Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

roomtone posted:

i just so want the 'foot thing' to be a foot thing of the past

do you think he was wanking off when he supervised those dudes get their tongues cut off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if I had to pick between the rotting king and his incestuous brother, I'll take the crabfeeder

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
and now we reach the inevitable conclusion of it all

rhaenys

is

biden

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
corlys should have sided with the crabfeeder but instead got his head chopped in half

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Crabfeeder was a bad dude. And he ran a bunch of bad boys. And back in those days -- Corlys - to show how things have changed -- one of the things you had to use, if you controlled the Stepstones you could harass the trade routes. And so he was up on the beach and wouldn't listen to me. I said, 'Hey, Serwyn of the Mirror Shield, you! Off the beach or I'll come up and dragon you off.' Well, he came off, and he said, 'I'll meet you outside.'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
oh that was another guy I got the names wrong

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

Crabfeeder was a bad dude. And he ran a bunch of bad boys. And back in those days -- Corlys - to show how things have changed -- one of the things you had to use, if you controlled the Stepstones you could harass the trade routes. And so he was up on the beach and wouldn't listen to me. I said, 'Hey, Serwyn of the Mirror Shield, you! Off the beach or I'll come up and dragon you off.' Well, he came off, and he said, 'I'll meet you outside.'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
dragon lady crashed through the floor and now she's gonna make alliances with the crabfeeder posse and take ultimate control of the stepstones allied with the incest crew

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
what's the dragon situation now? eyepatch has the biggest, or so he says, but he's the only dragonrider on that side. as opposed to incest dragonstone crew who has 2, and possibly 3 now

eyepatch is the only one who can ride a dragon in that faction

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Well that’s not true. He was the only one who couldn’t before that whole ordeal. It’s why he was bullied.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Think about it. Use your brains, if you even have one haha. Crabfeeder knew what Daemon was planning, he didn't respond at all not because he was a one episode dumbass, but because he knew him and all his soliders dying would ultimately make Daemon's eventual epic win over Aemond or some bitch all the more ironic. Ha, dragons ruling the kingdom. Right.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

All of Alicent’s kids have dragons, we just haven’t seen the other two with theirs yet.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what's the dragon situation now? eyepatch has the biggest, or so he says, but he's the only dragonrider on that side. as opposed to incest dragonstone crew who has 2, and possibly 3 now

eyepatch is the only one who can ride a dragon in that faction

I thought aegon was implied to have a dragon in the pig episode but i cant remember and im not going back to check

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I thought aegon was implied to have a dragon in the pig episode but i cant remember and im not going back to check

did aegon steal the dragon, or was it eyepatch? everyone is inbred with white honky hair.

eyepatch studied the blade and dragonriding and is a real prideful fucker, and even he knew putting aegon on the throne was bullshit

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Can a person with no Targaryen blood ride dragon? In the book is there rando dragonrider? Just good athlete that can hold onto the saddle?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Can a person with no Targaryen blood ride dragon? In the book is there rando dragonrider? Just good athlete that can hold onto the saddle?
It is believed that the answer is "no", but they also believe that if some rando tames a dragon, that proves they had Targaryen blood, so... who fuckin' knows. Maybe they're right -- there have been targs around for over a century and plenty of 'em liked to gently caress around -- or maybe they're wrong and the magic doesn't work that way, or it isn't magic at all.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
hah no mud commoner trash could ever mount a dragon

*somehow it happens*

ah, hah! well look he probably had some targ blood in the mix, probably a good guy
some dick: but he was the son of alice, he's worthless
ha, well that maybe be how it appears to you common folk, but in the grand design eh.....uh

roomtone fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 21, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This show does a good job of making dragons look utterly alien and scary as poo poo. The eyes especially communicate the idea of an intelligence unlike anything human or generally mammalian. The game of thrones ones seemed more anthropomorphized somehow. Maybe they had fewer close-ups of their faces.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

There's a bit in the book where the blacks are desperate for riders because they have a fucktonne of dragons and they just round up everyone on dragonstone that has a bit of noticable targ blood (they have purple eyes in the books which makes em pretty distinctive) and gives them a crack at it. Imagine just being some random bastard and they roll up and give you a go on sheepstealer.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I AM GRANDO posted:

This show does a good job of making dragons look utterly alien and scary as poo poo. The eyes especially communicate the idea of an intelligence unlike anything human or generally mammalian. The game of thrones ones seemed more anthropomorphized somehow. Maybe they had fewer close-ups of their faces.

Caraxes acted hurt when Daemon got hurt, so there's some kind of connection between rider and dragon. And riders don't seem to be able to take more than one dragon in their lives, even though dragons can have multiple riders in their life.

Also I don't think you can steal a living person's dragon from them, but once they're dead it's fair game.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

bobjr posted:

Caraxes acted hurt when Daemon got hurt, so there's some kind of connection between rider and dragon. And riders don't seem to be able to take more than one dragon in their lives, even though dragons can have multiple riders in their life.

Also I don't think you can steal a living person's dragon from them, but once they're dead it's fair game.

Hopefully they'll extend the lore a bit and we can have some scenes with Larys consulting with Maesters, reading scrolls, discussing with dragon wranglers, meeting some smiths while they forge away and then showing up to Alicent with a special Valyrian steel key which they just have to insert in the side of the dragon to turn off the alarms and drive it around.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

covidstomper58 posted:

Hopefully they'll extend the lore a bit and we can have some scenes with Larys consulting with Maesters, reading scrolls, discussing with dragon wranglers, meeting some smiths while they forge away and then showing up to Alicent with a special Valyrian steel key which they just have to insert in the side of the dragon to turn off the alarms and drive it around.

I was hoping you were going with an 'unlock the big metal chastity belt' like in Men in Tights.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SmokaDustbowl posted:

did aegon steal the dragon, or was it eyepatch? everyone is inbred with white honky hair.

eyepatch studied the blade and dragonriding and is a real prideful fucker, and even he knew putting aegon on the throne was bullshit
I wonder who stole the dragon. The guy who had the best fight scene in the franchise over stealing a dragon, where he lost his eye, or the guy cumming prophecies?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
sarah hess on bts next week 'i played them all like a loving fiddle. 'ohh rhaenys so heroic' - get the gently caress outta here. i was misdrecting the fickle fans against my perfect episode from the most devastating scene of all time starring my favourite loving characters, daemon and aemond, who are brothers. gently caress off.'

roomtone fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 21, 2022

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

The questions are "what does failure to ride a dragon looks like and do i want to look like that? Should i listen to the Targaryan claim that only people with Valyrien blood can ride Dragon? Let's see what happens to that other guy trying before me first! Oh-". It's the sword stuck in the stone problem but with teeth and flame thrower on the sword.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

wait daemond is a name too now? i mean it makes sense with aemon, daemon and aemond. do they have daegon, aegond and daegond too?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Rhaemond

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Rhaegar is a pretty funny one in hindsight

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
wikifeet people: i hope Allicent steps on Larys’ balls

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

niethan posted:

wait daemond is a name too now? i mean it makes sense with aemon, daemon and aemond. do they have daegon, aegond and daegond too?

son of a bitch

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rhaegandarysond

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

A commoner without targ blood does tame a dragon by just feeding it and being nice but then they retconned it to make them have targ blood iirc

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Actually she was a child of the forest so its ok

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
In a world full of people named Daemon and Maegor, Jason Lannister has to feel a little short changed.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mweber posted:

In a world full of people named Daemon and Maegor, Jason Lannister has to feel a little short changed.

few people can compare to Harry Strickland, the guy with the shittiest name in Westeros

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like I said, Westerosis have normal names with one letter added or changed like Brendan or Catelyn or Roberdt and Targs are all named Aenamoeaond.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is it seen as bad for a non-Targ to give themselves a Targ name? Like if they see someone else name a kid Viserys do they bring out the lawyers?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

there is a frey named rhaegar, and IIRC people throw it in his face the same way we would einstein or nimrod

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
There's probably a non zero number of people with all the stupid Targaryen names in real life lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

Is it seen as bad for a non-Targ to give themselves a Targ name? Like if they see someone else name a kid Viserys do they bring out the lawyers?

The Westerosi seem like they name their kids after their family, and it would take a lot of time to spread new names that way.

The Velaryons also have weird Valaryian names and don't normally marry their relatives (unless they're marrying their Targ cousins). You'd think there would be some third cousin on a cadet branch of the Baratheons with a Valaryian name passed down from their family.