Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll take it from here, Docjowles. *tags in, trips on the ropes while getting into the ring* wwe is evil. *talking while trying to get up but i can't get up* i hate it and don't remember anything about it or else i would be evil as well. *gets up but the momentum causes me to fall forward onto the 'headbutting' portion of my skull* i'm all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think the CMC trade makes sense, the 49ers aren't bringing back Jimmy. They don't know what they have in Lance. It's easy to see them collapsing next season. Which could be the end for Lynch & Shanahan. If you get another good playoff runs you might be able to survive one or two bad seasons.

In the perspective of a front office that needs wins now AND keeps a division rival from adding a piece it's fine. At least till CMC has a season ending injury.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I think this was a smart trade for SF. The compensation seemed like a lot until I learned they had two more third round comp picks.

If CMC stays healthy and they don't have cap issues, it's a massive win for the 49ers. If he continues to get hurt, then yeah, bad trade of course but it would hardly be crippling.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No. This is going to get Shanahan fired after the end of next season when CMC has played only a handful of games. Bookmark this post.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No. This is going to get Shanahan fired after the end of next season when CMC has played only a handful of games. Bookmark this post.
This was my thought.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i dont think this is a ploy to drive up his value btw. i think they're hanging on to Moore for whatever first round QB they draft next year

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1583309094969954305?s=20&t=snGxfPOOptcBzo0hQMcc3g

otoh shaq is absolutely available. he'd be great on a team that has a good MLB who can tell him where to go.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1583095944890941440?s=20&t=lZYULZaHqCbjSYGHEVYGTw

I think Brady Christensen could be moved. He hasn't looked as good at LG as he did at LT last year, and Ickey is looking like a stud.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1583121361727209473?s=20&t=lZYULZaHqCbjSYGHEVYGTw

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 21, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Except Stone Cold was loving awesome and defined the WWE brand for 10+ years. Baker is some random jobber who was just good enough to be a recurring character, but that character's role is to lose to the stars every time*. Sorry I haven't watched wrestling in decades, Cavuaro please tag in

* Except that time he pinned Shawn Michaels for the intercontinental championship belt out of nowhere, which is the Browns over Steelers playoff game in this analogy

Baker is The Miz.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Baker is Ken Kennedy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/russell-wilson-dangerwich-cancelled/

quote:

For those who never had the opportunity to try Russell Wilson’s “Dangerwich” from Subway Sandwiches, we have some bad news for you. It appears as though it’s been taken off Subway’s “Vault” menu.

Subway country, Lets Ride!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Makes sense. Smart of Carolina - trade the guy who wouldn’t be here and keep the premiums.

Brian Burns is a beast though. God I wish we had both 1sts this year… could’ve offered one up with a little extra on top and made a swing at some of these good names available from around the league. We can’t keep drafting duds at OL

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 21, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

It really was too dangerous!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It really was too dangerous!

Tens of palates DESTROYED by the spicy combo of black pepper and banana peppers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

When's the last time anyone ever talked so much about a Subway sandwich? This should have been considered a marketing slam dunk.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seems like every day everybody talks about the roast beef with doritos crushed up in it

Nov 6, 2002

Cavauro posted:

seems like every day everybody talks about the roast beef with doritos crushed up in it

ER doctors don't count.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My old company’s catering group used to do a Dorito pie which was a taco salad but over a buncha Doritos.

Of COURSE they removed it. loving corporate!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Uh sure whatever

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1583436019478974464?s=46&t=vOCHxJSUvgsGl3K1JE1ZnQ

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

They put out that commercial yesterday and then cancel the dude as a brand ambassador the next day.

That is some craven poo poo Subway.

He put his heart and soul into that boosting your poo poo-rear end sandwich in an almost literal sense, and that's why he sucks at football now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sounds like something an "R&D intern" at PFF would come up with, yeah

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

this is not true.

stop spreading propaganda, arjumenon100.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That chart is dumb as hell.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what do edmund fitzgerald and steven spielberger know about football anyways

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sweet, can't wait for the Bucs to trade some mid round picks for the #4 pick in the draft.

Edit: More chart talk!

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1583487079140405248?s=20&t=F5UHKwqxpjI_DrRRVyUsqw

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 21, 2022

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I'd buy "equivalent to *a* 1st round pick" over the freakin 4th overall. Jesus Christ.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ehud posted:

what do edmund fitzgerald know about football anyways

Ehud posted:

what do edmund fitzgerald know

The Back was the pride of the Carolina side
Coming back from some game in California
As the good backs go, he was better than most
On a bad team but was a good captain and well seasoned
Concluding some terms with a couple of football firms
When they sent him fully loaded for San Fran
And later that night when the twitter alert rang
It was the equivalent of the 4th? Is this stealin?

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 21, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I’d say they got the equivalent of a bottom bottom 1st. 4th overall is either a straight up lie or that chart really really does not value the 4th overall pick

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Paint Crop Pro posted:

The Back was the pride of the Carolina side
Coming back from some game in California
As the good backs go, he was better than most
On a bad team but was a good captain and well seasoned
Concluding some terms with a couple of football firms
When they sent him fully loaded for San Fran
And later that night when the twitter alert rang
It was the equivalent of the 4th? Is this stealin?

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fitzgerald-Spielberger is an insanely obvious burner for someone named Scott Fitterer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yes, I would like to trade you a second, third, fourth and fifth for the #4 overall pick, I will await your immediate yes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

We don’t even know where the 49ers are picking! These could all be late round picks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah I’d say they got the equivalent of a bottom bottom 1st. 4th overall is either a straight up lie or that chart really really does not value the 4th overall pick

Fitzgerald-Spielberger is disproportionately silly because that one was built by taking the 2011-2015 drafts and assigned a grade to each pick based on the value of the contracts vs production.

So yeah, a bunch of okay players are going to produce more value then a single very good one, fart.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I took a quick look a the NFCW standings and the fact everybody's got 3 wins means it's a lot more open than I anticipated.

San Francisco getting CMC likely helps them win the division.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh hey the player who’s never healthy isn’t healthy

https://twitter.com/nbcsedgefb/status/1583499114880589826?s=46&t=vOCHxJSUvgsGl3K1JE1ZnQ

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yes, I would like to trade you a second, third, fourth and fifth for the #4 overall pick, I will await your immediate yes.

Sorry, that's only equal value. I'm going to need at least a 6th or 7th rounder as well (i.e. Robbie Anderson)

Nov 6, 2002

How much draft capital has shanahan now spent on running backs?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

I took a quick look a the NFCW standings and the fact everybody's got 3 wins means it's a lot more open than I anticipated.

San Francisco getting CMC likely helps them win the division.

Lot of hope for a guy who hasn't had a good year since 2019.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

adaz posted:

He’s averaging 110 yards a game right now. He was averaging 110 yards a game last year before he was injured. He hasn’t had an injury free year since 2019, but he’s still very good when he plays.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How much draft capital has shanahan now spent on running backs?
I think a third each of the past two years, plus a 6th either last year or this year?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

adaz posted:

Played in 16 out of his teams last 39 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Played in 16 out of his teams last 39 games.

His injury issues started when Matt Rhule showed up, maybe he was just making smart business decisions.