Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Mang Tomas posted:

It’s been almost a week so how does Nilou perform in general (overworld, bosses and abyss)especially if you can’t get Nahida but got Kokomi?
I’m interested cause she’s unique in her gameplay but seeing all that hp dropping cause of friendly bloom damage sounds like it’ll get annoying.

Overworld with Nilou is fine except that her team doesn't allow Sayu in it and all the crystalflies are flying away from me now. Dendro slimes are annoying but hardly have enough HP to matter. I took her into the Raiden Shogun v2 boss fight, she was noticeably slower than my Ayaka team (took an extra cycle), but still an overall OK performance. On the other hand, she can clear the Dendro artifact domain in 40 seconds flat (if the mobs are cooperative and stand next to each other).

HP dropping isn't really an issue because of Kokomi's jellyfish. Collei gets hit by the boss for 6k damage and heals back 5k midair. If the jellyfish is on cooldown just run around with your two 50k HP characters. But then my blooms are not really very powerful as compared to those I see on youtube. It is a little annoying if you are the kind of person who must absolutely have everyone at 100% HP all the time, though.

edit: Jellyfish, Shogun! It heals in response to physical trauma!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAfyVzzd-r0

sandorius fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

xiao doesn't actually get any benefits from taking damage or being lower hp, unless you use the xiao artifact set that was released way after him.
the hp drain is just an additional cost on his burst to force you to run a healer and not only zhongli

mostly he's just a non-reaction-based hypercarry who presses Q and then does his unga bunga combo for the next X seconds before his burst ends to pump out damage without thinking too hard about teammates. if anything he's closest to Itto.

Ah I forgot the boosted def is from a deep constellation and not baked in, you're right. Though 'increased def when you're low on HP' still isn't nearly as good as increased damage output. I don't run Xiao, I just remember using him in a few events and having had the conversation about that constellation because a friend thought it was an obvious example of the devs mixing up their spreadsheet and giving him a constellation that should have gone on a geo unit, but I remembered his burst eats his HP so it fit his kit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kind of crazy how long Xiao has been in the game and not been significantly improved by the addition of any new characters

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Coolness Averted posted:

But they're not similar mechanically? Xiao's gimmick is self harm with better stats as their HP goes down, isn't it? I'd compare him gmeplay wise more with Hu Tao even though he gains def stat and juggles energy recharge for HP vs her damage for HP.
Whereas Cyno is just an electric hypercarry who wants a ton of field time

They both have dash skills and enter an (edgy) infusion state via burst with high energy and field time requirements. Cyno also feels like an iteration on Xiao design in the sense that his skill generates particles while in burst unlike Xiao, but this could be part of electro identity instead. Like most comparisons that catch on you can see plenty of divergence, but I get where the idea comes from. I feel like the bigger difference is Xiao's plunge focus while Cyno wants to use (Dendro) reactions and has his skill spam gimmick.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Finally got around to starting Act III of Sumeru and I find it kind of rich that Setaria the one following the grand sage around seemingly as his right hand is apparently the contact for trying to turn to Nahida's side and get information out of. Like the one that gave off every vibe of the evil student council president academic alpha bitch character (Her example expression on the games wiki page is this), as seen in many a school setting in anime, and whose primary role in Act II was to join in on bullying the plucky lovable dancer girl, is apparently Nahida's first instinct because she's conventionally attractive and young looking from the desert. I mean I guess but I'm surprised the role doesn't fall to someone like say the upcoming Layla character or Haypasia who seemed fairly reasonable from the get go? We'll see where things go but apparently it can't just be a case of a bad seed finding a bad gardener the way it came off in her initial scene and only the old ugly dude can be an outright dick like Eula's uncle or Sara's adoptive father. :colbert:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Feels real weird to blame it on her being conventionally attractive and then suggest two alternatives that are also conventionally attractive.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its not like she does a face turn, you outright manipulate her lol

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Yeah, the whole point is that she's easy to gently caress with. Because dendro is actually the mindfuck element, not the 'lol green missiles' element.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Feels real weird to blame it on her being conventionally attractive and then suggest two alternatives that are also conventionally attractive.

Haypasia and Layla kind of give me that frumpy Sucrose vibe more than anything. Setaria gave off the vibe of that one student council president character that's the principles daughter, has all doors ahead of them open in life, and is 2 seconds away from showing up in front of you casually tossing her hair to scoff at the common folk, but now I'm guessing it's all an act or something and there's more to the character than initial appearances since she's from the desert and from what I gather the desert folk tend to be treated kind of like poo poo and second class citizens within the Akademiya pecking order normally. Probably because of reasons of bigotry and their god being dead now thus diminishing their authority and standing or something like that. There seems to be a lot of prestige in worshipping the winning/surviving gods in the Archon War in Teyvat is sort of a vibe I've got as well. Like the people in Watatsumi weren't treated super great and kind of forced to live on lovely barren land even though the more directly involved current Raiden seems to be trying to welcome them into the fold at least if they're willing to co-exist even if they still won't pledge themselves to her (which is an outcome that never happens without the Traveler mind you), and the ones that lost their gods or never had one to begin with seem to have been wiped out ages ago in the Archon War or have since fallen in under a new order like Decarabian's people moving over to Barbatos Mondstadt or Liyue with the self-governing thing (which is also an outcome that probably never happens without the Traveler and all the Adepti and Liyue Qixing otherwise Liyue Harbour has probably been Tsunami'd off the face of the map by now).

Keep in mind I've done like 15 minutes of Act III maybe mostly cause I got pulled into it by walking into the quest start trigger zone while trying to progress another quest in Sumeru City.

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, the whole point is that she's easy to gently caress with. Because dendro is actually the mindfuck element, not the 'lol green missiles' element.

Ah that makes a lot more sense if that is the case

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 20, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If you think Sucrose is frumpy then I just do not understand your opinions on anime girl attractiveness because I do not see why Sucrose is any more frumpy than any of the other characters she shares a model with.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hellioning posted:

If you think Sucrose is frumpy then I just do not understand your opinions on anime girl attractiveness because I do not see why Sucrose is any more frumpy than any of the other characters she shares a model with.

I think maybe they used the term to mean shy or not flashy in dress? Though with the exception of like full on comedically ugly I thought you usually had to rely on anime or manga telling you who is homely in appearance, due to relatively sparse drawing detail for anything but big deal characters and splash pages. I also haven't really watched or read stuff in like 15 years so grampa talking about 90's manga could be way off here.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Coolness Averted posted:

I think maybe they used the term to mean shy or not flashy in dress? Though with the exception of like full on comedically ugly I thought you usually had to rely on anime or manga telling you who is homely in appearance, due to relatively sparse drawing detail for anything but big deal characters and splash pages. I also haven't really watched or read stuff in like 15 years so grampa talking about 90's manga could be way off here.

She's a nerd who wears glasses so she's definitely meant to be seen in that sort of vein instead of being 'hot'.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Kale posted:

There seems to be a lot of prestige in worshipping the winning/surviving gods in the Archon War in Teyvat is sort of a vibe I've got as well. Like the people in Watatsumi weren't treated super great and kind of forced to live on lovely barren land even though the more directly involved current Raiden seems to be trying to welcome them into the fold at least if they're willing to co-exist even if they still won't pledge themselves to her (which is an outcome that never happens without the Traveler mind you), and the ones that lost their gods or never had one to begin with seem to have been wiped out ages ago in the Archon War or have since fallen in under a new order like Decarabian's people moving over to Barbatos Mondstadt or Liyue with the self-governing thing (which is also an outcome that probably never happens without the Traveler and all the Adepti and Liyue Qixing otherwise Liyue Harbour has probably been Tsunami'd off the face of the map by now).

We also see this with the salt goddess from Zhongli’s story quest, though now I’m just thinking she somehow ended up in Triangle Strategy world.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Hellioning posted:

5px? Please.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
If she was frumpy, she wouldn’t be on the gatcha.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Turns out Yoimiya and Amber were the top tier Pyros after all

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I can't believe someone made that chart and decided to share it what the gently caress

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I can't believe someone made that chart and decided to share it what the gently caress

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Gamers continue to be weird.

Though a small part of me is morbidly curious how Rosaria would rank before they shrunk her outrageous balloons.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Gamers continue to be weird.

Though a small part of me is morbidly curious how Rosaria would rank before they shrunk her outrageous balloons.

This is kind of how I found it. I was looking for changes made to the models a while back and something similar to this was linked in a thread about Rosaria's changes.

Kale
May 14, 2010

WTF just found out that when you get a character birthday message in your mailbox in Honkai Impact it actually plays this little CGI scroll of the letter, a chibi animation of them writing it, and their VA reading the letter out to you as if the character were dictating it. :stare:

Somehow basically every anime/game thing manages to have a bust size chart comparison thing, though 99% of the time I've come across one they've been in Japanese. I stopped asking questions a long time ago, it's just kind of a constant somehow within these subcultures.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

This is kind of how I found it. I was looking for changes made to the models a while back and something similar to this was linked in a thread about Rosaria's changes.

Sure, whatever you say

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

mikemil828 posted:

In other news, apparently Xiao now promotes witchcraft or something? I don’t get what gets folks riled up these days…
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna52715
It's just another "pokemon is the devil!!1" panic. I actually expected to see Xiao the character on the mural, but it turned out to be only the mask, which is pretty much a generic eastern demon/devil mask.

It also had the geo symbol, bennett's burst icon, and a crystalfly. Didn't notice any other genshin stuff though, aside from maaaaybe hutao's ghost toward the top center. Cute mural, ignoring all the political bullshit and the terrifying giant syringes full of ink and/or oil.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Welcome to the internet. First day?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I feel like a breast size chart in a game like this that sells characters at least in part based on how attractive they are is like the least surprising thing.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hoyoverse needs to give us some men who can get put on that chart too :colbert: or at least someone who isn't like stick thin already

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The eremite geo enemy is a beefy lad, let us play as him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tsyni posted:

5px? Please.

DBZ Broly is like a 300

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Alhaitham will come, eventually, some day

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mix. posted:

hoyoverse needs to give us some men who can get put on that chart too :colbert: or at least someone who isn't like stick thin already
The bards still sing of the legendary sixth character model, which the gods sealed away long ago.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

The bards still sing of the legendary sixth character model, which the gods sealed away long ago.

Nobody wants a playable timmy.

Unless they can summon his ruin guard.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

She's a nerd who wears glasses so she's definitely meant to be seen in that sort of vein instead of being 'hot'.

This discussion made me stop and think about it, in spite of seeing her every day on my team for god knows how long.
"Frumpy" is less "unattractive," and more "not really trying to be all that attractive, maybe a bit sloppy," which while not the absolute most mainstream is definitely a type. (my type, tbh)

And having looked, it is weird. Sucrose feels very much like the writers wanted her to be frumpy and the character designers or marketing wouldn't allow it.
She's got the glasses and the messy hair, she's shy and socially awkward. She doesn't get out much, she has a really weird hobby in her bone collection, she frequently stays up all night on her other major interest, and her favorite foods are candy and a healthy casserole she probably prepares a week of at a time. . .

And then her character model has blush and long eyelashes, her outfit is complicated, and it includes stockings with a garter belt and high heels. And a ton of it is stainless white, while she is an alchemist.

All of this to say, one, that the writers did a good enough job writing her as a shut-in nerd that would normally look frumpy that I didn't notice she doesn't.

And that I hope the next 4 star costume we get gives Sucrose the oversized sweater or wrinkled shirt and flat shoes she deserves to be allowed to wear.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 20, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's a little-known fact that having a Vision also makes you naturally beautiful. Before Xingqiu got his, he had a whiny voice, acne, and a neckbeard.

I'm pretty sure this was all confirmed in an old event you can't see anymore.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Captain France posted:

This discussion made me stop and think about it, in spite of seeing her every day on my team for god knows how long.
"Frumpy" is less "unattractive," and more "not really trying to be all that attractive, maybe a bit sloppy," which while not the absolute most mainstream is definitely a type. (my type, tbh)

And having looked, it is weird. Sucrose feels very much like the writers wanted her to be frumpy and the character designers or marketing wouldn't allow it.
She's got the glasses and the messy hair, she's shy and socially awkward. She doesn't get out much, she has a really weird hobby in her bone collection, she frequently stays up all night on her other major interest, and her favorite foods are candy and a healthy casserole she probably prepares a week of at a time. . .

And then her character model has blush and long eyelashes, her outfit is complicated, and it includes stockings with a garter belt and high heels. And a ton of it is stainless white, while she is an alchemist.

All of this to say, one, that the writers did a good enough job writing her as a shut-in nerd that would normally look frumpy that I didn't notice she doesn't.

And that I hope the next 4 star costume we get gives Sucrose the oversized sweater or wrinkled shirt and flat shoes she deserves to be allowed to wear.

Her unit title has 'cutie' in it. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a cute dork that appeals to folks who like bashful and unassertive sorts

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

sucrose is the only 4 star character I don't have so I don't like her

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I got Keqing off a random blue wish at pity count 18 tonight. My luck with the standard banner has been vile. I don't think I'll have any right to ever complain about losing the 50-50.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I would kill to replace my Qiqis with Keqings

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah Keqing is legit good now with dendro traveler. And if you have a lions roar just lying around its perfect for her

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Even the 3 star harbinger of dawn is decent on keqing. If you dont take damage to keep up the buff. Which might be a bit tough if you arent quick swapping her

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sucose is frumpy the same way the model who plays the nerdy girl with glasses and hasn't put her hair down yet is frumpy.

Excelzior posted:

I would kill to replace my Qiqis with Keqings

Qiqi constellations are pretty bad until her C6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FractalSandwich posted:

playable hilichurl whose Q turns them into a lawachurl