Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

redleader posted:

hexia really shuts down my blow-off-steam team of all blue on easy/medium. is there anything you can do vs hexia with this combo?

Getting dodge on your bottom hero works well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The Baron is by far the easiest of the bosses ime. Almost any gimmick works against him unless you have an awful curse, he just produces so much mama for you. Vulnerable is a particularly easy one.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I'm guessing getting the thimble on the bottom hero would also prevent mana burn damage as it prevents all damage during your turn.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tafferling posted:

4 wisps and 2 demons on floor 19 with the Pristine modifier.
So many bones. Some combinations seem unwinnable. And it was just Hard!

Unless tann changed it, the floor difficulty (as in, how the game decides which combination of enemies to spawn) is constant between all difficulties and probably modes. It's just the interaction of curses and blessings that influences the difficulty

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
For Hexia you want any of:
Chronos/Weaver (dodge)
Thimble (immunity)
Boots of Speed/Cloak (item based dodge, although Cloak isn't ideal)
Warlock (just nuke her with Blaze)
Valkyrie (Undying)
Forsaken (Bind/resurrect)
Witch (1 mana to 2 healing means you can top up the blue if you have tons of mana)
Or just sufficient offense and defense from your other guys that you can beat her down. Remember ranged sides don't trigger mirror.
e: I saw you wanted an all blue team - above still mostly applies, I tend to like doing 4 blue and 1 red, still all the mana spam, but some utility.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Field Mousepad posted:

Legit the best mobile game I've played.

Another one who hasn't played Night of the Full Moon? Not going to poo poo talk Tann in his own thread (much), but that game is amazing. It started out as a Chinese knockoff of Dream Quest, but has since added an insane amount of content including what amounts to two complete additional games.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Is generate supposed to be extra-hard? I tried playing on easy just for the cheevo, but the dice I got are such trash that I died on like level 5

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Miftan posted:

Unless tann changed it, the floor difficulty (as in, how the game decides which combination of enemies to spawn) is constant between all difficulties and probably modes. It's just the interaction of curses and blessings that influences the difficulty

Yeah, it's just that summons are particularly prone to getting out of control with any amount of dice augmentation and with pristine it meant I couldn't vaporize anyone on turn one because it meant ridiculous things like a 4 imp summoning and 8 pain on my damage dealer next turn.
And the next turn the 2 imps and 2 bones that spawned anyway have to be de-Pristined because an imp got a summon 2 bones dice and oh god it hurt.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

distortion park posted:

The Baron is by far the easiest of the bosses ime. Almost any gimmick works against him unless you have an awful curse, he just produces so much mama for you. Vulnerable is a particularly easy one.

He absolutely murdered me that time I said "There's no way a random curse could be worse than these two options" and the game put a cool down on Burst.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

grate deceiver posted:

Is generate supposed to be extra-hard? I tried playing on easy just for the cheevo, but the dice I got are such trash that I died on like level 5

I found generate to not be too bad. It's a neat mode. Blursed is probably my favourite at the moment

Half of Dracula posted:

love the phrasing here to avoid getting updogged

It took me a minute to rewrite it so I wouldn't get trapped

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Blursed is the real deal. I love how crazy it gets.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

A lot of people love blursed, I haven't actually played it myself haha! Maybe I'll give it a try and add a leaderboard for it.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I submitted a bug report last night. But this has more space for me to write what happened. Then the bug report did. I was playing blursed because it's the best game mode. And I was coming up on the Three sisters and I had to pick an item. I didn't like either the items, so I did random and an item popped up for me accept. My phone went to screensaver mode because I was doing something else at the time. And I double tapped to bring the screen back up and it showed a different item then it had given me or was even in the two options. So I thought "hey that's neat. I'll keep doing this until it gives me an item I want." So let my screen go into screensaver mode. Tap the screen and it came back the same item. Tried it again. Did the same thing so oh well can't exploit that. So I click accept on the item. And continue in the screen scrolls over to the three sisters and no dice roll. I tried closing it and opening it. Same screen. I shut my phone down. Started up the game. Clicked on continue stage 8 or whatever, scrolls over to the girls. I hit continue. No dice roll, just the screen with me and them sitting there in the three menu options at the top. I started blursed over and it seems to be working fine.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ebola Dog posted:

I'm guessing getting the thimble on the bottom hero would also prevent mana burn damage as it prevents all damage during your turn.

Literally my only hard win so far. Also adding Era to all the wizards other sides meant my wizard was doing like 10damage sword attacks on Hexia and the Demons they summon. Everyone else was playing defensive and killing imps/bones.

Also whats the difference between Blursed and Cursed? I'm doing my first cursed run now.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Cursed starts you off with a curse, adds another curse after each boss, and gives you a blessing after every loop.

Blursed starts you off with blessings instead but is otherwise the same. Accumulating multiple blessings is a big part of the fun of the mode, so getting a head start on that is why I like it.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Overwhelmingly excited to pair this with urn. Enduring is one of the most fun keywords but you just don't see it very often.

There are a lot of keywords that feel pretty rare -- I don't think echo or invigorate exist outside of the level 9/10 items that grant them.

Has anyone gotten good use out of Lich's tome? The downside seems brutal and there's no way to get around it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Its not bad if you can get a shrink blessing because 2hp bones are easy to deal with. Otherwise, no idea

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

RodShaft posted:

I submitted a bug report last night.
Thanks for the detailed report, I'll see if I can replicate it.

RoboCicero posted:

Overwhelmingly excited to pair this with urn.
Urn was the inspiration actually! Though the synergy is very complicated and I can't guess what will happen before I equip them haha.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Tann posted:

Thanks for the detailed report, I'll see if I can replicate it.

Urn was the inspiration actually! Though the synergy is very complicated and I can't guess what will happen before I equip them haha.

My assumption would be that all the rotated sides become the urn side.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

RoboCicero posted:

Has anyone gotten good use out of Lich's tome? The downside seems brutal and there's no way to get around it.

Slaan posted:

Its not bad if you can get a shrink blessing because 2hp bones are easy to deal with. Otherwise, no idea

This with a cantrip character that does a fair amount of damage will roll through enemies. It's a good time.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
-2 hp + bone math + the curse that spawns bones on death. :getin:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RoboCicero posted:

Overwhelmingly excited to pair this with urn. Enduring is one of the most fun keywords but you just don't see it very often.

There are a lot of keywords that feel pretty rare -- I don't think echo or invigorate exist outside of the level 9/10 items that grant them.

I had some fun pairing it with Iron Heart; it's not a combo I want to carry through to the final boss, but I effectively tripled a character's sides in exchange for only acting (and summoning a bones) every other turn.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm trying to do the Custom Party 3x challenge, and I think I ruined it by picking the Twin lol. I did 3 gray and 2 orange but didn't get credit for the challenge when I won because (I assume) I now had 4 grays.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Am I just screwed here if I can't force him to run away?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Haha, unbeatable curse combination? Or is this the old version? Looks like you are screwed. There's a flee option (it's the same as losing normally)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

...how did you even end up in that situation?

Anyways, you're definitely screwed if you can't make him run away, hope you have some vitality sides

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don't think this counts as a bug but if you have two mages with a single cast spell (hello Glacia) you only get one cast of it rather than one per mage.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's 2.0 -- I think my curses were the one that adds the Refractive HP and then maybe the monster HP boost one? Thought it would be easy with my all-blue party lol :cry:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

goferchan posted:

That's 2.0 -- I think my curses were the one that adds the Refractive HP and then maybe the monster HP boost one? Thought it would be easy with my all-blue party lol :cry:

The beta versions are 2.0.0-beta and 2.0.2-beta, and then the release version is 2.0.0/2.0.1

In the release version, quartz don't have immunity to spells.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 19, 2022

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
FYI, if you see another spike in sales, ol' Angory Tom did another video on the game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAR8mFke3A&t=952s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dr. Stab posted:

The beta versions are 2.0.0-beta and 2.0.2-beta, and then the release version is 2.0.0/2.0.1

In the release version, quartz don't have immunity to spells.

Huh, I thought the in-game indicator was telling me I was up-to-date. I'll double check, thanks

edit: Yeah, the button was telling me I was on 2.0 and up to date, but I just redownloaded from itch and now I see a language button that didn't appear before so it appears I didn't have the latest version

goferchan fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 20, 2022

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to spend too much time in the thread yet as I start discovering stuff on my own, but I downloaded the demo for this and Marvel Snap two days ago, and last night I deleted Snap and bought this.

This is EXACTLY the kind of game I think we all hoped mobile gaming would grow into back in the early days, instead of what it eventually became. Happy to support designers doing this kind of work

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just got the most disgusting combo. The item that makes top and bottom charged but single use, the item that duplicates top onto other heroes and the artificer, who has a base 4 mana gain single use side as his top and bottom. Plus I had the blessings that allowed me to start at 3 mana.

Over a hundred mana. Basically an absolute insta win side except against Hexia and hell even against her I'm pretty sure the party had enough total HP to Burst through her before they died.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

RoboCicero posted:

If you get a rampage side with at least 4 damage you can slowly kill anything in one turn by hitting the bones that spawn over and over again.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I just got the blessing that gives Cruel to Burst and the fact that it works on shielding party members at half health is rad and came as a surprise.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Cruel always works with shields and heals on party members under half hp. There's a tier 6 item that gives you cruel on two sides which is great on certain grey/red heroes.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Alright it's another unfair win! This brings my win rate up to a respectable 10%! :v:

For curses, I really like Monster Left +5. It's a fun curse where it usually does absolutely nothing but if enough monsters roll the left side it can completely brick your run; whenever I got unlucky I was typically able to tank the damage or kill the offending monster, so it turned out alright. Mortal+ is practically free, if you're not completely busted you rarely ever hit it, and Bottom Poison is easy enough to deal with (though it did make me slam pick a monk just for the cleanse).

For heroes, this ended up being a really good set. Everything felt like it combo'd into each other: the wax seal on Sharpshooter meant he would deal 5 damage, which would let the Chronos get 5 mana with Echo, which gave the Poet's charged side +5, which means he can grant 7 damage to the Curator (and himself, incidentally) for his steel side. Admittedly a complicated combo that I only got off once, but all the individual pieces are strong enough that I still had good turns anyway. The Forsaken wasn't really a part of that combo but is an absolutely phenomenal healer, letting me tank many attacks I wouldn't be able to otherwise (including when the Dragon rolled a 10 damage fireball).

Oh and uh, Burning Halo is nice. Usually wasn't much but had one fight where I managed to get 3 saves with the Poet in one turn and completely wiped out all the snipers I was facing.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Managed to beat unfair with 5x blue for the achievement. Took 10 tries before I managed it. Went with the +1 to enemy sides on first turn, last hp has to be removed individually and cannot reroll more than 2 dice at a time curses.

Hard work but at the end I had two artificers, one with triple shuriken which meant as long as I used a side from the other I got double pips. That and on a sorcerer I the item that gives two mana sides to the two right sides and the item that gives all mana sides era.

Of course I got Hexia as the boss and didn't have many ways to avoid the mana burn but just about got through their hp before all my heroes died.

Either way I don't think I'll be doing unfair again for a while!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I got to hexia on classic unfair, and got her down, and died to the remaining imps and skeletons and demon she summoned. That Venom orange is nuts, especially with a shuriken to do it twice.