Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

Nah not the original. New Tales

From Destructoids review. t/w Kinkshit

quote:

quote:

It pains me to even have to talk about this, but the people need to know. Episode 4 of New Tales from the Borderlands is full of weird kink/fetish poo poo. I’m no prude, and if there’s a place to make “edgy” sex jokes, Borderlands is the place to do it. But oh my god, nothing about it was funny, or cheeky, or enjoyable in any way. It was just awkward and gross and made me deeply, deeply uncomfortable.

That episode alone evoked pee stuff, milking, force feeding, restraints and domination, public humiliation, a robot fully just having a prolonged orgasm in front of everyone, and an anal rape joke about said robot getting STDs. That doesn’t include other instances like allusions to necrophilia, and one of the main characters openly stating she wants to have sex with her surrogate son on multiple occasions.
What the gently caress? What the actual gently caress?

None of the original writers from the first game have returned, as far as I can tell, so... yeeaaaaahhh

holy poo poo

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That is pretty Yikesaroo.

Tonight I get to enjoy Classic PS1 2D platforming again which I am very much looking forward to because this weekend is packed!
I am fully saying goodbye to my old place and doing the deep clean and trash removal all of Saturday and the morning of Sunday. Busy, busy!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Infinitum posted:

None of the original writers from the first game have returned, as far as I can tell, so... yeeaaaaahhh

They should never have hired that writer from Waypoint to do a Borderlands game

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

I was hoping it wouldn't be the case but it sure seems like they just took all the wrong things from the Telltale game, then gave it the good old Gearbox Borderlands joke quality. The one thing that basically everyone praised Tales for actually making good, against all odds.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

:psypop:

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Jerusalem posted:

Sad but not overly surprising. But nothing can change my memories of how wonderful the first game was. Let's remember the good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhuQ4GRzZc
Every time this video gets posted somewhere I end up watching the whole thing. That was such a great game.

I've never replayed a Telltale game, but I've really been feeling like going through this one again. Might have to do that again soon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's just frustrating to read that's the direction they've seeminly gone for as the original Tales is SO GOOD.

Seriously if you have not played it, and as we've just had a multi page discussion about visual novels, you are in for an absolute treat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

Oh huh. well then

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help I'm meant to be playing Mario + Rabbids, but I'm playing Marvel Snap cause it's legitimately really loving good and quick.

Each round takes like 3-5min max, and there's not really much pay-to-win nonsense.
Just play the game and unlock cards.

Ho ho ho, did somebody snap and think they'd hand me a garbage hand when we swapped on Turn 6, only to lose the mind game when I played a card to the lowest powered lane?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Infinitum posted:

Help I'm meant to be playing Mario + Rabbids, but I'm playing Marvel Snap cause it's legitimately really loving good and quick.

Each round takes like 3-5min max, and there's not really much pay-to-win nonsense.
Just play the game and unlock cards.

Ho ho ho, did somebody snap and think they'd hand me a garbage hand when we swapped on Turn 6, only to lose the mind game when I played a card to the lowest powered lane?

They gave Professor Bessie tenure...:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh47iBu9ckA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Best thing? That's literally how the game is played.

:allears:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Looter shooter The First Descendant is giving away beta keys if you just watch 15 minutes of a twitch stream. It's not my type of game, but hey for free I'll try it.

https://tfd.nexon.com/en/twitch-drops

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1583243087739953152?s=20&t=N1R7hAvB969UhYUM8cuNqg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Feeling very chuffed whenever I get Guess the Game on the first go, especially when it's a game I've never even seen before :clint:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I felt very proud when I got Okami on the first screenshot.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Arrrthritis posted:

Ah you made me think about Okami, thank you!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

:baduk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Arrrthritis posted:

My best was getting FF14 off a random bush and Death Stranding off a close-up of a cliff

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
sadly not surprised. I was like oh gently caress yeah sequel and when realizing that none of the telltale writers are on it, my reaction turned into oh gently caress no…

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is common/rare/epic/legendary loot in games borderlands fault or did something else make it popular

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

Is common/rare/epic/legendary loot in games borderlands fault or did something else make it popular

World of Warcraft

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

diablo

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Help Im Alive posted:

I would say Diablo probably started it and World of Warcraft made it standard

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Tabletop games started it I suppose. Diablo was probably what blew it up in video games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I doubt either of them were the first game ever to have loot tiers but wow definitely standardized the terms and colors

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo 2 in particular really brought loot drops into modern focus but the most insidious implementation of it at the time was Phantasy Star Online and the infamous SPECIAL WEAPON ???? red box.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

Diablo 2 in particular really brought loot drops into modern focus but the most insidious implementation of it at the time was Phantasy Star Online and the infamous SPECIAL WEAPON ???? red box.

PSO remains a top tier game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kids these days complaining about "grinding" for a new gun decal or whatever don't know the struggle, how about trying to get a Psycho Wand that was a literal 1/10,000 chance from a monster that appeared maybe 5-6 times in the entire dungeon depending on your Section ID.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Now I want the cow game. :smith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Now I want the cow game. :smith:

Yeah I also thought the parody game seemed more interesting than the one actually being promoted

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Just remembered they're also filming a Borderlands movie, and this cast shot photo is up

holy poo poo they actually put krieg in the movie

krieg is my favorite character of all time

can't wait to see how they ruin him

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How comfortable do you gotta be at your job that you think "yeah sex fetish stuff seems like the ticket for this video game aimed at general audiences"

Not envious of...that, but I'd like to be that comfortable.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The most generous interpretation is someone trying to go the extra mile and thinking anything that makes people uncomfortable must be good comedy because its pushing boundaries.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They saw how much mileage Rick and Morty was getting with its incest jokes and went all in.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kinda wish I could go back to not realizing I missed a post and wondering what you all were talking about.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly its not art if it doesnt include the creator's fetish

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/WendySnowRadish/status/1282342380637757440

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And yet the Horniest character of any of the fromsoft games by far, cant actually attack you