Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Everyone watch RRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Death Stranding is a game I am playing next year. I am looking forward to it way more after experiencing MGS1-3.

Oh drat you're in for a treat, I think it's right up your alley.

It's undeniably a highly polarizing game, and I think it can require someone being in the right frame of mind to "click" with it. I bounced off it initially, even, and then when I picked up again and got a little bit further it became my game of the PS4 generation.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:siren: WE'RE ABOUT TO GET A NEW FFXVI TRAILER ANY MINUTE NOW IGN ACCIDENTLY PUT THEIR REACTION PIECE UP EARLY LOL :siren:

https://sea.ign.com/final-fantasy-xvi/191631/news/final-fantasy-16-trailer-sheds-more-light-on-the-story-and-the-role-of-the-crystals

https://imgur.io/a/mPYkc2G

Probably today, 20th was gonna be the ps showcase where everything was gonna drop but i guess ms battle delaying is forcing 3rd parties to throw them out on their own like konami, capcom and now squareenix. Suspect kojimas moved his to tga.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 20, 2022

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Death stranding came out when my wife was pregonate with our kid and I legit cried at many points in the story and felt real strong emotions about lil bb and I even called my kid bb for a while until somehow gooby stuck. I get why some people don’t like it but also they’re wrong death stranding is a game of all time

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:peanut::supaburn::derp::supaburn::peanut:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm going to buy the dual sense edge for no other reason than conspicuous consumption

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just thought about FFVIIrebirth on the way and it reminded me of all the joy FFVIIremake gave me and I am absolutely more hyped for that game than any other game in existence.
I truly cannot wait to play it and I hope I enjoy it as much as FFVIIremake.

univbee posted:

Oh drat you're in for a treat, I think it's right up your alley.

This makes me inordinately happy :D

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Started the Bloodborne Remaster just now. Didn’t even know From was releasing this? Holy poo poo the werewolf looks incredible!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

just remembered they drew a muscle-bound james sunderland to promote sh2 and the fandom wikia didn't disappoint

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/playstationsize/status/1583046668588822528

as predicted

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
why is the PS5 install 20 gigs smaller, is that typical

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why is the game bigger in the EU? Do we get more polygons?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Optimised assets due to the fancy SSD

stev posted:

More languages probably so more audio tracks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stev posted:

the game runs at 50hz but 4.5K resolution so it needs better textures

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

stev posted:

EU versions have more languages

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"I just wanted better looking FFVII" you absolute cowards

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Oxxidation posted:

yes because the PS5 has some arcane magic technology called Kraken or something that allows them to massively compress games and then uncompress them far faster than on PS4. Assuming with all the 4K textures and audio it'd be absolutely huge compared to the PS4 version if it wasn't compressed

:edit: also because it's SSD you don't have to duplicate assets all over the hard drive to make them load faster

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

imhotep posted:

the medium is one of like 3 games i can think of that takes inspiration from one of my favorite artists, zdzislaw beksinski, which alone makes me want to play it (the other two being scorn and then returnal to a lesser extent). also btw, i played scorn and it's one of the most like, nihilistic, hosed up, grotesque and relentless games i can think of, and not just in the over the top gory rear end visuals, which are basically just like HR Giger with Beksinski style organic growths over the top of an abandoned giger civilization, i mean the whole story and every single thing about it. i don't think there's even a shred of positivity in the entire game. At most, there's nothing that will make you even half smile, like.. maybe the way a cadaver flops into a hole in a strange way then lands with a weird squelch, but that's it. good game though!

Both A Plague Tale games have some Beksinski influence. In the first game, it was brief, but the painting of the cathedral you posted is straight-up recreated toward the end of the game. The second game has more of that. Dark Souls draws from it too, especially the third one, though somewhat more subtly.

For a game that directly incorporates Beksinski's influence, The Medium was really visually bland most of the time... at least as far as I got in before quitting out of boredom (As I did with Observer and Layers of Fear... those guys are incapable of designing engaging gameplay).

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

bloober team's idea of scary:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I don’t know why but this is my favorite Beksinski painting

The first time I saw it I just stared and stared at it.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

just remembered they drew a muscle-bound james sunderland to promote sh2 and the fandom wikia didn't disappoint

I must know the MGS2 demo secrets

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Medium IS the scariest game I played.

But that's mainly because I first played it on PC, forgot I had a 2nd controller plugged in via USB, and it vibrated off the table and startled me.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Psm owned

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SdiYbSGIQ

:jackbud:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It looks so good!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Yeeaaaaaah lets go loving sick

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks hella cool

The locations seem pretty generic but everything else :eyepop:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Arist posted:

"I just wanted better looking FFVII" you absolute cowards

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Blind Rasputin posted:

Started the Bloodborne Remaster just now. Didn’t even know From was releasing this? Holy poo poo the werewolf looks incredible!

the what

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Blind Rasputin posted:

Better play it quick before Sony takes From to court for infringing on their IP

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

:chloe:

Must remind myself to block this thread at DNS level when this comes out

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Aipsh posted:

Must remind myself to block this thread at DNS level when this comes out

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
Oh so FFXVI is game of thrones with a pinch of Xenogears? Extremely pumped for this game I hope it's long.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks loving unrealllll

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

veni veni veni posted:

I love Death Stranding, but I can't say the story had any emotional impact for me. The dramatic stuff just felt so overwrought and corny tbh.

10000% agree. I was just skippng them at the end. So silly and 2hours long each

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's wild that this game is bigger than MWII (which is taking up 60.55GB on my PS5)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

This is... incoherent

is this turn based as well?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last turned based mainline FF game out about 10 years ago, so no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The last turned based mainline FF game out about 10 years ago, so no
10? try 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was counting from 13 + spin-offs for some reason.......