Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Infinitum posted:

MARIO AND RABBIDS IS A TRASH TIER GAME

DOES NOT COME WITH A REVERSIBLE COVER TO HIDE THE CLASSIFICATION AND MY COLLECTION IS NOW RUINED

you need to add at least one embarrassing anime game to your collection to call yourself a gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

you need to add at least one embarrassing anime game to your collection to call yourself a gamer

octopath traveller is right there dude

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Skyward Sword is right there dude

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Diablo 3 is right there dude

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

Swans are usually white not black, that had me stuck for a second.

come to Australia and say that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
LVG got Ring Fit Adventure for our Switch and I think I am going to start messing with that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey VG is the game industry thread solely for bad news and industry atrocities or is it ok to talk about smaller troubles there that aren't necessarily being reported on much?

I wanna know if it's kosher to discuss various issues surrounding roblox game development but given a general lack of official news articles and my knowledge coming from insiders, I dunno if it'd fit in or if it'd be seen as too speculative/unofficial to discuss.

If it's not kosher there then I'll probably just post about it here instead if that's ok. That's preferable anyway but I thought it'd be better to ask if it's more appropriate for that thread. Lotta dumb poo poo going on with roblox.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey VG is the game industry thread solely for bad news and industry atrocities or is it ok to talk about smaller troubles there that aren't necessarily being reported on much?

I wanna know if it's kosher to discuss various issues surrounding roblox game development but given a general lack of official news articles and my knowledge coming from insiders, I dunno if it'd fit in or if it'd be seen as too speculative/unofficial to discuss.

If it's not kosher there then I'll probably just post about it here instead if that's ok. That's preferable anyway but I thought it'd be better to ask if it's more appropriate for that thread. Lotta dumb poo poo going on with roblox.

I thin that thread is serious business only because of too many slapfights

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The other day I found out Roblox first came out in like 2004 and predates even Minecraft by a good margin.
It's kinda crazy how it is secretly the biggest thing in digital interactibles and has been for some time.
I still refuse to learn anything about what it actually is though.
I think it's the weird auto clicker game my nephew is obsessed with?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

your post history is right there dude

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Re:Roblox - there was a really good little video I watched last year about how scummy that whole operation is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ

Presented by Quinn's of SUSD fame

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also Gotham Knights launches shortly, please post hilarious bugs ITT

Not planning on picking it up until Monday so I can enjoy Mario + Rabbids over the weekend, so that should be enough time to know if it's DOA due to bugs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Re:Roblox - there was a really good little video I watched last year about how scummy that whole operation is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ

Presented by Quinn's of SUSD fame

They did a follow up as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTMF6xEiAaY

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t it strange that we call them “visual novels” when they are, in fact, not novels, but garbage?

Gottem

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I think if it is mostly speculative without stuff to back up then it would be best to post here. I am trying to keep the industry thread on track and I think here might be better if it is more a chatty kind of topic. :)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
A man looks into the mirror and sees a mysterious, dangerous stranger vs man is very sad

https://twitter.com/RuleTimeSpace/status/1582839930094354432?s=20&t=0V18JyS2C8RDD54ZRGjokQ

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gripweed posted:

A man looks into the mirror and sees a mysterious, dangerous stranger vs man is very sad

https://twitter.com/RuleTimeSpace/status/1582839930094354432?s=20&t=0V18JyS2C8RDD54ZRGjokQ

wow, reminds me of the lighting comparison tweet for the original Halloween and the newest one

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Aw yeah, time for October's hottest release Persona 5 Gotham Knights Bayonetta 3 Nier: Automata Overwatch Hahaha Scorn

ULTRA KAIJU MONSTER RANCHER

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

What're the racist Twitter man's thoughts on the French language

the evil man was racist. to americans!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

the evil man was racist. to americans!!!

Yeah but what about the French

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Also Gotham Knights launches shortly, please post hilarious bugs ITT

Not planning on picking it up until Monday so I can enjoy Mario + Rabbids over the weekend, so that should be enough time to know if it's DOA due to bugs

A 4090 can't even maintain 60 FPS, dropping into the 40s sometimes. Performance is hosed

rox
Sep 7, 2016

curious to see how the wb sponsored jerma stream goes lol

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

VideoGames posted:

LVG got Ring Fit Adventure for our Switch and I think I am going to start messing with that.

Ring Fit Adventure is good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What about English ESL speakers are they also insects?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SdiYbSGIQ

New FFXVI trailer

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 20, 2022

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barudak posted:

A 4090 can't even maintain 60 FPS, dropping into the 40s sometimes. Performance is hosed

No wonder there was no console performance mode lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

of course

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

No wonder there was no console performance mode lol

The Series S, laughably, is the only system that hits its framerate consistently. The PS5 and Series X routinely dip below 30 and have stuttering problems.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What about ppl who can speak english but are currently speaking a different language at the time. Insect?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is everything I've ever wanted from a video game :swoon:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oh my god shut upppp

e: not directed at u, rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haha what posted:

oh my god shut upppp

e: not directed at u, rarity

RUDE :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mirror's Edge:

Merc nooooooooo :cry:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Barudak posted:

it feels like you have to be trying to optimize a game this poorly in 2022

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Vermain posted:

it feels like you have to be trying to optimize a game this poorly in 2022

Sounds like someone didn't try the Darktide beta.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

fridge corn posted:

im sure if you can contort the person telling off americans into being problematic and evil if you keep going. youre nearly there.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

darktide ran well for me. how3ever the beta had no mouse sens so i only played a couple hours

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

im sure if you can contort the person telling off americans into being problematic and evil if you keep going. youre nearly there.

What about the British

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames posted:

I got Ring Fit at its launch.

I have been doing it on and off over the years but just finally finished NG++ and am now working on 100%ing it