Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Tax payer money to buy up debt

One size fits all interest rate policies

Anti-Prohibition of recreational narcotics

He was also right to be anti war in the middle east

Having a bus with a campaign promise to send 350mil to the NHS and then immediately saying lol I didn't mean that after the election was enough to never let him on a ballot ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Having a bus with a campaign promise to send 350mil to the NHS and then immediately saying lol I didn't mean that after the election was enough to never let him on a ballot ever again.

Like I said. Was wrong about a lot.

Doesn't mean he wasn't right about a lot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Like I said. Was wrong about a lot.

Doesn't mean he wasn't right about a lot.

He's a loving Nazi.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

He's a loving Nazi.

Lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/sep/20/nigel-farage-denies-singing-hitler-songs

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-a7185236.html

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Guess he's wrong about using tax payer money to bail out banks and re-assessing the war on drugs. Guess the war in Iraq was perfectly fine too? gently caress glad you pointed out that a couple of tabloid rags on the eve of elections managed to dredge up someone to say 50 years ago he maybe said something bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Saw black Adam earlier this evening and it was drat good considering what DC has shoved out there. Rock might’ve saved DC live action.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

re: Farage

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?s=20&t=FkfUg8scd9K3CfeY9gVvag

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Guess he's wrong about using tax payer money to bail out banks and re-assessing the war on drugs. Guess the war in Iraq was perfectly fine too? gently caress glad you pointed out that a couple of tabloid rags on the eve of elections managed to dredge up someone to say 50 years ago he maybe said something bad.

I'll admit to saying dumb poo poo as a kid, none of the dumb poo poo I said as a kid was Hitler youth chants. Being right about somethings doesn't change being a loving Nazi, like the Nazis had decent social safety nets for people that weren't the ones being rounded up into camps and gassed, I'm not going to give them a gold star for that because they passed out enough on their own.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I'll admit to saying dumb poo poo as a kid, none of the dumb poo poo I said as a kid was Hitler youth chants. Being right about somethings doesn't change being a loving Nazi, like the Nazis had decent social safety nets for people that weren't the ones being rounded up into camps and gassed, I'm not going to give them a gold star for that because they passed out enough on their own.

You don't give Nazis gold stars, they give them out.

I dont care what people say as edgy teenagers trying to make their toff mates laugh and I don't subscribe to the view that just because someone maybe said something at some point when they were in a completely different person, in completely circumstance that their ideas shouldn't be taken or supported if they're solid.

Elon musk is a loving idiot. He also deserves a medal for what he's done with starlink for the Ukrainian people.

I also completely disagree with the European union and American stance on that conflict.

All three of these things can exist at once.

Politics to me isn't black and white because picking your tribe over the truth of the situation is loving dumb and serves no one and certainly doesn't serve the working class.

So if it's support the good ideas of a dickhead who's a giant dickhead but occasionally is right I'll take that over being a supporter of someone who's a piece of poo poo through to their core like kamala Harris for example who couldn't steal a good idea, just because they're on "my team".

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Having a couple non poo poo opinions about policies doesn't make him any less a boarding school produced vampire who is against gay marriage and defends lovely conversion therapy, and openly said he would be concerned if Romanians moved next door to him and other "right kind of immigrant" racist code.

Dudes a shitheel Blind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

quote:

Nigel Farage was proud at the height of Britain’s far right movement that his initials NF also stood for National Front, according to a close school friend who after years of silence says he now wants the public to understand more about the man.

He also claims the teenage Mr Farage sang “gas ‘em all, gas ‘em all”, a neo-Nazi song about Jewish people.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Farage sucks rear end, and has always sucked rear end. He's a clownish bozo like Trump without the funny tweets.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Having a couple non poo poo opinions about policies doesn't make him any less a boarding school produced vampire who is against gay marriage and defends lovely conversion therapy, and openly said he would be concerned if Romanians moved next door to him and other "right kind of immigrant" racist code.

Dudes a shitheel Blind.

You can be both of those things.

Good policies but also a dumb rear end with dumb ideas.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

You can be both of those things.

Good policies but also a dumb rear end with dumb ideas.

Well my original point was one idea was so clearly a con and was stoking racial animus to get what he wanted and soon as he did he dumped without any pretense means I wouldn't want him governing a game of CIV6 much less actual living humans.

All the other stuff can overshadow whatever non-objectionable opinions he held.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The cool thing about good ideas is that they're almost never exclusive to just one person. If some shitheel happens to also promote one or two good ideas, you can probably look around and find some non-shitheels who agree with those specific ideas, and like... elect them, instead.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
On the other hand being a Yankees fan is to brand yourself as scum for life :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've got a great idea, let's leave the EU as that will destablize Europe in order to please Putin

Okay, but what about your bad ideas

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

The cool thing about good ideas is that they're almost never exclusive to just one person. If some shitheel happens to also promote one or two good ideas, you can probably look around and find some non-shitheels who agree with those specific ideas, and like... elect them, instead.

Not for nothing but. Lemme know when that happens because...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ok yeah elect them was a stretch

promote their youtube channels, maybe

e. but seriously nigel farage was hardly the only person against going to war in the middle east

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Not for nothing but. Lemme know when that happens because...

Why the gently caress are you Stanning Nigel "Is definitely a Nazi" Farage this hard? You live on a completely different continent than him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nigel Farage is a dumb bitch in the same vein as noted dumb bitch Ron Paul

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Why the gently caress are you Stanning Nigel "Is definitely a Nazi" Farage this hard? You live on a completely different continent than him.

I don't know im bored at work and in a poo poo mood so I'm picking fights.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Pick fights that don't involve defending a loving Nazi. Defend M.I.A. being an anti vaxxer or Kanye West buying Parler.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Made any good pies lately?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Made any good pies lately?

Gonna have a crack at making a fougasse this weekend because I saw one in a bakery and they look amazing when done right.

Im also going to make a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies for my friend at work because her cat died yesterday and she was sad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Pick fights that don't involve defending a loving Nazi. Defend M.I.A. being an anti vaxxer or Kanye West buying Parler.

Technically I was defending his ideas but fair enough.

I feel like Kanye needs a friend. But an actual friend and not fake one's like he's probably surrounded with.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

I feel like Kanye needs a friend. But an actual friend and not fake one's like he's probably surrounded with.

This needs to happen and might do some good if he had some, but Herschel is still my go to for 'this guy needs a full on intervention' with actual friends which I'm not sure if he has.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Skwirl posted:

it's this. Don't do the poo poo where you say something fully loving stupid and then retreat behind the waist-high cover of:

I'm Shitposting! LOL

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Gonna have a crack at making a fougasse this weekend because I saw one in a bakery and they look amazing when done right.

Im also going to make a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies for my friend at work because her cat died yesterday and she was sad.

That's rough for her but a kind gesture.

What's a fougasse?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

That's rough for her but a kind gesture.

What's a fougasse?

It's like a french foccacia but slightly less wet and oiled, but same sort of thing, herbaceous bread with some salt and you slash it so it looks like a leaf, but you also get more end pieces so there's more nice crispy bits to tear off and dip into a soup or a pesto.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I looked it up, it turns out you can make it into a sort of french version of a calzone which sounds awesome

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Wrong thread

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 21, 2022

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Amy Pole Her posted:

Saw black Adam earlier this evening and it was drat good considering what DC has shoved out there. Rock might’ve saved DC live action.

Have only seen the trailers but why does a guy buried for 5000 years speak perfect modern English?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

saintonan posted:

Have only seen the trailers but why does a guy buried for 5000 years speak perfect modern English?

Same reason Thanos did?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Kanye is way too far down the road of being in an extremely elite bubble and not wanting to deal with whatever issues he has. It feels like he snapped when his mom died and this is just a long, protracted flailing. He’s about to get cut by Adidas and GAP both, an historic fumbling of the bag.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh neat, I was low-key hyped about it after liking Shazam so much.

My cousin recently got a job with DC and worked on promoting the film, though I'm not 100% sure what her specific role was.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BlindSite posted:

Elon musk is a loving idiot. He also deserves a medal for what he's done with starlink for the Ukrainian people.

I would like to know what Elon Musk personally did to help Ukraine aside from just owning Starlink. You don’t had out medals for being a capitalist.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Didn't Musk remark that he'd have to cut off Ukraine's starlink because it was sucking up bandwidth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rectal Placenta posted:

Didn't Musk remark that he'd have to cut off Ukraine's starlink because it was sucking up bandwidth?

IIRC he decided he could no longer afford it and wanted the US to start footing the bill