Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The ending of the first Crackdown traumatized me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I was going to give Fable a try, but the version available on Series X Game Pass feels like it has massive input delay. Is this just how the game always was, or is it this specific version?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

jasoneatspizza posted:

I was going to give Fable a try, but the version available on Series X Game Pass feels like it has massive input delay. Is this just how the game always was, or is it this specific version?

I tried it on xbox one awhile ago and same deal. Sucks.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Seltzer posted:

I have a theory that most super hero games are bad because they are selling the game solely on the IP to MCU types who love mediocrity. I haven't played any for a very long time but has there been any actually good superhero games in the past decade aside from Arkham and spiderman if you count those.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

And I'll defend the Avengers single player story. It's very good until it bleeds into the GaaS stuff which drives it to a bit of a slog, but the highs are high.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Phantom abyss is fun, but it's got a serious startup problem in xcloud. You have to mash blindly through barely rendered menus and let the game load in for acouple minutes. It was mostly smooth after, but i hope it's just because that was the tutorial area with everyone joining.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
So this is Persona huh?

Pretty neat so far.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 is showing up as a Cloud version on my Series S with no downloadable version.

E: It seems to be fixed now, but for a while it was saying I could only play a cloud version.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 21, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So far Person 5 is in fact all it is cracked up to be.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah won't let me download to my Series S. And Vampire Survivor isn't there at all, I think they meant to link to the PC store.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I never played Persona 4 although would like to when it reaches Xbox. Does it make any sense to wait for that before starting 5?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was under the impression that none of the games are directly related. My fellow imp Synthy once said that P5 is disappointing to him as an Atlus superfan but if you're new to their games you probably won't notice anything's wrong so I'm gonna trust the post I barely remember from a year ago and play P5 first anyway.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Larry Parrish posted:

I was under the impression that none of the games are directly related. My fellow imp Synthy once said that P5 is disappointing to him as an Atlus superfan but if you're new to their games you probably won't notice anything's wrong so I'm gonna trust the post I barely remember from a year ago and play P5 first anyway.

I've heard a reviewer call Person 5 Royal on of the best games ever.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Persona 5 is giving me an issue on series x where an xbox menu pops in every 30 seconds or so with an error message and tells me to try again. I can close out the error message and the game keeps playing fine but it must be failing to do something in the background. Gonna try again tomorrow. Looked cool from what I saw tho!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Literally everyone I know who played P5 thought it was amazing and then at hour 50 decided they wanted to kill themselves for wasting their life playing such a chunk of garbage.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Original_Z posted:

I never played Persona 4 although would like to when it reaches Xbox. Does it make any sense to wait for that before starting 5?

not really. if you are gonna wait for any, wait for 3, as 4 and 5 made some big qol improvements over 3 and playing that one after either of its sequels might be rough.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Literally everyone I know who played P5 thought it was amazing and then at hour 50 decided they wanted to kill themselves for wasting their life playing such a chunk of garbage.

Bro what happened to your av. Lol

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Tayter Swift posted:

Yeah won't let me download to my Series S. And Vampire Survivor isn't there at all, I think they meant to link to the PC store.

The post I saw that announced that Vampire game did say it was for PC, not Xbox.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

American McGay posted:

What happens 50 hours in? I loved p5 but did get really burnt out on the dungeons by the end. Royal seems to change things for the better, have not played it yet but will.

Original_Z posted:

No, P4 is great but quite aged too and I think a lot of people will enjoy 5 much more as a first game. They’re both great jrpgs but 4 is literally a PS2 game.

I’m debating whether I play this on gamepass or get it on switch though ( I have been on a LOT of planes recently )

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

priznat posted:

Did you ever play that Punisher game way back (PS2 maybe?) it was like Mortal Kombat level fatalities

There is a higher quality video of this, but it cuts out the deadpan lines by Thomas Jane (who played him in the 2004 movie) and doesn't have the lovely music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF97_HYMnl8

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only direct references to Persona 4 are some rotating ads in the train station featuring two idol characters, who predictably would still be releasing music. Everything else is super vague stuff from interacting with the TV in the café on certain dates.

Like there's some expanded universe stuff where the characters meet thanks to time and space not mattering to the Velvet Room attendants, but they all end up forgetting. Only the older Persona 3 characters met their Persona 4 counterparts in the fighting game and remember it. (Their Persona 2 predecessors also being relegated to TV news reports on random days.)

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MJBuddy posted:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

And I'll defend the Avengers single player story. It's very good until it bleeds into the GaaS stuff which drives it to a bit of a slog, but the highs are high.

Why play Avengers when the very good and fun Guardians of the Glaxy sit there ignore?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Sywert of Thieves posted:

The post I saw that announced that Vampire game did say it was for PC, not Xbox.

Yeah, no console release for Vampire Survivors yet because it was made in HTML5 or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was always kind of weirded out it wasn't a cellphone game or a console port considering it really feels like it was designed to be played on controller lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the dev should put that game everywhere, it's so good.- phones, switch, even the ps5

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fanatic posted:

Yeah, no console release for Vampire Survivors yet because it was made in HTML5 or something.

Even though it launched 1.0 this week, a change to a different engine is coming later this year. Would be a waste of time to start porting it before that one is ready and put through the wringer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the dev should put that game everywhere, it's so good.- phones, switch, even the ps5

I still need to unlock the secrets menu and the final character from getting the whole codex but I'm so close I can taste it. Unfortunately the bone zone is hard as gently caress.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i've never made it past like 12 mins lol, i just play it on the exercise bike and start againe every time i fail :cheers: :hehe:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's a fun little time waster to play when the missus is hogging the tv.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbh if i just respec out of the curse on power ups I can probably do it with one of the better coffin characters like Pugnala but that feels like cheating

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the mechanic of letting you respec the upgrades without losing any money is genius

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wish more devs would follow the tried and tested "make the game always fun" design that Vampire Survivors and the other good game of the year, Elden Ring, follow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wish more devs would follow the tried and tested "make the game always fun" design that Vampire Survivors and the other good game of the year, Elden Ring, follow

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It is indeed refreshing to get patches to give you new options to break the game instead of trying to balance it.

Elden Ring nerfed things, probably because it has to balance multiplayer stuff. It is therefore the inferior game of the year!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually it serves as a good noob check. A filter, if you will.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lammasu posted:

You really should have Stux on ignore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

You really should have Stux on ignore.

wtf

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

You guys should play the Shadowrun trilogy on game pass. I completed the first one recently and I don't often complete games. I'm now playing the second one and it's at least as good. I like these games with a heavy emphasis on story and I want more of them. Game pass is making me discover genres that I didn't know I'd like.

I wish there were more rpg's in a futuristic setting but it's usually medieval fantasy stuff.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Best menus and soundtrack in a video game ever, maybe.

I do think it's a good first Persona game though. It's slick even if it has some issues.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In my old age (40) I have become VERY impatient with JRPGs, but even I made it to the final dungeon of P5 before turning the difficulty to zero and just blasting through it.

Might just listen to the OST rather than commit another 150 hours in it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Skill issue.

e: ah poo poo 2 pages old, I also have a skill issue