Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is the twitch vod still live, I can't seem to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Is the twitch vod still live, I can't seem to find it.

You're looking for this? https://twitch.tv/videos/1580446823

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
https://twitter.com/chesterr01/status/1582967252294377472

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ActiBlizz gets the most poo poo because they're probably the biggest offenders.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

and it's extra fun to poo poo on them because they haven't published anything good in like 6 years either

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

because gently caress if I don't have a lot of nostalgia for their games and desperately want them to have a recovery story and stop being terrible, and Pat basically finding any and every excuse to milk Blizzard's fuckups for content gets kind of exhausting, particularly when Blizzard is not exactly alone in whatever bullshit they happen to pull. Like, they deserve all the dunking, but I'm just tired of it now, "next bit" if you will.

You know very well this won't happen, holding them to account and shining a spotlight is how things change, yelling "BORED NOW I just want to enjoy WoW/Diablo" or whatever is giving Bobby Kotick what he wants.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

On the other hand none of this complaining changes anything. Overwatch 2 has been a known trainwreck for over a year, the launch was an embarrassment and even locked out a lot of people who were still fans, the content that was promised on release has been moved back an entire year, a viable and more ethical alternative game launched a week before, and none of it has had any effect on the player base.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I really do not think that CSB single repeatedly hitting the "Blizzard Diversity Chart" button is going to make ActiBlizz go "hmm yes, perhaps we should be less awful."

I do agree that general negative press certainly does keep pressure up, but I also feel like it's a bit naive when there's millions of people who are going to play Call of Duty regardless of whatever memes people are making about the company. The cynic in me feels like other companies are just as awful, but they just didn't get blown up as hard and are probably just doing a better job covering it up and staying out of the spotlight, or happened to make a Netflix series that everyone liked.

Like, it's less "bored now" and finding it hard not to feel frustrated and cynical about endless "Blizzard bad" memes while being inundated by "omg Arcane!!!!!" and "wow FNAF Security Breach!!!!" - granted some of this is a -me- thing because of my twitter, the boys haven't had a lick to say about Security Breach.

I kept hearing how Overwatch is not the first game to do the phone number thing, not to mention how much heat OW caught for lootboxes originally when TF2 and CSGO were doing it first, and IMO, in kind of a worse way.

Iunno, some of the exhaustion from my perspective is hearing stuff like the diversity chart wasn't something actually used by the teams or whatever, so it feels like some of the dumber stuff gets warped because it's juicy and ripe for comedy. "Pat complains about games/things he has minimal first hand experience with" is fun when you don't have first hand experience, and often less fun when you do.

Like, I can't state enough that I think Blizzard deserves the negative press, but it just feels hard not to view the stance of "everything made by scumbags, what are you going to do" very cynically as an excuse from Pat (and others) to excuse playing something they want, while having a moral high-ground elsewhere. To be clear, I don't think this is what they're doing, it's a negative feeling to escape because of stupid personal attachments and nostalgia.

beep by grandpa posted:

and it's extra fun to poo poo on them because they haven't published anything good in like 6 years either
but that's kind of what fuels the cynicism. It's not wrong, but it also feels very convenient.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Sure, but some of it is just convenience. You need weekly topics to chat about, and it's real hard to think of another company in gaming who keeps tripping into rakes once a month minimum like ABK who is also involved in spaces the boys play in. You mention FNAF not coming up because... they do not care. It's not their world. It's like how if you swap media, almost everyone has a take on the Warner-Discovery clusterfuck because it keeps happening, unceasingly. It's exhausting but also it's real hard to find anyone somehow going "I don't watch superheroes + HBO + cartoons + streaming +..." but nobody's gonna talk about NBC making GBS threads the bed because who in the hell is using Peacock

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Absolutely and zero disagreement - my original point is somewhat that I just feel exhausted that ABK can't stop rake stepping.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bingo, thanks! must've gone right past it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

sirtommygunn posted:

On the other hand none of this complaining changes anything. Overwatch 2 has been a known trainwreck for over a year, the launch was an embarrassment and even locked out a lot of people who were still fans, the content that was promised on release has been moved back an entire year, a viable and more ethical alternative game launched a week before, and none of it has had any effect on the player base.

What game is this?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I think they mean Gundam Evolution.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Correct

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/1583302996749787137?t=

I know gamers are loving stupid and poo poo ('poo poo' is a Noun here) but was jen hale really getting a bunch of poo poo compared to how much they the company & kamiya were? I didn't really look at her name when it was trending and I mostly saw people correctly saying to leave her out of it

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
the gamers are at it again

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Twitter magnifies hate, like the literal maximum anything can get hated on is like maybe 50k likes which is smaller than the smallest indie game

and that' assumes that's not 90% bots or burner accounts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there were absolutely people going around calling her a scab which is loving insane

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Not to mention Kamiya's twitter account being deleted and Hellena Taylor's video directly calling out Hale. She was the lowest hanging fruit left. Not that it justifies it in anyway.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, almost that entire Woolie vs Dignity stream is top shelf content. way, way more hits than misses, ya love to see it.

hell, I was surprised that not all the vtuber submissions were total cringe, the Hana Macchia one was great, also apparently she and her dad are fans of CSB, which is cool.

guess I'll try submitting something myself, though I wager he's probably getting inundated now after such a successful launch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie will never ask for submissions because he takes 20 minutes per 1 minute of video because this is woolie

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Saw a Pat stream for the first time in a long time and Jesus how much weight has he lost?

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Pennsylvanian posted:

Saw a Pat stream for the first time in a long time and Jesus how much weight has he lost?

iirc he said on the podcast at least 50 pounds

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And all that from just spitting Redbull instead of swallowing it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm here for the next five ME2 videos being Woolie slowly reading every single Shadow Broker dossier, there's some good stuff in them.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Podcast today was really good

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Suzy is great with them, yeah.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Suzy should become the third member of the Castle, she fits right in

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I barely ever listen to the podcast, but I hope Woolie keeps the title they came up with

Hey Bayonutters, Are You Town?

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

theCalamity posted:

I barely ever listen to the podcast, but I hope Woolie keeps the title they came up with

Hey Bayonutters, Are You Town?

He swapped Hey for Attention, so he at least kept close.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What’s up with the background noise in the last few podcasts? Is that Paige streaming or Punchmom hanging out?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, this week's podcast is a higher cut than most. Suzy is great, and I couldn't keep it together when they spent like ten minutes beating up the Bayonetta IP over that "half a billion dollar profit" claim Taylor had made.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, this week's podcast is a higher cut than most. Suzy is great, and I couldn't keep it together when they spent like ten minutes beating up the Bayonetta IP over that "half a billion dollar profit" claim Taylor had made.

"The sequel was a Wii U exclusive" as the argument ender is pretty damning.

Regedit: https://twitter.com/chesterr01/status/1585800955357904897

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 28, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Susie was a delight and I hope she comes by often.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Someone pointed out to me that Woolie's close to the suicide run in ME2 and that might be the most terrifying piece of content he's ever made. Either two minutes to give everyone roles or two hours, if anyone dies he's going to be stubborn enough to not roll it back. If Mordin dies he'd crumble and keep going while Reggie shakes him, Pat is on speakerphone yelling at him to reload saves, chat on fire.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I'm really enjoying Paige's play through of Disco Elysium.

Mr. Boivin is helping her play the game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Paige disco is approaching Baba Is You territory of meltdowns

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Someone pointed out to me that Woolie's close to the suicide run in ME2 and that might be the most terrifying piece of content he's ever made. Either two minutes to give everyone roles or two hours, if anyone dies he's going to be stubborn enough to not roll it back. If Mordin dies he'd crumble and keep going while Reggie shakes him, Pat is on speakerphone yelling at him to reload saves, chat on fire.

Did he get to the crew abduction yet?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

A good poster posted:

Did he get to the crew abduction yet?

His last stream stopped with him just finishing the Reaper IFF mission and getting Legion. He has to isolate because his wife has COVID, so it'll be a bit before they can play more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Jesus christ Woolie stop skipping dialogue in Neon White.