Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

final fantasy games are bad

the silent hill 2 remake will be good

i'm buying arkham knights* despite consensus bc a buddy of mine is excited about it and it's an excuse for us to play a coop game

* on disc bc i will 100% be trading it in as soon as we're done or as soon as, like, three weeks goes by if we don't stay consistent. THIS is the reason i got a disc ps5 despite buying every other game digitally. finally paid off!!

e: :synpa: love to start a new page with bad opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The TLOU TV show is secretly the Bloodborne TV show. At the end of the third episode Joel and Ellie get eaten by werewolves

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

roomtone posted:

yeah you're right the re2 remake was just a huge waste of time and the reason people don't debate it forever is because well, it's just boring, not because it was a satisfying 8-10 hours that had it's time and place and brought the atmosphere of re2 into the future in a fun way. they should have inserted an additional interdimensional umbrella conspiracy from the movies and revealed this was the second 1998, not the first, to give it that extra pop and potential for more sequels.

lol you are a humongous bitch

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Dewgy posted:

lol you are a humongous bitch

is it bc the poster you quoted is taking shots at ff7 remake?

bc if so, they're right. ff7 remake is an embarrassment, just like your stomp-my-feet response lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's also funny to use RE as an example of not messing up lore when my cursory study of RE lore is that everyone may or may not retroactively be mold men and there are multiple prequels that change everyone's personality or something, like it's totally incomprehensible lol

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ShoogaSlim posted:

is it bc the poster you quoted is taking shots at ff7 remake?

bc if so, they're right. ff7 remake is an embarrassment, just like your stomp-my-feet response lol

No it’s because nobody was talking about RE2, and the post I quoted was just foot stomping about how nobody complained about it for…look I don’t even know what the point of that post was lmao

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:ck5:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

roomtone posted:

it is a strong word and i agree that there are parts of the game which are actually pretty loving cool like the minute to minute stuff in the shinra escape section, but every single moment in the game that would be cool is undercut by either dragging it out, walking it back, or inserting some convoluted horseshit that says nothing and usually it's all three of those things at once.

i don't think i've ever had as negative a reaction as i did to the ending of that game. usually i'm just like lol jesus christ that went bad, but i was sitting there going....they completely hosed this up. how did they gently caress this up so badly. and then i started thinking about all the signs through the game, like tifa constantly doing 'look at my tits' animations, barret's VA direction, the entire wall market section (the actual dance scene was kinda cool but the hours surrounding it were just pure death), and the general lack of interest shown in developing midgar which they'd decided to reduce the game down to in order to make more money. sephiroth is in his head every 30 minutes now!!!! please keep playing! it's just...trash.

of course some people are gonna disagree with all of that and say no it owns with no examples of why or bad examples of why the worst parts were actually amazing, and that's fine. the audience has sacrificed the people in their early 30's who loved ffvii as a kid and wanted a more developed adult version of that for the bozos. probably will make em plenty of money. i won't be there for the rest.

I liked it better when you had a snake tits av so I knew to just skip your posts

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Sakurazuka posted:

The last turned based mainline FF game out about 10 years ago, so no

drat I was playing FF7R ALL WRONG

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 hours!)

lol it's fine. i just hate ffvii remake. i've got my reasons. points made, everyone likes it, who cares.

fridge corn posted:

I liked it better when you had a snake tits av so I knew to just skip your posts

although this part, that was bought for me by a now banned mod because he thought i made a funny post one time. i don't endorse snake tits.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every game ever is turn based if you want, the turn order is just variable

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

How do you feel about Dirge of Cerberus though

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
do you want rants

cause this is how you get rants

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I simply will not buy or play games that I do not think I will enjoy :shrug:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

What wqs this, its been deleted

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
This is gonna get us some takes lol

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1583116076824629249?t=ScHckbU7yOzhM6v5kZzf6g&s=19

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sony tweeted a close up of the Bloodborne box art and said "can you tell what game we're zooming in on," then deleted it shortly after.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol so I guess the story is that @Sony has been tweeting closeups of game covers like this just for fun:

https://twitter.com/Sony/status/1579907195353071616

And today some poor soul did that with Bloodborne and didn't realize they were stepping on a landmine. Oop's

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Another epic western AAA fail.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony paying off the CMA to get @PSArmy4Lyf's takes.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

acksplode posted:

Lol so I guess the story is that @Sony has been tweeting closeups of game covers like this just for fun:

https://twitter.com/Sony/status/1579907195353071616

And today some poor soul did that with Bloodborne and didn't realize they were stepping on a landmine. Oop's

its very stupid

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

PS5 owns. I want to never stop playing it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Remake being a totally different game and actually a sequel

Wait, what?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ineffiable posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ineffiable posted:

Innnnnnnsssanlely this

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

haveblue posted:

The TLOU TV show is secretly the Bloodborne TV show. At the end of the third episode Joel and Ellie get eaten by werewolves

you joke but I would love a Bloodborne TV show. I'm a sucker for cosmic horror

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Papercut posted:

Wait, what?

Have you played it?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Papercut posted:

Wait, what?

If you wanna play it unspoiled just play it otherwise the ending goes totally off the rails and you end up moving the game into a different timeline instead of just following the plot of the original

There are things throughout that kind of hint at this so it’s not just out of left field.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Dewgy posted:

look I don’t even know what the point of that post was lmao

tbh i tell myself the same thing every time i hit the submit button

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you wanna play it unspoiled just play it otherwise the ending goes totally off the rails and you end up moving the game into a different timeline instead of just following the plot of the original

There are things throughout that kind of hint at this so it’s not just out of left field.

Oh I guess I don't remember the original FF7 well enough to have realized that. I played it once when it came out in high school and never again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ShoogaSlim posted:

final fantasy games are bad

the silent hill 2 remake will be good

i'm buying arkham knights* despite consensus bc a buddy of mine is excited about it and it's an excuse for us to play a coop game

* on disc bc i will 100% be trading it in as soon as we're done or as soon as, like, three weeks goes by if we don't stay consistent. THIS is the reason i got a disc ps5 despite buying every other game digitally. finally paid off!!

e: :synpa: love to start a new page with bad opinions

living up to that red text I see

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

CMA confirmed as an organisation of masochists.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

In a stroke of fortune RE3make is on sale just as I'm on the cusp of finishing RE2make... am I a horror guy now?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

roomtone posted:

it's a general demarcation. i'm far from the only one who had this reaction. i made the mistake of posting my thoughts in the FF thread and thought i actually was just a crazy negative goblin, but i looked outside of that and realised no, it did suck, really bad. and i need to not pay attention to this thing anymore.

no you were right the first time
congrats on finding a community of other crazy negative goblin people with receding hairlines that will support you tho

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Platinumed Forbidden West, why are the devs obsessed with Hunting Grounds challenges, taking away your options and forcing you to do it one specific way is like the antithesis of the entire games ethos

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 20, 2022

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Wolfsheim posted:

In a stroke of fortune RE3make is on sale just as I'm on the cusp of finishing RE2make... am I a horror guy now?

under a tenner? don't mind if i do

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

THIS is the reason i got a disc ps5 despite buying every other game digitally. finally paid off!!

get you a public library that lends games + disc PS5 -> almost every game is free, buy DLC for the good ones.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i just buy all my games and then keep them all because i can't bear to lose any from my collection with one exception i can think of - The Order: 1886, a game so numb and bland that I just put it in the bin rather than keep it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

why is the PS5 install 20 gigs smaller, is that typical

PS5 games have more compressed files than PS4 ones. Compression lowers the file size but compressed files take longer to load since they need to be decompressed before being used. Since SSDs are way faster than HDDs, devs can compress their files more without load times getting out of control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 hours!)

Augus posted:

no you were right the first time
congrats on finding a community of other crazy negative goblin people with receding hairlines that will support you tho

so bizarrely hostile against me when we were talking about a video game