Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
https://twitter.com/polygon/status/1580642024407138306?s=46&t=Sff6UoSKFqN_Kq2zRdSLKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’m really digging Steeplechase so far. It’s the boys flying by the seat of their pants and goofing, which is what TAZ is when it’s at its best. I love that I feel like Justin only had the broad strokes planned and is letting with the boys do dictate where stuff goes.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Full me four times, shame on me.

poo poo is gonna end with them saving all known universes ever… again!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Seems solid so fat for a “fight” episode there was plenty of playing in the space. Love me some DnD but this system lets you get loose with things in an interesting way. I’m not crazy about the intro vlogger framing device, but that’s just me being weird. That theme though, goddamn.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Immediately more entertaining than the last three campaigns so far, especially as Justin's been (a) rolling with the flow and (b) just rubbing it in his brothers' faces when they start pursuing an incredibly obviously batshit stupid idea. The off-the-wall goofiness has been a delight, particularly during those moments when the boys can't stop rolling threes and proclaim roll20 as being full of poo poo.

That is The Tabletop Experience.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Only episode 2 and the gang is already trying to one-up each other with crazy plans...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1581649333216124928?s=46&t=dgkoWHpuMky4D2vikczjbQ

Bean boy returns

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

That's not an awful lot of beans for 15 gallons of chili unless he's using like #10 cans

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like Justin as the DM of this new Adventure Zone but I zoned out a lot when it got very mechanics and numbers-heavy. wish it had a tighter edit

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

more falafel please posted:

That's not an awful lot of beans for 15 gallons of chili unless he's using like #10 cans

You're trying to divide by zero

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQC-BJht0Oo

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sydnees running for office? Waow

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

TL posted:

I’m really digging Steeplechase so far. It’s the boys flying by the seat of their pants and goofing, which is what TAZ is when it’s at its best. I love that I feel like Justin only had the broad strokes planned and is letting with the boys do dictate where stuff goes.

I gave it a shot after seeing it mentioned in the thread and the first good sign was Justin cutting Travis off when Travis started giving his character's entire life story.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Pennsylvanian posted:

I gave it a shot after seeing it mentioned in the thread and the first good sign was Justin cutting Travis off when Travis started giving his character's entire life story.

This gave me a massive amount of hope as well.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I'm your dad

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Justin runs a tight game and I'm here for it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Griffin's beard scraggle is a sign that he's starting to undergo the Clintification process

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Thank Richard Nixon for the McElroy brothers.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

So Griffin moved to D.C. recently? Seems like an odd choice. Considering the state of America and the world in general I'd probably wanna live anywhere else.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

grittyreboot posted:

So Griffin moved to D.C. recently? Seems like an odd choice. Considering the state of America and the world in general I'd probably wanna live anywhere else.

I assumed it was for Rachel's job or something. No idea what she does but Griffin can be Griffin anywhere

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

grittyreboot posted:

Texas isn't exactly a bastion of sanity

DC is where all the terrible people live most of the year but at least its not a theocracy yet

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

DC is also a lot closer to Huntington, and it's the same time zone.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

And to be fair, that's not just a Travis dig. The last few TAZ campaigns felt like the boys all had too much planned for the characters. Steeplechase felt slightly less loose than a live episode, which I like.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

grittyreboot posted:

washington is a city of like 670,000 people--most of whom do not work in politics

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The in-universe commercials at the start of Steeplechase have fooled me two weeks in a row now, and I love them. "Thanks everyone for the praying hands emojis" lmao

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sankis posted:

Texas isn't exactly a bastion of sanity

DC is where all the terrible people live most of the year but at least its not a theocracy yet

If I had to pick between paying taxes in Texas or wDC I’d choose dc every time

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can’t think of anywhere I’d want to move less than DC and it’s surrounding suburbs. Insanely expensive, horrible traffic and the city isn’t nearly good enough to make it worth it. All things being equal I’d easily pick Texas over DC.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

In DC when it gets cold you don't have to move out of your house for several months because your pipes exploded because the gas didn't work because the power was out because you're on a separate grid from the rest of the country and lines started freezing.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
As mentioned in the recent episode, if you've just welcomed a second son into your life, being an hour's drive from family instead of a 4 hour flight probably helps.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sniper4625 posted:

As mentioned in the recent episode, if you've just welcomed a second son into your life, being an hour's drive from family instead of a 4 hour flight probably helps.

It's a lot more than an hour, Huntington is basically at the intersection of Ohio/Kentucky/WV. But yeah, I think that's the idea.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

more falafel please posted:

It's a lot more than an hour, Huntington is basically at the intersection of Ohio/Kentucky/WV. But yeah, I think that's the idea.

Oh drat, for some reason I always internalized "Harper's Ferry is just an hour away, thus all of West Virginia is basically that :downs:" but it's a bigger state than I thought and Huntingdon is at the opposite end. So 6 hours yes.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We’ve half considered moving closer home ourselves for our one kiddo. Totally get they doing that for two.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Owned

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1582853049688915969?s=46&t=78BiNxQRFU03soUM7xFwxg

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

my first maxfun podcast was sawbones and my initial reaction was pretty much 'the doctor lady is cool but who the gently caress is this guy'
so i get it

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Put Travis on there imo.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

AndrewP posted:

I can’t think of anywhere I’d want to move less than DC and it’s surrounding suburbs. Insanely expensive, horrible traffic and the city isn’t nearly good enough to make it worth it. All things being equal I’d easily pick Texas over DC.

Don’t personally like funding state sponsored witch hunts against trans kids and pregnant people but you do you

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

She’s right

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Anyone who says the vlogger intros to AZ are objectively wrong at this point. They are essential for setting that mildly eerie Disney propaganda vibe.

I am loving Justin telling his brothers to shut the gently caress up when they repeatedly interrupt, as well. Most accurate DM energy the show has yet to demonstrate.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Sticky Finger Paul Pantry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Finishing Steeplechase episodes just to have that Dust arc start during autoplay really points out how I missed goofs in TAZ. Also, conversations in recent campaigns have been absurdly slow. Steeple has been nice. Justin's "No" energy works well when he's in the DM seat.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 20, 2022