Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Me: "I see a car on your online inventory, stock number XXXXX, is it still available?"

Dealer: "It sure is! Oh, that listing wasn't supposed to go up until tomorrow, so it doesn't reflect the $2k markup."

:fuckoff:

From what I can tell, online inventory listings are all lies, though the specific lie may be different. Either the car doesn't exist or the price isn't accurate at all. I actually thought this price might have been accurate since it included accessories they make you buy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Wayne Knight posted:

From what I can tell, online inventory listings are all lies, though the specific lie may be different. Either the car doesn't exist or the price isn't accurate at all. I actually thought this price might have been accurate since it included accessories they make you buy with it.

It's loving bullshit and I wish they'd knock that poo poo off, it's a ploy to get people in the door and have them order an EV, and it's completely loving broken all the new car web search sites. It's scammy as hell.

Darchangel posted:

Confirmed that I do fit in the Mustang Mach E and the two Bolts, which is nice. The F-150 Lightning is a nice truck -

That's a big upside to the Bolt for me, telescoping steering wheel, fits my enormous 6'4 275 rear end pretty decent, dead peddle is big enough to fit my size 14 in a work boot.

Speaking of Bolts! Took mine out for it's first road trip! About 350 miles total, charged once, but from 20%-90% because climbing mountains at 80mph is bad for the ol' range. 50kw charging sucks, this car would be so much better if it could hit 120+, made it a non- issue by having dinner while it charged.

Did great, ACC is awesome, lots of freeway power and torque for over taking.

AA likes to mute my phone or switch to carplay for no reason exactly once per drive, easy fix.

There were some curvy mountain roads that would have been very fun to drive in a spirited manner, and if that's what you want, uh, don't buy a Bolt. It is not a sporty handling vehicle.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Elviscat posted:

It's loving bullshit and I wish they'd knock that poo poo off, it's a ploy to get people in the door and have them order an EV, and it's completely loving broken all the new car web search sites. It's scammy as hell.

That's a big upside to the Bolt for me, telescoping steering wheel, fits my enormous 6'4 275 rear end pretty decent, dead peddle is big enough to fit my size 14 in a work boot.

Speaking of Bolts! Took mine out for it's first road trip! About 350 miles total, charged once, but from 20%-90% because climbing mountains at 80mph is bad for the ol' range. 50kw charging sucks, this car would be so much better if it could hit 120+, made it a non- issue by having dinner while it charged.

Did great, ACC is awesome, lots of freeway power and torque for over taking.

AA likes to mute my phone or switch to carplay for no reason exactly once per drive, easy fix.

There were some curvy mountain roads that would have been very fun to drive in a spirited manner, and if that's what you want, uh, don't buy a Bolt. It is not a sporty handling vehicle.

Nice - did you sell your leaf?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Elviscat posted:

50kw charging sucks

:hai:

It's not blue, but that's still a pretty color.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Bone Crimes posted:

Nice - did you sell your leaf?

Nope! I commute to work in the Leaf and my girlfriend stole my Bolt (until she gets her ID.4)

cruft posted:

:hai:

It's not blue, but that's still a pretty color.

The Bolt has a really cool metallic ice blue color, but I really like the red, I picked it out of a lot of like 20 quarantined Bolts back in February 50% because of features, 50% because the red looks good on it.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Finally got the quote for the steering replacement for the Spark EV. $2662.

I'm about to sell it or trade it in so I don't need the labor warranty. Should I do the fix or try and sell it to someone at a lower price with the issue disclosed.
Most of this is labor costs, so I'm sure someone out there might be able to DIY it and save a couple bucks.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You’re having PepBoys do this work?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

if OPs about to flip it why not

thats a hell of a door rate for pep boys tho

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ford finally emailed me saying it's time to order the Lightning I reserved on day one. The model I want is $9k more than originally priced, and it's no longer eligible for the tax credit so it's effectively $16.5k more. gently caress that.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ford finally emailed me saying it's time to order the Lightning I reserved on day one. The model I want is $9k more than originally priced, and it's no longer eligible for the tax credit so it's effectively $16.5k more. gently caress that.

You can still turn around and resell it for 20K more. Check the local listings to see what they're going for.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Just got notice that I can take delivery of my EV6 in november of this year instead of september next year. Which would be great news if I hadn't just bought a car to tide me over till september next year....

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Shai-Hulud posted:

Just got notice that I can take delivery of my EV6 in november of this year instead of september next year. Which would be great news if I hadn't just bought a car to tide me over till september next year....

I think this was a Twilight Zone episode

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Wayne Knight posted:

Finally got the quote for the steering replacement for the Spark EV. $2662.

I'm about to sell it or trade it in so I don't need the labor warranty. Should I do the fix or try and sell it to someone at a lower price with the issue disclosed.
Most of this is labor costs, so I'm sure someone out there might be able to DIY it and save a couple bucks.

Can you not fix it and just sell it to like Carvana/Driveway/Carmax etc.?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

Naw, you're thinking of the gift of the magi.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Tom Guycot posted:

I'm getting my big expensive electric vehicle way sooner than expected! I'm literally in hell!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shai-Hulud posted:

lol owned!

Just re-sell it to some poor bastard who still thinks their car is coming next November

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You should buy the EV6 it’s a pretty neat car, in my unbiased opinion.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I took it to them when I thought it was a loose wheel. They changed the tires last.

Russian Bear posted:

Can you not fix it and just sell it to like Carvana/Driveway/Carmax etc.?

Not with this damned conscience. Also, we need a safe car to drive until I can get us in an EUV.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You’d only be taking money out of a VC firm’s pocket so I think you’d be able to sleep at night.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It's more knowing that they won't do anything more than give it a rinse and send it along to someone else. I don't want that someone else to suddenly lose the ability to steer while driving.

Also, need a replacement car first, and need to be able to drive it safely until then.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The last time we test drove a car at CarMax it had completely the wrong wheels on it and they rubbed so bad we thought the car broke and caught on fire during our drive

Also the trunk popped itself open

What I’m saying is you wouldn’t be the first

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Shai-Hulud posted:

I'm getting my big expensive electric vehicle way sooner than expected! I'm literally in hell!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I bought a Jetta off craigslist from a guy when I was in my 20s and it ended up being a lemon. After a few months it started having issues with the automatic transmission and wouldn't get from 3rd to 4th. I took it to the shop I trust and the guy said "I recommend you take this right to CarMax before the check engine light comes on since they won't do anything except take it around the block and won't get that fast to notice". Sure enough they didn't notice and gave me an offer that was more than adequate for a VW with a totaled tranny

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

You're gonna drive a Lightning F-150 and crap thunder!

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Tesla is letting owners vote on where they would like new supercharger locations. https://www.tesla.com/supercharger-voting/overview There's a set of current proposed locations you can vote for, and you can also suggest locations for the next round. Looks like they plan to revise it quarterly, seems like a good way to gauge interest in where people want to go but can't due to the current network.

Edit: Could also be used to entice property owners to allow superchargers on their property. "Would you like to attract a couple thousand extra customers to your business?"

borkencode fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 21, 2022

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

borkencode posted:

Tesla is letting owners vote on where they would like new supercharger locations. https://www.tesla.com/supercharger-voting/overview There's a set of current proposed locations you can vote for, and you can also suggest locations for the next round. Looks like they plan to revise it quarterly, seems like a good way to gauge interest in where people want to go but can't due to the current network.

Edit: Could also be used to entice property owners to allow superchargers on their property. "Would you like to attract a couple thousand extra customers to your business?"

Roswell, eh?

Can't say as I've ever wanted to charge in Roswell.

Aaaand that's it for my state!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I want to vote for them to build this one which has been "coming soon" since 2018. Why can't I do that :mad:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I bought a Jetta off craigslist from a guy when I was in my 20s and it ended up being a lemon. After a few months it started having issues with the automatic transmission and wouldn't get from 3rd to 4th. I took it to the shop I trust and the guy said "I recommend you take this right to CarMax before the check engine light comes on since they won't do anything except take it around the block and won't get that fast to notice". Sure enough they didn't notice and gave me an offer that was more than adequate for a VW with a totaled tranny

Yep. This is the best use of CarMax etc.

They gave me a very good price for my ATS that needed a rear diff. CEL wasn't on and they didn't note anything wrong with the diff on the inspection report despite it being loud. More than I would have made had I fixed it then sold private party.

If you feel bad about it consider the fact that they're definitely part of the reason the used car market is as bad as it is.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 21, 2022

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

I want to vote for them to build this one which has been "coming soon" since 2018. Why can't I do that :mad:

That's a long time for a coming soon. I'm pretty sure they've pulled spots off the map when deals have fell through or plans changed, so that it's still there might be a good sign? There was a leak a couple weeks back that had addresses for a lot of planned chargers. (https://driveteslacanada.ca/supercharger/complete-list-of-coming-soon-tesla-supercharger-addresses-in-the-united-states/) It's on the list, but no address though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

When the sun is out the glitter really shows up on my Bolt’s paint job :3:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Anyone sell an EV to Carvana? I'm curious at how they feel about getting the 120 charger from my car? Mach-E arrives in hopefully the next couple of days. Loan is finalized, Ford protected the 2.49% rate, starting to get really excited.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jesus christ quit trying to screw the next buyer of your car out of the charger just so you can sell it on eBay for $65.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Jesus christ quit trying to screw the next buyer of your car out of the charger just so you can sell it on eBay for $65.

Exactly this, removing the charger would be a really dick move.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
In my defense, it's not the one that came with the car, the one that came with the car broke and I bought a new one.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Three Olives posted:

In my defense, it's not the one that came with the car, the one that came with the car broke and I bought a new one.

I too strip all the replacement parts from my vehicles before I sell them.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Three Olives posted:

That's a poo poo defence.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Don't forget to remove the tires!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

And drain all the electricity.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I sold my gen I Volt to Carvana, and if I hadn’t specifically pointed it out I don’t think they would have even looked. Their pre purchase inspection is uhhh… Cursory…

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Welp, that was fast. Gonna trade in the Spark EV for a Bolt EUV on Sunday. Had to compromise on the color (Gray Ghost Metallic, wanted black or red). Of course I'll post pictures when/if it happens.

EDIT: Let the shenanigans begin! As soon as they process the deposit I get a call that they haven't done the battery recall yet. We were gonna sign and pick it up Sunday, but it might not be ready until Wednesday.
Could be an honest mistake, but I'm on high alert for bullshit.

Wayne Knight fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 22, 2022