Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to remove my Prostheticfor my Boyfriend?

This dude obviously has an amputee fetish. The big question though is it only a sex thing or would he get off on her not being able to move well without so he can control her.

The first one might be what she needs if other men have left her because her injury but the second one is a scary red flag.

Either way dating with a serious and obvious injury adds extra levels to the horror that is dating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA For calling my brother pathetic and comparing him to our own deadbeat father?

Tom and I’s

YTA

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

This dude obviously has an amputee fetish. The big question though is it only a sex thing or would he get off on her not being able to move well without so he can control her.

The first one might be what she needs if other men have left her because her injury but the second one is a scary red flag.

Either way dating with a serious and obvious injury adds extra levels to the horror that is dating.

I knew a lady who was blind, and the stories she would tell about various creepers who really enjoyed the fact she couldn't see what they were doing, let alone the dudes who offered to help her when they saw her walking around and would cop a feel, as a whole new horror to being sightless.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to remove my Prosthetic for my Boyfriend?

Dude is obviously an amputee fetishist and she should kick him to the curb with whichever foot will do more damage.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it remains very very strange to me what counts as "obvious" to longterm readers of this thread

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

AITA for air drying pots

quote:

AITA for air drying pots/pans?

When I do dishes like pots, pans, bowls, etc, I tend to leave them on the side of the sink, or for cutting boards/sheet pans etc, leave them behind the sink, overnight to air dry. One of my previous roommates hated this to a scary degree. My mother hates it too and always yells at me, accuses me of 'making her live in filth' etc. My cousin threw my pan out into the yard and left it there overnight in the mud and rain. I don't see how it is a problem, since I never leave them in a place where they would be in anyone's way. And it isn't going to hurt anyone if it sits there for a few hours.

So Reddit, AITA for air dying pots/pans?

Edit: I have stopped doing it because it seems to be so upsetting to them but I want to know if I am crazy thinking it’s not a big deal.

Posting mainly because I had no idea there were people with strong negative opinions about air drying dishes, but based on the thread's past discussions about dishwashers vs hand washing it's possible I will immediately be proven wrong.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

I think she would be happier with a normal guy and not an amputee fetish-haver at all.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What is the point of a dish rack if not to air dry dishes???

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The dishwasher washes the dishes. They stay on the rack until they are air-dry (unless it's winter and cold enough to justify using the heat dryer). Then they go into the cabinets.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't like a bunch of poo poo laying around either

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

AITA for air drying pots

Posting mainly because I had no idea there were people with strong negative opinions about air drying dishes, but based on the thread's past discussions about dishwashers vs hand washing it's possible I will immediately be proven wrong.

I think there are some people who feel like having a dish strainer or drying pots around is too cluttery or it offends their sense of order. I think they are wrong as long as the pots get put away once they are dry and there is room in the strainer, but I think having them out on the countertop is a little much and I’d worry about the water dripping on the countertop instead of the drip pan on the strainer or into the sink. I have always felt air drying gets them dryer than a towel.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Cowslips Warren posted:

laughing, imagining a similar scenario of someone trying to get their partner to stop wearing their glasses or to remove their cochlear implant with the same limp requests like "oh you'll feel so much more comfortable without being able to see" and "if you don't take out your ability to hear, then you plain dont trust me babe"

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah I suppose if she's putting them behind the sink with no drainage they could cause some minor water damage, that would potentially annoy me, although not to the point of throwing a pan in the yard.

Just get a dish rack though, they're like $20. Mine slopes a little so the extra water drains into the sink, it rules.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Air drying uncoated steel pans is a bad idea because it makes them rust faster. But glass/ceramic pots are fine. That said, yes it's clutter.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I guess, but it's such a temporary/clean clutter that I find it hard to be offended by. Pretty much like having clothes out on the line.

TinyPairOfScissors
Oct 7, 2022

by Hand Knit
It depends how much space you've got, if you're air drying stuff in a small kitchen without a ton of counter space then you're an rear end in a top hat, if it's a big space then it's not a big deal.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

AITA for air drying pots

AITA for using a portable battery-powered fan pointed at the rack to dry my dishes
Yes, I really do this. It gets them dry quickest and with least effort. I also sometimes point a fan at my clothes drying rack.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

For some reason her description led me to believe she was propping up the pots and pans so that the interior faced the sink, something I absolutely hate when someone is going to continue using the sink normally while they're there. Splatter happens and then it isn't clean anymore! But if they're facedown in a dish rack or on a towel then the only problem I can see is if counter space is at a premium.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it remains very very strange to me what counts as "obvious" to longterm readers of this thread

I had a good friend in college who was born missing part of her arm. Poor girl spent her life getting creeped on by amputee fetishists, starting well before she graduated high school. Behavior in that post tracks with some of her stories.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Better than when I was a kid, all washed dishes were piled up unrinsed in the second sink and left to dry indefinitely. Sometimes they got put away, but very often we had to dig.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

I had a good friend in college who was born missing part of her arm. Poor girl spent her life getting creeped on by amputee fetishists, starting well before she graduated high school. Behavior in that post tracks with some of her stories.

I'll never not believe when a woman has some kind of physical or visible 'issue' there isn't a dedicated community of creepy weirdos that have been chatting them up over it their entire lives.

Like female little people, aside from a whole host of issues in general must get some truly loving bizarre dudes hitting on them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

I'll never not believe when a woman has some kind of physical or visible 'issue' there isn't a dedicated community of creepy weirdos that have been chatting them up over it their entire lives.

I’m fat and it’s literally anything that deviates from generic white girl turns into weird fetishizing communities that know little of social tact. Hell, even loving redheads get it!

Starting to think we look at sexuality and desire all hosed as humans! Better shame and repress it down

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Born to gently caress, world is a gently caress

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Soylent Pudding posted:

My wife has an ostomy now due to cancer and there is a shocking amount of super creepy posts on the ostomy support forum on Reddit. It's very gross

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

B-Rock452 posted:

My wife has an ostomy now due to cancer and there is a shocking amount of super creepy posts on the ostomy support forum on Reddit. It's very gross

I’m not surprised by this, but I am horrified.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

What's a prostheticfor?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Nebrilos posted:

What's a prostheticfor?

missinglimbs

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Nebrilos posted:

What's a prostheticfor?

Not much, what's prostheticfor with you?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Nebrilos posted:

What's a prostheticfor?

hiding the goods, apparently

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

therobit posted:

How often do you think the stepdad wants to look into man child’s room, and how often do you think man child’s waifu gets washed? Because I am willing to bet that “very rarely” is the answer to both. And it is always OK to throw out weird gross anime sex poo poo. Automatic moral high ground.

Stepdad is probably just mad he had to thwack the pillowcase against the washing machine a few times before it broke up enough to fit in the washing machine.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

RocketMermaid posted:

Stepdad is probably just mad he had to thwack the pillowcase against the washing machine a few times before it broke up enough to fit in the washing machine.

and being so worn down and used it probably would make a great rag.i know ive always got my eyes peeled for worn and damaged garments. its also a way to give the fabric its confidence back. "hey, youre a lousy shirt, but trust me, youll make a great rag!" i notice them perk up immediately after a pep talk.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
I think someone else might have noticed this, but there's no dish rack, OP is presumably washing dishes and setting them next to the sink to 'dry'. Everywhere I've lived, that's where dirty dishes go. So people who live with them are getting rightfully pissed that they can't be sure what's clean or dirty. Also if you wash something that can't properly drain, it ain't gonna dry very quickly, because you've got a ton more water sitting in there.

Verdict: Death by guillotine.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Don’t a lot of people put pots and pans on the stove to dry? Big flat surface. Better be clean.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hughlander posted:

Don’t a lot of people put pots and pans on the stove to dry? Big flat surface. Better be clean.

I usually clean the stovetop first just so I can put big pots on it to dry

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cowslips Warren posted:

He wants to imagine her in an rear end-kicking contest

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

erosion posted:

I think someone else might have noticed this, but there's no dish rack, OP is presumably washing dishes and setting them next to the sink to 'dry'. Everywhere I've lived, that's where dirty dishes go. So people who live with them are getting rightfully pissed that they can't be sure what's clean or dirty. Also if you wash something that can't properly drain, it ain't gonna dry very quickly, because you've got a ton more water sitting in there.

get some loving order in your life my cousin. if it's on the left side of the sink it's dirty if it's on the right side of the sink it's clean voila fuckin presto

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

erosion posted:

Guillotine for someone too poor to buy a dish rack? Is that not a little anti-revolutionary?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I'm beginning to think tea towels are an Australian thing from all the air drying dishes in this thread.

Or are you legally restricted to one per household in other countries, and you're trying to maintain minimal dampness?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Elissimpark posted:

I'm beginning to think tea towels are an Australian thing from all the air drying dishes in this thread.

Or are you legally restricted to one per household in other countries, and you're trying to maintain minimal dampness?

Nah, dish towels are plenty common as far as I know. The towel + dish drainer combo seems like the best option for handwashing, I don't know why everyone's silent on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
seems like the towel would get soaked p quick 'cuz my hands are all wet too. idk, the rack seems to do fine on its own :shrug: