Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
the utter embarrassment of saying, how can you spoil things which are now freely available. how dare you, you didn't pay for that.

agh whatever, i guess i'll be back in a couple of days when everyone has legally and very normally consumed the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I mean, you could of just come to the spoiler thread where it's fine to talk about this stuff, but you be you man.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you goofball! behave!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
wow how about that ep 9. are these targs gonna get their poo poo together or what.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

roomtone posted:

the utter embarrassment of saying, how can you spoil things which are now freely available. how dare you, you didn't pay for that.

agh whatever, i guess i'll be back in a couple of days when everyone has legally and very normally consumed the episode.

Everything ok at home?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

mweber posted:

Everything ok at home?

my eyes are boggling around the room. 'he watched a leaked episode, and posted about it. his entire life must be devastation'

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I think it's more that you decided to single sentence triple post on a Friday morning like you were posting in a live watch LOST thread in 2007, while watching a leak you torrented while everyone else was at work.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Big daemon CRISTON? energy

whalestory fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 21, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I think it's more that you decided to single sentence triple post on a Friday morning like you were posting in a live watch LOST thread in 2007, while watching a leak you torrented while everyone else was at work.

i was hyped what do you want from me

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

roomtone posted:

Less

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I hope everybody enjoys the upcoming episode. I for one intend towatch it with a nice beer and then switch out my binge sub for prime to see if rings of power sucks poo poo as much as annoying nerds online say

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

roomtone posted:

Dude, I don't even care about spoilers, never have.

But this was just blatantly so rude. There's absolutely no way you didn't know it would annoy the absolute poo poo out of everyone but you did it anyway.

I'm from the bad thread. I recreationally spoiled people for years, and I think you're being an rear end in a top hat here. I think the people who really care about spoilers are kind of silly because it doesn't really matter, but it matters to them and at least trying to not ruin their poo poo is a very basic level of respect that you can show to another person.

Do you also poo poo in your neighbors' garden and just say you really had to go? What the gently caress.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
someone post the drat torrent gently caress jeff bezos or whoever owns hbo

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Leave roomtone alone!!!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

Dude, I don't even care about spoilers, never have.

But this was just blatantly so rude. There's absolutely no way you didn't know it would annoy the absolute poo poo out of everyone but you did it anyway.

I'm from the bad thread. I recreationally spoiled people for years, and I think you're being an rear end in a top hat here. I think the people who really care about spoilers are kind of silly because it doesn't really matter, but it matters to them and at least trying to not ruin their poo poo is a very basic level of respect that you can show to another person.

Do you also poo poo in your neighbors' garden and just say you really had to go? What the gently caress.

i assumed we were all watching it at the same time and posted my immediate reactions imagining other people would do the same. they didn't because leaks are evil or something, like this is a failure of society somehow. fine. i edited all the immediate reponses out of the posts so they aren't there anymore. doesn't change the fact an increasing number of people in this thread have seen the episode and just need to not talk about it because there are a few who are exactly tuned in enough to follow a chat thread about it but too pious to just watch the drat leak.

the cristen coles.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I will watch the episode when I want, dude

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Dude, it's 2pm on the East Coast on a Friday. I'd wager that 90% of the people here are not torrenting, but are at work, posting while making GBS threads on company time.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

mweber posted:

What’s sporting life like for the average Kingslanding resident? Are there rec leagues? Are sporting events limited to tournaments? Did the Targs ever put on dragon games?

orphan fighting apparantly

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

sad question posted:

I will watch the episode when I want, dude

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I don’t even watch this show on Sunday when it airs. Not all of us are f5ing incelpiratebay.com looking for leaked tv shows. But of course you know that and are simply being a bitch and not owning your trolling

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
then we'll enjoy your thoughts on wednesday

what exactly is the argument here. i saw it first and that's annoying? i'm a cheater? it's a tv show. if you want to go in Pure then don't open this thread because it rolls over so many aspects of this poo poo you would really be better off not knowing. loving hell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's certainly annoying.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

roomtone posted:

what exactly is the argument here. i saw it first and that's annoying?

People who watch the show later than airing know not to read the thread from airtime until after they watch. They do not know idiots will post big spoilers ahead of time.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

roomtone posted:

what exactly is the argument here. i saw it first and that's annoying? i'm a cheater? it's a tv show. if you want to go in Pure then don't open this thread because it rolls over so many aspects of this poo poo you would really be better off not knowing. loving hell.

It seems reasonable to expect for there to be spoilery chat when the episode has aired, yeah. But if it airs in an unexpected fashion, people might wander into the thread unawares.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typo posted:

orphan fighting apparantly

AND fantasy orphan fighting

You know Aegon is the type who wants to be commissioner so he can veto everybody else's trades

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

roomtone posted:

i assumed we were all watching it at the same time and posted my immediate reactions imagining other people would do the same. they didn't because leaks are evil or something, like this is a failure of society somehow. fine. i edited all the immediate reponses out of the posts so they aren't there anymore. doesn't change the fact an increasing number of people in this thread have seen the episode and just need to not talk about it because there are a few who are exactly tuned in enough to follow a chat thread about it but too pious to just watch the drat leak.

the cristen coles.

bro it was like 11am on a workday for most of us, no one is moralizing over it we just don't want a livereact to something we won't be able to watch for a while.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He knew what he was doing then and he knows what he's doing now.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
well whatever, i'll just leave it at that. bunch of people claiming outrage once again at what was just a slight social faux pas, and arguable if it even was one. i'm sure couple people will pick out a little phrase i said in some post as a reason to keep this going but i'm just gonna not post for a bit because i think we've all had enough and i'll see you bitches on monday morning.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 21, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Look, man, there's is a time and a place for this kind of bad posting behavior.

It's right now in the GBS Red Letter Media thread.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The TVIV rules explicitly state that leaked episodes count as spoilers

There's also a rule about not bragging if you pirate a show early. :buddy:

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
He knows exactly what he was doing based on his posts here and in the spoiler thread where he also posts. He doesn't like the show and is trying to "gee golly guys, I didn't know I'd offend you" while laughing about trying to ruin the show for others. His posts have been reported and I suggest putting him on ignore since he's basically said he doesn't like the show and is trying to make this thread miserable with his posting.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Like many are saying, this has nothing to do with the morality of grabbing a torrent, fuckin nimrods. Nobody, not a single person is clutching their pearls and saying 'OMG PIRACY!' for gently caress's sake.

There are two threads for discussing the show, this one is spoiler free which, as far as conventional wisdom is concerned, means not posting future information about a show before the air date.

I know part of the charm of these forums is posting like you have a weeping head wound, but seriously, please.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Anonymous Zebra posted:

He knows exactly what he was doing based on his posts here and in the spoiler thread where he also posts. He doesn't like the show and is trying to "gee golly guys, I didn't know I'd offend you" while laughing about trying to ruin the show for others. His posts have been reported and I suggest putting him on ignore since he's basically said he doesn't like the show and is trying to make this thread miserable with his posting.

oh gently caress off. what a bunch of lies. you think i'm some kind of troll mastermind? i have no idea what i'm doing, i just accidentally walk into this poo poo and i posted in the other thread because they weren't biting my head off. okay that's actually the last post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

:gas:

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Smokey, this is not ‘Nam. This is posting. There are rules.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I myself dabbled in non-spoiling once, not in Nam of course.

sad question
May 30, 2020

You are wrong, Walter. You're just an rear end in a top hat.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

roomtone had a pretty good run of not making really dumb posts but i guess they must've gotten bored with it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

sunday, roomtone, is shabbos, the hater's day of posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

honesty i'm just amazed that 15 year olds were still joining these dead gay forums in 2021 and trying to troll like it's 2002