Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
All games are turn based, it is just the length that differs. ;)

Reminds me of someone telling me once you start clapping you never stop, the time inbetween claps just get longer. As a kid that blew my mind wide open.

Though I did enjoy the JRPG classification discussion if only because it gets me to look at how I do classification and essentially I think jRPG is broad and you need the extra parts at the beginning. Think genus and phylum and those kind of science extras.

At least, this is how my mind now does the classification thing. Sonic Mania and Castlevania Symphony of the Night are both primarily platformers, but Sonic Mania is a 2D Speed based platformer and Castlevania SOTN is a 2D exploration action platformer crossing ever so briefly into RPG due to equipment loadout.

And so on :)

Like a kind of family tree with loads of branches, all under the trunk of VIDEO GAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I am unreasonably excited for the re4 remake

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

VideoGames posted:

You insulted a large group of people who liked a specific game, after belittling people who might buy the Silent Hill 2 remaster for wasting money. All this in a single day of posting. You have to expect some posting pushback here.

I did expect pushback, said as much, but yeah okay fair enough. Sometimes it's hard to excise the attacks on 'dumbness' from my thoughts when really all I'm actually criticising is the mechanics of an impersonal marketplace, and that ends up being a direct criticism which some people take as about them personally, leading to slapfights which I feel like I didn't start because I thought I was slappin a product but actually I let a few shots go off in other directions.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 21, 2022

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
People tend to be pretty identified with their opinions, likes, dislikes, and all manner of things and will often take judgement of a thing they identify with as being judged themselves.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

roomtone posted:

I did expect pushback, said as much, but yeah okay fair enough. Sometimes it's hard to excise the attacks on 'dumbness' from my thoughts when really all I'm actually criticising is the mechanics of an impersonal marketplace, and that ends up being a direct criticism which some people take as about them personally, leading to slapfights which I feel like I didn't start because I thought I was slappin a product but actually I let a few shots go off in other directions.

That is OK. We do tease each other a ton here so it is not fully barred. It is not always what you say but the way you say it. You are well within your rights to dislike FFVIIremake and post about it. There are a lot of people who post here who do and post about it. There are also a lot of posters who love it and they will respond also. It is all part of the posting ballet. :)

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I liked FF7R but I also would have really liked a straight remaster where it's FF7 but with some QoL improvements and updated graphics.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cowman posted:

I liked FF7R but I also would have really liked a straight remaster where it's FF7 but with some QoL improvements and updated graphics.

Do u have a pc

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Do u have a pc

Who da fux posts in here as a PC gamer???

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

PlaystationCentral

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Vikar Jerome posted:

Do u have a pc

Yeah it's called my playstation console

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

PC/PS5/Switch game player here. :hai:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Re4r Ada is the same actress from the most recent movie lol

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

VideoGames posted:

Reminds me of someone telling me once you start clapping you never stop, the time inbetween claps just get longer. As a kid that blew my mind wide open.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

VideoGames posted:

PC/PS5/Switch game player here. :hai:

samesies

switch for casual stuff/party games

PC for Sims like skylines and xcom

console for character action

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Casnorf posted:

i got an email inviting me to a closed technical test for skull and bones and i am a bit worried i am going to receive a femur in the mail

If you want a femur, I can get you a femur.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

VideoGames posted:

All games are turn based, it is just the length that differs. ;)

A buddy once pointed out that every game is an auction game; it's just the currency that differs.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Blind Rasputin posted:

If you want a femur, I can get you a femur.

you act like i couldnt get a femur if i wanted a femur

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Gonna get REmake 4 and gonna be thankful I didn’t get any of the four thousand other versions that came out since the GameCube

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Aipsh posted:

Gonna get REmake 4 and gonna be thankful I didn’t get any of the four thousand other versions that came out since the GameCube

Same except I bought one for literally every console

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Aipsh posted:

Missing out on pointer/gyro controlled versions isn’t something you should be thankful for, they’re the best way to play RE4

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Gamespot already have a preview of GOW Ragnarok after playing for around five hours. It’s a no spoiler preview - but I won’t link it because I already regret listening to some of it.

Their consensus is: more GOW18 but better,

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I haven't played a COD in awhile... MW2 worth a pickup ?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The sneaking parks of Requiem seem a bit harder and more frustrating than the previous game. It's also just a pain in the rear end to kill most of the enemies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How far in are you? Around chapter six I've just started marching across the sneaking area obliterating anyone with five or six possible ways I can kill them in one hit.
I'm worried that knight guy isn't going to be with me permanently though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aipsh posted:

Gamespot already have a preview of GOW Ragnarok after playing for around five hours. It’s a no spoiler preview - but I won’t link it because I already regret listening to some of it.

Their consensus is: more GOW18 but better,

Does more GOW18 also include “the same palette swapped boss like 7 times” or did they not say

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Disco elysium is the best jrpg.

Where’s the shield in Tunic?? I don’t know where to go, or I get owned by the spear guy with the long robes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

Does more GOW18 also include “the same palette swapped boss like 7 times” or did they not say

Not according to the previews I've read, there are unique minibosses now

What it does mean is that it's still thoroughly a PS4 game, with all that entails (like squeezing through cracks to hide load points)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Same except I bought one for literally every console

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The bad guys are a lot easier to kill in Requiem imho, especially since Amicia can fight back a little and re-enter stealth if you get away. There's also many ways to make them get eaten by rats, so many ways.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've only bought RE4 three times which in retrospect could be worse

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I think I might have bought Resident Evil 4 as many times as I've bought Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Maybe. It's probably close. I don't want to count.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new one just won't be the same without a wiimote...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bows1 posted:

I haven't played a COD in awhile... MW2 worth a pickup ?
The campaign is pretty but nothing special. That's all that's out right now. The rest of the game comes out next week. The multiplayer beta kicked rear end though, so I'm really looking forward to playing a lot more of it when it gets released.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Trying to think of games ive bought multiple copies of. Ive bought chrono trigger 3 times (SNES, ps1, ds), ff6 3 times (SNES, ps1, gba)

Cant think of any games ive bought 4 times... until the pixel remasters come out on console..

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I probably bought Brood War at least 4 times because I moved around a lot as a teenager and kept losing the install discs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I am unreasonably excited for the re4 remake

That gameplay video was fuckin awesome

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bought Kentucky Route Zero and Rayman Legends three times apiece

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I have never bought a resident evil

I played 7 only on steam, but it was gifted

my hands are clean

I've seen every Resident Evil movie in theaters

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have like 5 copies of vice city/san andreas by now and almost as many of GTA V lol gently caress you rockstar release a new game already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

I have never bought a resident evil

I played 7 only on steam, but it was gifted

my hands are clean

I've seen every Resident Evil movie in theaters

That's hosed up