Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Trying posted:

They gotta do all of Star Trek over again because they didn't walk. What's the show even called, dambasses?!

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Walk faster. Faster!"
"I'm walking as fast as I can, Captain!"
"Enemy has increased pace to match."
"Ensign, image over shoulder."
"Image over shoulder now, Captain."
"My God. Look at them. Their legs--"
"Longer than ours, Captain, and seemingly inexhaustible. They could follow us indefinitely."
"Why the game of cat and mouse, then? Why not simply get it over with?"

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Like the flintstones car but it's the enterprise and they can breathe and walk around in space.

God this is so good. Like poetry.

edit:

Hailing is just shouting through a megaphone.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 19, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Borg show up as a bunch of young white people in one of those pedal-pubs, all drinking PBRs. "Resistance is futile, guys. Your cultures will adapt to service our own."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The show gets localised in New Zealand to Star Tramp.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm on the last season of Voyager and Neelix just bunked up with Tuvok because mysterious Klingons showed up. Its great.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Hollismason posted:

I'm on the last season of Voyager and Neelix just bunked up with Tuvok because mysterious Klingons showed up. Its great.

Just wait.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I was never big into Star Trek, other than catching a few episodes of TNG as a kid and then later on some of the new movies. Oh well, and later on Discovery and the new one.

Girlfriend made me start watching an entire watch list with the good episodes for all the series. Starting with The Cage. Made it all the way to the time traveling whale. Now we're into the second season of Enterprise. It loving rocks. Enterprise is so weird in that everyone talks like a hilly billy and the show is corny AF, but it just rocks regardless.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The main problem with ENT is that it gets better on S3, and much, much better on S4.

ENT is better than most people give it credit for. However, being salty about spending the first two seasons recycling old VOY/TNG/DS9 episodes or doing constant "shuttle is stranded" or "Bridge crew member is captured" -episodes instead of being interesting is something I can definitely agree on, I also first watched during the COVID-19 lockdown.

Especially considering that we know what the new showrunner had cooked up for S5 that never happened, and for example how Mayweather as a character was botched from the beginning by going with an eyecandy that had questionable acting skills, instead of using the original concept that was seasoned space trucker veteran who had a clue about what goes on in the local clusters.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If he was eye candy why did they never put him in the erotic decon lube chamber? No wonder it got cancelled.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
ENT is only good in retrospect imo, as the last star trek to really do a trek thing until SNW.

at the time I barely could keep track of season 3 and the finale completely destroyed my interest in watching season 4; I never watched it until 15 years later.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It's because of disco and picard. People look back and realize enterprise is good like we'll look back on the 2020s and wish life could be that pleasant again.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

In much the same way microwaved leftovers were disappointing but in retrospect preferable to eating your own leg

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Endless Trash posted:

In much the same way microwaved leftovers were disappointing but in retrospect preferable to eating your own leg

Double checked and it was added with the master trials DLC

Edit: wrong thread but this is amusing so I will keep it

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Yes, ENT is gaining places simply by being "not as bad as some of the new ones".

But considering ENT as itself, the first two seasons are just too filled up with boring rehashes of stories already told, and more stupidly, stories already told by the show itself. For example, maybe Archer should stop leaving the ship since he always is captured. The forced-upon-by-executives temporal war plot didn't help, since it didn't really go anywhere and Daniels was terrible at his job.

The last season is a testament to the dullness; "this is fun and interesting, why wasn't it like this on the first 50+ episodes?"

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

External Organs posted:

Double checked and it was added with the master trials DLC

Edit: wrong thread but this is amusing so I will keep it

Master Trials DLC Notes:

- Eating your own legs now offers a temporary stamina boost

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Der Kyhe posted:

Yes, ENT is gaining places simply by being "not as bad as some of the new ones".

But considering ENT as itself, the first two seasons are just too filled up with boring rehashes of stories already told, and more stupidly, stories already told by the show itself. For example, maybe Archer should stop leaving the ship since he always is captured. The forced-upon-by-executives temporal war plot didn't help, since it didn't really go anywhere and Daniels was terrible at his job.

The last season is a testament to the dullness; "this is fun and interesting, why wasn't it like this on the first 50+ episodes?"

Some of us still haven't seen most of ToS so they don't always look like rehashes. vOv

And of course Daniels is bad at his job. It's very rare that some Other Starfleet Officer is competent. Most of the plots are cleaning up after the mess of some admiral or something.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Some of us still haven't seen most of ToS so they don't always look like rehashes. vOv

And of course Daniels is bad at his job. It's very rare that some Other Starfleet Officer is competent. Most of the plots are cleaning up after the mess of some admiral or something.

Star Trek: Terms of Service

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
ENT was a bunch of dumbass American tourists flying around mashing their dicks into other people's business

Wasn't into it then or now

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Tighclops posted:

ENT was a bunch of dumbass American tourists flying around mashing their dicks into other people's business

Wasn't into it then or now

You could probably get the real good stuff with a Shran supercut on YouTube

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Howdy pardner

Now I'm not one of these hifalutin' big city vulcan captains but I reckon y'all are very interested in my human pep talks

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Endless Trash posted:

If he was eye candy why did they never put him in the erotic decon lube chamber? No wonder it got cancelled.

That would have entailed using him for something other than sitting at the helm and shouting back rote replies to the orders he is given. They couldn't have that!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

sweet geek swag posted:

That would have entailed using him for something other than sitting at the helm and shouting back rote replies to the orders he is given. They couldn't have that!

Or in that one episode he headlined act more convincingly than that guy who spent most of the episode chained in the cargo bay.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Der Kyhe posted:

Or in that one episode he headlined act more convincingly than that guy who spent most of the episode chained in the cargo bay.

Mayweather's actor managed to be far more interesting in the mirror episodes, but I mean, bad hammed acting is part of the charm of that whole bit so it fits.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Dabir posted:

Star Trek: Terms of Service

Now Ensign by being posted on the Enterprise you agree to the following:

1) Be subject to at least 1 extremely dangerous anomaly/alien species/technological catastrophe per week

2) A greater than 75% chance of being seriously injured or killed by an alien visitor onboard due to our oddly lax security

3) Be seduced by any or all of Riker/Spock/Troi

4) Any other non-specific danger that Captain Kirk/Picard/Archer deems necessary in order to satisfy their curiosity and/or the curiosity of their senior staff

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The holodeck has its own entire tos and I'm sure it's quite the read.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you don't even read it. you have to sit in a simulated courtroom and it's read to you by a hologram.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Holodeck training is a six week course full of Red Asphalt-like videos. By the third day, everyone has caught on that all the footage if from the Enterprise.

Weeks 4 and 5 are dedicated entirely to Barclay's usage.

Moriarty is mentioned on the final day and is not asked about in the final exam.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ghostlight posted:

you don't even read it. you have to sit in a simulated courtroom and it's read to you by a hologram.

Has anyone made it through the entire thing before the holodeck malfunctions

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

riker is the only person to have ever completed the scenario by reprogramming it so the bailiff was super sexy and into him

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghostlight posted:

riker is the only person to have ever completed the scenario by reprogramming it so the bailiff was super sexy and into him

The Kosmashi Maryou. :wiggle:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

John Murdoch posted:

Oh god you probably need to link it to a Facebook account like oculus did

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I materialise in my living room at the end of the 90s. I bond with my young self. Then my younger self challenges me to reveal something about the future that will blow my mind.

"They kill off Data twice and you don't even care. Also Q has a cameo in My Little Pony".

edit:

After writing this I spontaneously decided to order I Am Spock by Leonard Nimoy. Because writing this post made me think of the anecdote that lead to it (I Am Spock) being written, i.e. the execs thought Nimoy hated Spock and worked to get him killed off.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 21, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Prurient Squid posted:

I materialise in my living room at the end of the 90s. I bond with my young self. Then my younger self challenges me to reveal something about the future that will blow my mind.

"They kill off Data twice and you don't even care. Also Q has a cameo in My Little Pony".

edit:

After writing this I spontaneously decided to order I Am Spock by Leonard Nimoy. Because writing this post made me think of the anecdote that lead to it (I Am Spock) being written, i.e. the execs thought Nimoy hated Spock and worked to get him killed off.

Q doesn't only have a cameo, he marries a pony

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Powered Descent posted:

Barclay should make a surprise appearance on Picard S3, as a suave, charming socialite whose parties are the talk of the town. The crew immediately assume he's been taken over by aliens again and start scanning for anaphasic lifeforms or whatever, but nope, it turns out he's just finally conquered his demons. :unsmith:

Shame the actor is a trash person.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Zesty posted:

Shame the actor is a trash person.

what? oh man that sucks

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

beep boop I am a robot - Picard probably

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mx. posted:

what? oh man that sucks
Yeah he’s a Chud and he either did or still does host a conservative radio talk show

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Yoooooure listening to lieutenant Broccoli's Obamacare failures power hour! brought to you by transporter magnets!! the only magnetic wearable proven to unscramble your matter stream in a way that makes your dick BIGGER BIGGER bigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Didn't Kate Mulgrew do some weird flat earther thing or am I conflating multiple things?

edit:

It was about the sun revolving around the Earth and she claims she was tricked.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 21, 2022