Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
veni veni, HCI,
Casnorf the limerick guy,
Esco, BP, fridge corn, Fix,
Bust got mad and then upped sticks

We didn’t start the fire!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the way bust quit the thread was epic, it's like he quit out of love and i'll always remember it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

History Comes Inside! posted:

The solution I proposed is developers just add a goddamn difficulty option.

Like I said, the onus currently feels like it’s unfairly on the player to work around systems developers have chosen to impose on them, despite the fact that theres absolutely no detriment to anybody at all if they added difficulty options to a single player game.

I’m not asking for them to give me a bunch of advantages in online play against other players, I just want to be able to play my offline single player games.

I hadn’t thought about a difficulty slider wrt iframes. That would be very interesting, but maybe not possible unless a game was completely designed around that idea. In any case I’m totally on board for such a thing!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the bust who cried wolf

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Escobarbarian posted:

veni veni, HCI,
Casnorf the limerick guy,
Esco, BP, fridge corn, Fix,
Bust got mad and then upped sticks

We didn’t start the fire!!

In it, voted 1.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

I hadn’t thought about a difficulty slider wrt iframes. That would be very interesting, but maybe not possible unless a game was completely designed around that idea. In any case I’m totally on board for such a thing!

One interesting idea I've seen proposed is a system setting for running games at a slower speed to account for slower reaction times. No need for in-game support if you make a given iframe last longer in wall clock time.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i got a whole line!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

liquidypoo posted:

Man veni and HCI need to stop bickering and just bone down already

kissyface emoji kissyface emoji

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

steal my heart

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I played up to the end of the first dungeon and ok yeah……game’s fuckin good. I definitely don’t like the anime perv poo poo or the terrible cat character but there’s so much other excellent stuff going on, from the visual style to the structure to the fun battle mechanics, that override my dislike for those elements

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I played up to the end of the first dungeon and ok yeah……game’s fuckin good. I definitely don’t like the anime perv poo poo or the terrible cat character but there’s so much other excellent stuff going on, from the visual style to the structure to the fun battle mechanics, that override my dislike for those elements

soundtrack pretty dope too

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i'm still reading the thread like

i didn't die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
really hoping atreus’ va pushes the envelope a little more in ragnarok, I’m back at his “I’m rude now” phase in the reboot and he’s not selling these lines at all

he always talks in this monotone rush like he’s afraid of stammering if he slows down

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
I kind of liked that. It's how I would probably talk if Kratos was looking at me.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I started up RE7 through PS4 collection of games that PSN gives access to and I’m enjoying it quite a bit. Enough to buy a disc copy to get the PS5 version update, which I almost never do.

There’s something about this spooky house that I can’t get enough of, this REnaissance we’re in right now rules. I’m assuming that my PS4 save should work fine in the PS5 version, I didn’t have any trouble with my save the the PS5 update for RE2 dropped. And if it doesn’t I’ll just play it again on the PS5 version :dance:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This might be the worst thread in games.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Escobarbarian posted:

They might have changed it a bit in Royal but that loving cat telling me to go to bed at 8pm really pissed me off. I go to bed when I want dammit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hector Delgado posted:

They might have changed it a bit in Royal but that loving cat telling me to go to bed at 8pm really pissed me off. I go to bed when I want dammit

The main change is that you can now do in-cafe activities like studying or making tools the night after you visit a dungeon

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Co-sign

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ll drink to that

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
sorry if this is a repetitive bullshit post. as a new PS5 owner, i'm wondering if there is any consensus on the best 4K TVs to take advantage of the PS5? my existing TV is just 1080p, i never really cared before because i don't watch a lot of blu-ray movies so i didn't have much 4K signal to feed the TV

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

DELETE CASCADE posted:

sorry if this is a repetitive bullshit post. as a new PS5 owner, i'm wondering if there is any consensus on the best 4K TVs to take advantage of the PS5? my existing TV is just 1080p, i never really cared before because i don't watch a lot of blu-ray movies so i didn't have much 4K signal to feed the TV

Whatever the latest LG C-etc is. I have a LG CG X and it’s amazing. I understand there’s several models ahead of it now.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

man nurse posted:

Whatever the latest LG C-etc is. I have a LG CG X and it’s amazing. I understand there’s several models ahead of it now.

2nding this, I have an LG CX and goddamn I love my tv.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
word ok that was one of the options i saw so glad to hear it's goon approved

e: not trying to start some TV derail, happy to get some quick opinions

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I bought an LG C1 after learning about it first from someone in this thread and doing some research. It’s really great.

I preordered Modern Warfare 2 (albeit for series X) and I’m pretty impressed with the campaign so far I’m about 10 missions in give or take.

The gun feel and sound design are terrific
Graphically it is sexy
The missions have been varied and exciting

I like schlocky action movies hoorah poo poo and it is scratching that itch

The voice acting is great

I bought it as a way to get back into gaming with some cross country pals and was pleasantly surprised to be liking the campaign as much as I have been

Didn’t get in on the beta so I am excited to check online play out next week

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I like reading this thread when I get time during the day and before bed and value the hours of enjoyment it has given me

From Vgs eternal optimism and sheer love for gaming to thread regulars slicing and dicing with well thought out and sometimes oppositional opinions on games I have never and may never play

Gaming is great and reading about gaming from gamers on this dead forum is great too

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

2nding this, I have an LG CX and goddamn I love my tv.

Hell yeah LG CX bros

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SilkyP posted:

I bought an LG C1 after learning about it first from someone in this thread and doing some research. It’s really great.

I preordered Modern Warfare 2 (albeit for series X) and I’m pretty impressed with the campaign so far I’m about 10 missions in give or take.

The gun feel and sound design are terrific
Graphically it is sexy
The missions have been varied and exciting

I like schlocky action movies hoorah poo poo and it is scratching that itch

The voice acting is great

I bought it as a way to get back into gaming with some cross country pals and was pleasantly surprised to be liking the campaign as much as I have been

Didn’t get in on the beta so I am excited to check online play out next week

Can’t wait to play this!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Such a shame there’s nothing you can do about it except for complain :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

You'll never see it comiiiiiiiiiin

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/CallistoTheGame/status/1583618965762285571?cxt=HHwWhoCpnePDkvorAAAA

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

wow, so i just remembered i do have Inscryption on steam, so I started playing it yesterday. I thought drat I'm awful at this game lmao, and then I remembered how it gave me the same feeling of getting better as I die once or twice as I did in Returnal and persisted. I have to say though, the squirrel totem with the ant sigil is way way overpowered and then I hit the squirrel totem with the undying sigil and almost everything became a cakewalk after, it's nuts how good i was doing. I got to the The Moon card and thought, oh there is no way that having a player card with a poison sigil would literally kill the moon in one shot, right? ....oh god it did what on earth. I managed to luck myself in a previous run getting the dagger and the sigil eye, then the film reel and now... i'm in pokemon????

I never played that game is this going to be difficult

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As someone who loves single player action horror games I feel like I was done dirty for years, but the last few years have really made up for it and the end of 2022 and early 2023 are just filled with more goodness.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

wow, so i just remembered i do have Inscryption on steam, so I started playing it yesterday. I thought drat I'm awful at this game lmao, and then I remembered how it gave me the same feeling of getting better as I die once or twice as I did in Returnal and persisted. I have to say though, the squirrel totem with the ant sigil is way way overpowered and then I hit the squirrel totem with the undying sigil and almost everything became a cakewalk after, it's nuts how good i was doing. I got to the The Moon card and thought, oh there is no way that having a player card with a poison sigil would literally kill the moon in one shot, right? ....oh god it did what on earth. I managed to luck myself in a previous run getting the dagger and the sigil eye, then the film reel and now... i'm in pokemon????

I never played that game is this going to be difficult

If you make your own deck it might be pretty challenging, but using the auto complete option will make crazy good decks for you if you want to go that route.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

roomtone posted:

i think i can save you about 120 hours and tell you persona 5 isn't very good. first chapter is okay but it just meanders forever and has some weird anime poo poo later. when i went into it i was very ready to submerse myself in these japaneese teens lives, but then it was kinda boring, creepy and at the end, made no sense at all.

Agreed op. your resident evil posts suck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the way bust quit the thread was epic, it's like he quit out of love and i'll always remember it

what happened. Wish he’d quit the forums also. Total freak.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Oh drat vikar was right about the Annapurna silent hill game.

Oxxidation posted:

really hoping atreus’ va pushes the envelope a little more in ragnarok, I’m back at his “I’m rude now” phase in the reboot and he’s not selling these lines at all

he always talks in this monotone rush like he’s afraid of stammering if he slows down

They actually were worried about the kid’s voice getting deeper and were trying to hurry up and finish his lines before he hit puberty. I doubt it had anything to do with what you mentioned about the way he says some of his lines, but I think Cory barlog did say that they couldn’t go back and re-record anything after a certain point because of that.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 22, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mr Hootington posted:

Fitting for the worst console in games(' history)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thnak you fridge corn and esco for what you achieved