proportions feel better and I like how the ankle shields can tilt with the leg.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
I have built 3 of the EG grandpa. It's a phenomenal kit for an amazing price.

My only other (built) grandpa is also the Revive, which is good, but not great.

One day (soon?) I'll get the MG 3.0 put together.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think my local Target has the weapon accessory pack for the EG Grandpa and I've been tempted to pick it up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I think my local Target has the weapon accessory pack for the EG Grandpa and I've been tempted to pick it up.

It's not an accessory pack so much as the EG with full gear. There's three price points for it with variable loadouts. The cheapest is just the Gundam, and the most expensive has the hammer.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

6 minutes after sales open and the Phantom is still available, I'm shocked!
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2607735001002

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ugh. I really want those Queblys and Char's Rick Dias but I have no money...

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not an accessory pack so much as the EG with full gear. There's three price points for it with variable loadouts. The cheapest is just the Gundam, and the most expensive has the hammer.

one weird thing is the full gear version also has a TV green tint to it while at least one of the others are standard white. It made it kind of annoying to paint

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Chromatics posted:

one weird thing is the full gear version also has a TV green tint to it while at least one of the others are standard white. It made it kind of annoying to paint

And on the subject, it is a little lovely that the full weapon set is the only version with beam saber effect parts.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Napoleon Nelson posted:

6 minutes after sales open and the Phantom is still available, I'm shocked!
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2607735001002

Is that the Fuunsaiki from the HG Master Gundam?

catgirlgenius posted:

i feel like i say this everytime the Beyond Global gets brought up, but i love love the colors. the weird almost pastel desaturation of it is something i have never seen on another kit.

The MG One Year War grandpa is even more desaturated, if kits that are really old by now are your jam. (By really old I mean the OYW was based on its appearance in a PS2 game, and while it does have a full internal skeleton, only the body and arms are "new" - the legs are off the MG 1.5! That said, it was one of my favorite MGs at the time, even though it couldn't Core Fighter.)

Phy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 21, 2022

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Waffleman_ posted:

Entry grade Grandpa is such a good kit. I love it, I've built two of em so far. This is the one with the full weapon suite from Target that I built for Backlogust.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Phy posted:

The MG One Year War grandpa is even more desaturated, if kits that are really old by now are your jam. (By really old I mean the OYW was based on its appearance in a PS2 game, and while it does have a full internal skeleton, only the body and arms are "new" - the legs are off the MG 1.5! That said, it was one of my favorite MGs at the time, even though it couldn't Core Fighter.)

Yeah the OYW MG is sick. It's old but it's still a solid kit I think. The associated PS2 game is also pretty neat.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Phy posted:

Yes it is. All the other accessories are new for the RG, but Fuunsaiki is just pulled out of Master Gundam boxes (probably not literally)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Give me an RG horse.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Give me an RG horse.

https://twitter.com/30msisters/status/1576716219197321216?s=20&t=707rd55XWlw8mnOz6aD1Tg

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Give me an RG horse.

Give ME an MG horse. MG Master is so lonely!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I got monkey's pawed.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Phy posted:

woah... i have never wanted an MG grandpa before. thanks for the heads up!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Does anyone know why some photos of the Eclipse Gundam MG make it look like it has blue accents and some make it look like it has purple accents? I thought the new P-Bandai Eclipse was a unique purple variant but now I'm not sure after seeing that same purple color on the Amazon listing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yawgmoft posted:

Does anyone know why some photos of the Eclipse Gundam MG make it look like it has blue accents and some make it look like it has purple accents? I thought the new P-Bandai Eclipse was a unique purple variant but now I'm not sure after seeing that same purple color on the Amazon listing.

OK, here is the Amazon photo and the Dalong photo. Both show dark blue accents. They look a little more purple in th Amazon photo, but well within range that can be chalked up to different lighting

Here is the P-Bandai Maneuver Striker kit, with the Eclipse Gundam(not included). We can assume this is the regular Eclipse Kit, and looks close enough to the Dalong pic to me. You will notice that it's under very strong light, and the white parts are very bright.

Here is the P-Bandai Eclipse Gundam with Raijin equipment. This is not the regular Eclipse kit included in the picture for reference like in the previous photo, this is a whole set. And here it does look significantly darker, closer to the Amazon picture. It is clearly lit differently. Notice how much duller the white parts look compared to the crisp bright white in the previous picture

We can't actually settle this without in-hand pictures of all of these kits. And certainly slight color variation between runs of the same kit does happen with plastic model kits sometimes. But based on examinations of the photographs, I am comfortable declaring that the Eclipse uses the same dark blue for the accents across all kits, it just looks more purplish in certain lighting conditions.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I agree, look at the blue parts of the two shoulder cannons in the last photo. One of them looms much more purple to me.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

This is going to be the Gunpla version of The Dress.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Local store got some RG God Gundams in, so I snagged that plus an HG ReZel and Kshatriya.

My Christmas vacation backlog is now fully stocked.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

This is going to be the Gunpla version of The Dress.

Good idea for a custom paint job

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Important update! They're doing a China-exclusive Eclipse Gundam CYBER kit. It also does not have purple parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Important update! They're doing a China-exclusive Eclipse Gundam CYBER kit. It also does not have purple parts.

Well, they finally got me interested in the Eclipse

Edgy color scheme to match the edgy design