Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I remember that year and it was horrible for genre TV not even counting gays getting slayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

2016 was a pretty poo poo year in general, although it's funny to look back at how we all thought it was unusually lovely rather than just the start of an eternally burning pile of feces that would get napalmed in 2020.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

MikeJF posted:

2016 was a pretty poo poo year in general, although it's funny to look back at how we all thought it was unusually lovely rather than just the start of an eternally burning pile of feces that would get napalmed in 2020.

Look on the bright side: every year going forward is the best year of the rest of your life!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

There Bias Two posted:

2016 Great Lesbian Death Wave sounds like an incredible angel name

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

MikeJF posted:

The time compression of 2016-2020 is absolutely insane.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

OPAONI posted:

The time compression of 2016-2020 is absolutely insane.

Sure, but it doesn't even hold a candle to the eternal 2020 of the present

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

"Bury your gays" is plural, so Operant can avoid it by burying just one.

Also she wasn't buried! She was vaporized by a sword.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

And you can't say she was fridged because Jagganoth obliterated the power grid.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this is a good comic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zaid: VOTE!
Allison: This doesn't matter, none of this matters

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
zaid this is even dorkier than the naruto run

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The new main character everyone

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Turns out Allison's struggle that was a terrible fire that only grew as she passed it to others was her grappling with being a huge loving nerd.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

zaid this is even dorkier than the naruto run

Talk no Justu is a formidable technique in the right hands.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Zaid:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Breakfast or Suffering? Which way, western woman?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
A+ expressions on Alison in these strips, even moreso how they resemble Jadis’s

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
^^ her Jadis smile is so great and miserable it's heartbreaking

Cowcaster posted:

this is a good comic

i can't really deal with how good this comic consistently is

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

this loving owns, goddamn

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Allison has accepted that being an anime hero is a dumb and self destructive thing for an adult to aspire to be, while Zaid is desperately trying to remind her that she is actually in an anime.

Also pretty cool that they're clearly showing off their evolution into iterations of Zoss and Jadis through their expressions.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's worth noting that, while the golden age Zoss created may not have been permanent, it still existed and may have even rocked

I don't know if I can entirely dismiss Zaid and the other fighters' perspective that things can be worth fighting for right now in the setting.

this is part of what's making this conversation so drat good

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm really excited to see where we go with this next section. What is the thing that will give Allison a reason to move forward?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Part two!

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1583554026624278528

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 21, 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I'm really excited to see where we go with this next section. What is the thing that will give Allison a reason to move forward?
I feel like the quote Zaid gave is a bit odd given the circumstances even though I agree stagnation is not the answer here. Pushing forward itself doesn't break infinity it just keeps you moving along the endless expanse. And with the metaphor of the wheel it just means you wind up returning to where you started.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Do a barrel roll

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Brought To You By posted:

I feel like the quote Zaid gave is a bit odd given the circumstances even though I agree stagnation is not the answer here. Pushing forward itself doesn't break infinity it just keeps you moving along the endless expanse. And with the metaphor of the wheel it just means you wind up returning to where you started.

wondering if the quotation marks are emphasizing that he's just throwing those words around like a fool waving someone else's sword

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Maybe it's a cutting motion?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

It isn't odd, when he was the one that got the key, he didn't break the wheel and we are seeing why.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

So what are the odds that Allison is actually still in pieces in bed, steadily becoming more and more of a semi-corpse like Jadis, and this is just her "ghost" talking via whatever local magic Jadis is using to manifest?

That "withered, exsanguinated husk" line just seems too on the nose...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't think that this is a dream, hoax, or imaginary story.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

It isn't odd, when he was the one that got the key, he didn't break the wheel and we are seeing why.

I don't think Zaid has been in a previous timeline wielding the key, but you are still correct he was the intended candidate so him spouting the shonen action hero lines without the awareness of it's flaw. Makes sense.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Even if the previous successors weren't Zaid, they were Zaids.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Lead out in cuffs posted:

That "withered, exsanguinated husk" line just seems too on the nose...

it's probably because she got like half her limbs cut off and left to bleed out once already

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't think that this is a dream, hoax, or imaginary story.

I don't think Cuffs was suggesting that any of this wasn't happening, just that the Allison we're looking at isn't her real body. Which I suppose is a possibility.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

M_Gargantua posted:

Do a barrel roll

meti tried that, just made her nauseous

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Even if the previous successors weren't Zaid, they were Zaids.

What if instead Zoss chose someone named Diaz instead?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The book is "Breaker of Infinities" so we just got our title drop. IIRC the past title drops have been from Zoss, so those words being in Zaid's mouth is evidence for him being Zoss.

Also, man, Allison. That is some serious existential angst.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

hes not zoss!! the universes are filled with guys like zoss! you can find them in almost every single shounen manga. thats the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

All he can see is what is in front of him, and that's Allison.