Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I think in retrospect Yuureitou loving rules and if it wasn't so obscure it'd be crucified on the altar of twitter takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
YA fandom reading yuureitou is a really funny arc to imagine yeah

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah I was going to drop into this thread again to apologize for my weird, barely coherent meltdown posts but I'm glad they at least resulted in the Yuureitou recommendation.
I think I already said this, but I'm amazed I never stumbled on it before because it ticks so many of my boxes (one of these boxes is labelled "just goes completely insane.")

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

My Girlfriend Caught A Cold.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Ikemen Joshi to Josou Danshi finally got the middle chapters uploaded to mangadex. It is a very cute and wholesome crossdressing manga.
https://mangadex.org/title/685db91e-a8ab-4de3-9738-9d3f883bd179/ikemen-joshi-to-josou-danshi

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Been busy this month so forgot to post in the thread for a bit.

Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki got another update

Yodokawa still is killing it when it comes to attractive GL faces, and speaking of Yodokawa killing it when it comes to attractive GL faces...

New series from them. Cram school teacher x actress

e: oh and i guess there is also a a new chapter of i don't know which is love

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 17, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yodokawa still is killing it when it comes to attractive GL faces, and speaking of Yodokawa killing it when it comes to attractive GL faces...

New series from them. Cram school teacher x actress

e: oh and i guess there is also a a new chapter of i don't know which is love
I absolutely dig the energy that the actress has in the second one.
It takes a lot of skill for a mangaka to show character that genuine in a single chapter, so this could be a very good manga to read once it's done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

4:30am, at the coin landromat

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Aaaaaaaaaaa so good

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

School Zone is on indefinite hiatus but the author will be working on other projects.
Gonna miss the goof.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Libra posted:

School Zone is on indefinite hiatus but the author will be working on other projects.
Gonna miss the goof.

quote:

I couldn't write every reason that lead to this hiatus since there are so many, but the main one is my motivation towards my own work. Though I don't mean to say I've come to dislike the series. School Zone is my first ever work and I have a deep attachment to it. That's why instead of forcefully ending the characters' stories out of nowhere I decided to put them on hold instead. I don't know when I will return to it, but I would like to come back and continue drawing it when I feel capable of it.

I've worked on School Zone for several years. It was my first serialization so it was quite shoddy, but despite that I took my work on it everyday very seriously. But as time went by I realized that, somewhere deep inside me, I wanted to challenge myself to write something new. And when I thought about how authors have such limited careers, and how I've been working on nothing but School Zone for so many years, the motivation I had towards writing my own manga completely vanished, leading to this decision. Because I've always gone all out on School Zone, I couldn't move forward with other challenges I've always wanted to undertake. I'm really sorry to all the readers who have supported me along the years.

My current plan is to challenge myself to write a new kind of yuri manga under a fresh environment. I've already been preparing for its serialization behind the scenes. For me, who's only drawn a slice-of-life story like School Zone, this is a complete 180 and I feel like I'm starting from scratch all over again. I don't know how many years it will be until this new work is serialized, but I will keep pursuing the kind of yuri manga I truly want to draw with all I've got. I would be very happy if you could continue supporting my works in the future.

she got burned out on doing the same school manga for years, especially one she started when she was a very different author, basically, and she didn't want to rush an ending and leave fans unsatisfied. sucks but understandable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
babe, please write some stuff about adults

honey, i love your work but it would really just send it over the edge for me, please, please

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Looking at the art they've been posting on twitter for a while now, it's looking like it'll be edgy sword yuri? Which seems like quite a pivot.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Anyone reading Lass? Only a few chapters out, but it's a pretty good peach-themed meet-cute with a fairly unique visual style. The pacing does kinda hit a slog once the story takes a turn for drama, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

she got burned out on doing the same school manga for years, especially one she started when she was a very different author, basically, and she didn't want to rush an ending and leave fans unsatisfied. sucks but understandable.

Ah, yeah I can understand that. I'll miss it and hope they get their ending some day. Hopefully whatever they do in the interim is good and has as good art/faces to match.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

good luck, Miss Landlord

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its been a while, but the oni bartender manga just got a new chapter

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
A panel from the latest Mage & Demon Queen

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's been awhile since I've heard of someone being sexed to death but there's a first time for everything.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Death by snu-snu

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Himawari-san by Sugano Manami, a series that started back in 2009, finally finished.

It's a very soft series, where what romance there is primarily being hinted at through meiji literary concepts, which the mangaka makes direct reference to - but it's definitely worth a read.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 1, 2022

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hello gay thread i hope you are well

snooz i watched half of behind the mask yesterday with a group, pretty cool movie

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Aurora posted:

hello gay thread i hope you are well

snooz i watched half of behind the mask yesterday with a group, pretty cool movie

oh yeah i should add that one to my list

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:nws::

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What exactly does moderate amounts of sex mean in this situation.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
It is not entirely sex scenes, but like half of it is. While it is very cute, it is significantly more NWS than what I usually see here. I was kind of surprised it was posted.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think i recommended sweet guilty love bites a few times here and its same author and amount of sex

sweet guilty love bites rules

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Again it's good. Women processing their emotions in each others' arms is epic. I'm gonna check out sglb. It was simply new and surprising to me itt.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ohtori Akio posted:

Again it's good. Women processing their emotions in each others' arms is epic

I can confirm even

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I only just started reading Ohana Holoholo but with a name that translates to "Family by ones and twos" and the first three chapters already being powerful enough to make me shed happy tears, I know it's good enough to share already.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very happy that after 2 years of being left half-translated a new group picked it back up and finished the whole thing in a couple months.

Solid manga imo.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm just gonna go ahead and recommend Family By Ones And Twos again, because holy loving hell that manga is good!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I only just started reading Ohana Holoholo but with a name that translates to "Family by ones and twos" and the first three chapters already being powerful enough to make me shed happy tears, I know it's good enough to share already.

Oh I was trying to remember the name of that the other day, cheers!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New Brides of Iberis. Shame things are rushed now since it got canned~ But even despite that akiyama haru is still delivering the goods the best she can.

We also have a one two punch of drinking yuri, with kamiina botan and oni bartender, both of which are reaching new stages in their narratives.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I Don't Know Why, but I Suddenly Wanted to Have Sex with My Coworker Who Sits Next to Me is just one of those things, where sometimes it be that way.

Girls Complex a la Mode is from the same collection.

And Unchanging Feelings just made me cry.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
man, i know it's obvious but every time i see manga bring up the fact that two women in a relationship are usually going to be seen as just friends, no matter how affectionate they are, it does feel pretty bad. i'm tired of store clerks telling me and my partner that we're "best friend goals" and stuff like that, it's cute but we've also been in a relationship for almost a decade so it kind of stings knowing that people just assume that's what's going on.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Me and my wife get "sisters" :(

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Nyaawn posted:

definitely gotten that one too, haha. :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nyaawn posted:

Reminds me of when my mum got chewed out by some kid's parent for how my aunt was acting at school, "how could you let your daughter act this way"

My mum was 12 at the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post