Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Precise, which he is arguably worse at.

What do you mean by "at?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tesseraction posted:

TallBarts vids have been good but he's really nailing the editing on these to make them smooth

Imagine how much of jorp they had to watch to even decide what to put in those videos.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
Jorp Definitive Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioyaZ39gV5I

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Why would one argue with a man with a beard of that caliber when you can only generate a pube scratch thing.

Buddy just 180 at the door and save what's left of your shattered dignity.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Well I watched the first 33 seconds and was laughing like an idiot so I don't know if I could watch 12 minutes of that at once.

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I don't think Jorp is actually questioning the definition as much as he has an almost-Hegelian idea of phenomenology where, yes, Cain and Abel "happened" in the very real and concrete sense we would use the word, but are also in a sense always happening and will continue to happen because their happening is also an idea, a meme in the original sense, that he cannot just loving stop talking about for one goddamn second. So the resurrection happened, a physical occurrence, but it also continues to happen in a symbolic sense in communion and in people's belief in Christ. In this way, all things that happen transcend time by happening again in abstract whenever people think of them or act under their influence; but in a very real sense that abstraction is all we can ever really know for sure so that it is just as real as the actual occurrence of the inspiration event. Cain very really murdered Abel in actuality, and continues to murder him each time the story is read, each time an act evokes it, because it is the original of the shadow on the wall of the cave that all humanity lives in; within their skull.

That or he's an idiot mushbrain incapable of expressing a straight thought.

As incoherent as it is, given the number of parallels you can find with Hegal, you can say Peterson's thought is more Marxist than most post-modernists.

Though it's clear from his debate with Zizek he's never heard of him; its most likely just him repeating thoughts from Cambell's monomyth or Jung's archetypes. Cain an Able each represent a universal form that is repeated over and over again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How are they still writing this poo poo after the benzo saga.

https://twitter.com/RIKKISCHLOTT/status/1581326387771633665?s=20&t=de99EUaTHSQZRK-vuAzdVA

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

She is a libertarian op.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Rikki Thott

it's short for Rikola

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
tfw you practice 'radical individualism'

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

teaching young men to assume responsibility for themselves isn't a crime rikki

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Embrace responsibility? Is it responsible to get addicted to benzos and then fly to Russia for an experimental procedure (that no ethical doctor in Canada would perform) where you are placed in a drug-induced coma for a month so you don't have to deal with the withdrawal symptoms yourself?

Did this actually happen?

Edit: after typing this out, it occurred to me that it had to be just a crazy rumor made up to slander Jorp, right? So much on the internet is false. But there are news articles about it from 2020, so I guess it did happen. How did it not completely destroy his credibility as a life coach?

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 20, 2022

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Nebrilos posted:

Embrace responsibility? Is it responsible to get addicted to benzos and then fly to Russia for an experimental procedure (that no ethical doctor in Canada would perform) where you are placed in a drug-induced coma for a month so you don't have to deal with the withdrawal symptoms yourself?

Edit: after typing this out, it occurred to me that it had to be just a crazy rumor made up to slander Jorp, right? So much on the internet is false. But there are news articles about it from 2020, so I guess it did happen. How did it not completely destroy his credibility as a life coach?

Rush Limbaugh repeatedly called for the death penalty for people who committed the exact same “drug crimes” he committed.

Stupid people and bigots are not actually parsing the words and arguments and applying the supposed principles to the people they revere.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nebrilos posted:

*extremely ketamine kermit voice* "Explain the definition of 'did'"

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

She is a libertarian op.

A quick look at her Twitter and it's the same old poo poo. Lots of equivocating about trigger warnings and that weird "I'm the one who actually cares about the kids and am not transphobic, here's a thousand words of me never getting to the loving point...a thread" (my poetic interpretation).

But she's young and blond and can do the serious face and the smiley face on cue. Just copy/paste the same talking points as a hundred others. Mad lib(ertarian)s.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
drat she's staking her fledgling career on this poo poo? She must have figured the incelonomics would be an easy payday I guess. It's a pretty easy market to pander to.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Embrace responsibility, says the man who turned his brain to mush in a back-alley Russian clinic trying to easy-mode his way though benzo withdrawal.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

*extremely ketamine kermit voice* "Explain the definition of 'did'"

lol I've never actually seen a real interview with this idiot before... that mosque interview told me all i need to know about how disingenuous and worthless he is to speak to and i think I won't ever pay attention to him or anyone who mentions him seriously again.

Thank you thread.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wendigee posted:

lol I've never actually seen a real interview with this idiot before... that mosque interview told me all i need to know about how disingenuous and worthless he is to speak to and i think I won't ever pay attention to him or anyone who mentions him seriously again.

Thank you thread.

i've been meaning to see the rest of the segment from that interview cause i was curious how that clown would defend himself against the claim that he was acting like a postmodernist, and i realized something that i don't think gets enough attention. we all know jorp likes to ramble on endlessly, but one of his favorite tactics when he's asked a question that he seems to have no way out of is to basically elaborate on the subject of said question.

for example, in the mosque interview, when he was asked how he wasn't being a postmodernist, jorp goes into a several minute long explanation of extremely general postmodern thought. during that entire history lesson, the closest he comes down to actually answering the loving question is by simply saying that postmodernists had the right idea about examining 'truth' from texts, but their answer was that it was all about power, so they can now be safely ignored. of course, even that doesn't actually answer the original question or shed any light on the topic whatsoever. so it's basically an incredibly time wasting tactic that allows him to seem like he knows what he's talking about and also hopefully causes the interlocutor to be bored/tired/confused enough to move on.

there was one funny part where jorp accuses derrida and foucault of being more marxist than postmodernist, to which the muslim guy said that's not accurate, and jorp IMMEDIATELY turns to his lapdog and goes "OH HEY I JUST REALIZED I'VE BEEN TALKING ALL THIS TIME, DID YOU WANNA JUMP IN ON THIS, BUDDY??" :lol:

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 22, 2022

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Mr Interweb posted:

i've been meaning to see the rest of the segment from that interview cause i was curious how that clown would defend himself against the claim that he was acting like a postmodernist, and i realized something that i never noticed before. we all know jorp likes to ramble on endlessly, but one of his favorite tactics when he's asked a question that he seems to have no way out of is to basically elaborate on the subject of said question. for example, in the mosque interview, when he was asked how he wasn't being a postmodernist, jorp goes into a several minute long explanation of extremely general postmodern thought. during that entire history lesson, the closest he comes down to actually answering the loving question is by simply saying that postmodernists had the right idea about examining 'truth' from texts, but their answer was that it was all about power, so they can now be safely ignored. of course, even that doesn't actually answer the original question or shed any light on the topic whatsoever. so it's basically an incredibly time wasting tactic that allows him to seem like he knows what he's talking about and also hopefully causes the interlocutor to be bored/tired/confused enough to move on.

there was one funny part where jorp accuses derrida and foucault of being more marxist than postmodernist, to which the muslim guy said that's not accurate, and jorp IMMEDIATELY turns to his lapdog and goes "OH HEY I JUST REALIZED I'VE BEEN TALKING ALL THIS TIME, DID YOU WANNA JUMP IN ON THIS, BUDDY??" :lol:

ya he's really fuckin stupid

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
new very tall bart lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZaXkfjUxXg

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mr Interweb posted:

i've been meaning to see the rest of the segment from that interview cause i was curious how that clown would defend himself against the claim that he was acting like a postmodernist, and i realized something that i don't think gets enough attention. we all know jorp likes to ramble on endlessly, but one of his favorite tactics when he's asked a question that he seems to have no way out of is to basically elaborate on the subject of said question...

I know it's something I've brought up before as well. I wish I could say I could rise above it, but the sheer... Slack-jawed inability of Peterson to make the basic connection that his word salads are directly inspired by postmodernism while decrying it from rooftops makes me... Peeved. It peeves me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's the standard Chewbacca Defense. Distract from how you don't actually have a valid counterargument by going on and on about barely relevant to completely irrelevant tangents and minituae, repeat ad nauseum until your opponent gives up or runs out of time.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

I was pretty let down recently on youtube it popped up in my feed where jorp had Andrew Huberman on. I know Huberman had been on some pretty dumbass podcasts before (rogan,jocko) but just wrote it off as him willing to talk anywhere. I think when I first heard him he was talking about one of his mentors being a trans person, so I was really surprised hed show up on a jorp thing.

A neuroscientist should beable to take one look at jorp and see something is wrong, also gotta be the first time the actual fried, scraggley kermit penis of jorps actual channel reared its ugly head in my feed. Curses

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Samovar posted:

I know it's something I've brought up before as well. I wish I could say I could rise above it, but the sheer... Slack-jawed inability of Peterson to make the basic connection that his word salads are directly inspired by postmodernism while decrying it from rooftops makes me... Peeved. It peeves me.
"He tasks me! He tasks me and I shall have him!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Somebody has to say it:
Benzo the Clown just isn't funny anymore, he just keeps repeating his routine over and over as if we couldn't tell the difference.
That crying shtick was dead on arrival and he won't let it be and he can't even share the stage with anyone interesting without trying to upstage them in the worst way.
Maybe I should just rewatch Ben the Wonder Child's greatest hits for the 320th time.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

This is very good. It also led me to very tall bart production of Matt Walsh and a dog peeing https://youtube.com/shorts/V17wzgFoiGA?feature=share

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mr Interweb posted:

i've been meaning to see the rest of the segment from that interview cause i was curious how that clown would defend himself against the claim that he was acting like a postmodernist, and i realized something that i don't think gets enough attention. we all know jorp likes to ramble on endlessly, but one of his favorite tactics when he's asked a question that he seems to have no way out of is to basically elaborate on the subject of said question.

for example, in the mosque interview, when he was asked how he wasn't being a postmodernist, jorp goes into a several minute long explanation of extremely general postmodern thought. during that entire history lesson, the closest he comes down to actually answering the loving question is by simply saying that postmodernists had the right idea about examining 'truth' from texts, but their answer was that it was all about power, so they can now be safely ignored. of course, even that doesn't actually answer the original question or shed any light on the topic whatsoever. so it's basically an incredibly time wasting tactic that allows him to seem like he knows what he's talking about and also hopefully causes the interlocutor to be bored/tired/confused enough to move on.

Someone should really interrupt him mid diatribe and just outright say he hasn't come close to answering the question and that he's breaking his own rule about being concise. Or just let him finish and then ask the question again while pointing out he never gave an answer. Just really corner the man.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Powerful Katrinka posted:

This is very good. It also led me to very tall bart production of Matt Walsh and a dog peeing https://youtube.com/shorts/V17wzgFoiGA?feature=share

That's good but I hate those shorts or any type of video that I have no way to find out how long it is.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I got philosophy brain worms poo poo, but it mostly made me angry at myself.

I have philosophy anger now towards a man. Shut the gently caress up dude.

Philosophy anger is a special kind of anger. I hate your thoughts.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I hate my thoughts too

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Do you think they gave Jorp phenazepam?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

The Fattest PI posted:

I hate my thoughts too

That means it's working.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Private Cumshoe posted:

Do you think they gave Jorp phenazepam?

i imagine he would get up to more insane poo poo if he was on da joose

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ziggy Smalls posted:

i imagine he would get up to more insane poo poo if he was on da joose

Those edited shitposts would be real

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nebrilos posted:

in general the people who need life coaching do not make good decisions

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Relevant Tangent posted:

in general the people who need life coaching do not make good decisions

I find fascinating the kind of people who feel qualified to become life coaches.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

pseudanonymous posted:

I find fascinating the kind of people who feel qualified to become life coaches.

You don't need any qualifications for one at that level. You just claim to be one and there you go. It works for a lot of stuff. You just say it confidently and people believe you.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I prefer life cooches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those edited shitposts would be real
Wait, they're not real?