Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol at got the down-low that Fred Schneider might be gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saint Freak posted:

Lol at got the down-low that Fred Schneider might be gay.

One time in the early 1990's my Catholic-to-Falwell grandparents told me, "we had no idea Liberace was gay."
I did not know who Liberace was.
I do not believe a single word of that sentence at age 36.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Paul Lynde? Oh yeah, he's the comedian with the funny voice. What about him?

...WHAT?

(Also that thing says he was a racist, which is unfortunate but believable)

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
"Zombie, Rob. A very nice man." hahahahah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guys, Willie Nelson smokes pot. Shocking, I know.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

quote:

Eminem. Described as a nice guy by his friends, but his lyrics are vile and evil.

This is some boomer level pearl clutching.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CommonShore posted:

The Emerald Forest? I think that's the movie I'm thinking of...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089087/
Enough of a possibility that I'll give it a watch to see, but judging from the costume design in the trailer, I'm leaning towards probably not what I'm remembering. Thanks for the lead though!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Slugworth posted:

Enough of a possibility that I'll give it a watch to see, but judging from the costume design in the trailer, I'm leaning towards probably not what I'm remembering. Thanks for the lead though!

Two other notable movies that feature Indigenous peoples from the South American rain forests are Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre: The Wrath of God, but I don't remember a scene anything like that in either. I saw The Emerald Forest (was the movie I was recalling) in ohhh... 1991, and I remembered that it had some pretty heavy body paint stuff going on so it came to mind there.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ponzicar posted:

Given that the author of the page is almost certainly an older Friend of Dorothy, that line was likely based on all the frustration the community had about the homophobia in Eminem’s lyrics back then.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ponzicar posted:

lol you should hear their opinions on moby v eminem

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LanceHunter posted:

Given that the author of the page is almost certainly an older Friend of Dorothy, that line was likely based on all the frustration the community had about the homophobia in Eminem’s lyrics back then.

This is a fair cop but also lol at how many are like DOES MARIJUANA

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

MrQwerty posted:

One time in the early 1990's my Catholic-to-Falwell grandparents told me, "we had no idea Liberace was gay."
I did not know who Liberace was.

Liberace won a lawsuit against UK tabloid Daily Mirror where they called him ’fruit-flavoured’ in a gossip column.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberace_v_Daily_Mirror

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

MrQwerty posted:

My grandmother claims she didn't know. She said that it was because she didn't know that being gay was a thing. I don't know if I believe her either. I guess it's possible, she lived a pretty sheltered life. :shrug:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

quote:

Prince Charles. Is not unacquainted with the ways of men.

Prince Edward. FOD.

Prince Phillip. Queen's Consort. Bisexual.

That's all they had on the Royals. Missed a trick not having anything on Andrew.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

eating only apples posted:

That's all they had on the Royals. Missed a trick not having anything on Andrew.

My guess is they pulled from American sources and didn't really care about UK royals

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

That's something I was unaware of. But considering that literally half of the rumors are theoretically outing people, the community couldn't have been cool with this either?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There were certainly a few people who would've loved nothing more than to out people they didn't like, but I think for the most part it was understood that nobody outed anyone else, not even through rumors.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

There's also a big difference in how people felt about outing depending on the audience. Queer folks talking to other queer folks would (often gleefully) talk about who was in the closet, but then loudly decry any outing that occurred in the press or to a straight audience. Also, it was fine to dish about how some celebrity was in the closet, but you didn't out your friend Kirk.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

Charles Ford posted:

4) animated movie, a young boy (or girl?) is on an alien planet, and eats some alien fruit from strange trees/plants.

Just to reply to my own post from months ago, I figured this one out! Occasionally I'd Google it to try and find info, and usually only find references to The Fantastic Planet, but this time (possibly as I'm on my laptop, and not logged into YouTube here, and also in another country to where I normally am to really reset those Google algorithms) I watched the trailer to The Fantastic Planet, confirming again that it was not what I remember, but there was something interesting in the recommended videos - "Time Masters"!

The entire thing seems to be on YouTube, and I was able to just seek around, and 8 minutes in I find the scene I remember, with the boy on the planet with the fruit. He's also got a kind of radio egg he's using to talk to someone, which I now remember having had my memory refreshed, so this is definitely it. Other scenes in the movie are now also coming back to me, so I'll need to watch it all the way through later. It seems to have been created by some of the same people as Time Masters, hence YouTube finally solving my mystery itself.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The author also had a hell of a hang-up about breast implants.

The Peter O'Toole entry is bizarre. It made me look up his Wiki entry and there is nothing at all suggeting that he spent any part of his life being raised female. The only childhood weirdness is that O'Toole was not 100% certain of his birthdate.

I'd love to rediscover a website that summarized gossip from a British music magazine in the 1950s. Someone in this thread was able to figure out the magazine - which I can't remember now, but the columnist's pen name was Alley Cat - but not the website. There was a line from the gossip column talking about LIttle Richard's born-again Christianity with the wordplay that that Alley Cat always knew he liked hymns.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So I got one.

There was this video that floated around the internet in the late 90s/early 2000s that also appeared on one of those trashy Fox specials and I've searched for it many ways over the years and just can't find it. So the video has a guy in a lovely old Honda speeding around an empty field of dirt, then you hear the camera man say "Slow down, Mike." and right as he says that the car hits this small hill and launches into the air with the camera man screaming incoherently. It ends with a view of the highway down below and by some miracle Mike is crawling out of the upside down car that appears to have fallen a considerable distance.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
A sitcom or movie where a couple are getting married and instead of saying "till death to us part" the girl says "till one of us is DEEEAAD!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L67SnTtnVj8&t=171s

I've been dying to know what the sample used in "The Blessed Lay Down and Writhe in Agony" by The Body is.
The woman talking who says "I can't leave, I don't want to leave." & "and all these videos", etc. I even asked Chip King when I saw them in Philly and he told me to ask Lee but I didn't know where Lee was. Part of me thinks its Aileen Wuornos but idk, could be an interview with a cult member or something. Never found anything definitive online.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I’m trying to remember a mid-90s? computer game. It was one of those educational/arty games for kids with multiple modules.

The only module I can remember you would place moving colored spheres on a top-down fields. They would move with whatever momentum you gave them so you could get them going really fast. There were different fields with peaks and valleys that would make the spheres grow bigger or smaller as they moved. The whole thing had a real techno shiny CG vibe with a cool techno soundtrack

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ohhyeah posted:

I’m trying to remember a mid-90s? computer game. It was one of those educational/arty games for kids with multiple modules.

The only module I can remember you would place moving colored spheres on a top-down fields. They would move with whatever momentum you gave them so you could get them going really fast. There were different fields with peaks and valleys that would make the spheres grow bigger or smaller as they moved. The whole thing had a real techno shiny CG vibe with a cool techno soundtrack

Have you tried the 'help us remember the name of a computer game' thread?

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Thanks I’ll try over there too

Here’s a white whale I found for myself at the used bookstore. If you remember a picture book with little moomintroll-like creatures, that featured beautiful bontanical-style illustrations of the flora and fauna of the British countryside, you may have been thinking of Trouble for Trumpets: https://petercrossart.com/books/trumpets/trouble-for-trumpets

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

That sounds like The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain.

https://youtu.be/XNYMacWexJM

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm still trying to find this drat Pusheen sweater I missed out on. I can conceivably wear any size of this thing, but no one's giving it up secondhand.

I guess it hasn't been ages of searching, but it feels like it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Das Boo posted:

I'm still trying to find this drat Pusheen sweater I missed out on. I can conceivably wear any size of this thing, but no one's giving it up secondhand.

I guess it hasn't been ages of searching, but it feels like it.

Have you tried the women's fashion mega thread. Some extremely adept ladies over there.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

Komojo posted:

That sounds like The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain.

https://youtu.be/XNYMacWexJM

Dr Brain was a great game that I also loved, but SkeletonHero over in the games thread correctly ID’d it as Thinkin' Things!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Literally A Person posted:

Have you tried the women's fashion mega thread. Some extremely adept ladies over there.

I didn't know it existed. Thank you!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Post on live forums, discussion about lan party pic where the guy's duct taped to ceiling. Someone posted a link to a news article about it. Really just want to know what thread it was

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I tried in Cinema Discusso with no luck, maybe some Swedish GBS goons can help me figure out what movie this is.

It's a comedy about someone trying to make a movie for a film festival like Cannes. Through lies and cheats, they get a famous actor and tries to get him to have sex with a moose. Someone gets stabbed in the leg with a fork. Everyone masturbates while having fantasies about each other or the movie succeeding. In the end they win the award.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

evobatman posted:

I tried in Cinema Discusso with no luck, maybe some Swedish GBS goons can help me figure out what movie this is.

It's a comedy about someone trying to make a movie for a film festival like Cannes. Through lies and cheats, they get a famous actor and tries to get him to have sex with a moose. Someone gets stabbed in the leg with a fork. Everyone masturbates while having fantasies about each other or the movie succeeding. In the end they win the award.

Cries and Whispers

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

evobatman posted:

De Aristokrater?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

evobatman posted:

I Am Curious (Blue)

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The Good, The Ben, and The Älg Guy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Crossposting this request from the PYF thread:

Horseface posted:

Dusting off my account for the first time in a decade cuz this has been driving me nuts for years.

Does anyone have youngman.mp3? It was a Chinese? europop cover of YMCA that was completely unhinged, all pitch-shifted vocals and gunshots and general hilarity. It cut off after 90 seconds and even at the time nobody knew who made it or where to find the full version, it was just youngman.mp3 on Kazaa. It was a regular fixture on that radio show hosted by some British goon before gbs.fm existed (I think) and if anyone remembers that guy's name that's also been bugging me.

While I'm at it I'd also love the mp3 of some guy imitating crow calls that was the gas chamber soundtrack at one point.

We might have come up with the source for youngman.mp3 but if anyone knows the name of the British radio DJ or has a source for crow.mp3 that could help end a 10 year quest

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Does anyone have that picture of the woman with the huge hooters and also an owl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Does anyone remember this video posted on Vimeo about some space exploration in planets of our solar system. It cuts to since quick shots of people doing space sight seeing like in the rings of Saturn, flying in Mars on blimps and so on.

It was a really slick production and iirc the final shot had this lady on a sci Fi space suit smiling through her mask, but you could only see her eyes.

I used to rewatch this video now and again but I'm completely drawing a blank on it now. :(