Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

blizz are cowards desperately holding mercy back with the slow weapon swap speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

baptiste might be the best squishy 1v1 duelist in the entire game

up to 500 effective health pool, 150 of that can't be headshot and will usually get overkilled, and can 2-tap squishies lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
man i loving wish i could land ANY shots with Bishop

i sneak one headshot kill on an enemy healer per game but i healed 10k so maybe its ok idk i wish i could shoot better with him

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's so hard to shoot with baptiste b/c you're constantly having to flickshot healing and lamps and doing 180s for your dumb teammates who insist on playing way behind the baptiste and frontline

it's immensely easier to land a shot when your crosshair is already next to your target

if you're allowed to focus on just shooting (e.g. deathmatch) he's a dps beast

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
On widow chat - she actually owns. Especially if you’re decent at aiming on console and know not to hardscope and keep shifting around. 50 eliminations in a comp match from pressing R2 on people’s heads can’t be beat

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
If anyone is looking for some newb healers/tank my gf and I are looking for some games.

Currently getting destroyed in pub unranked matches and would like to change that.

Add us please! Name is the same as on here, Harminoff#1809

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 22, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Harminoff posted:

If anyone is looking for some newb healers/tank my gf and I are looking for some games.

Currently getting destroyed in pub unranked matches and would like to change that.

Add us please! Name is the same as on here, Harminoff

add me VerbalEnema #1334
e: anyone add me im always on

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Just added my bnet name on that discord server, makes sense as a place to coordinate

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

comedyblissoption posted:

blizz are cowards desperately holding mercy back with the slow weapon swap speed

Let her swap to her weapon instantly while still healing/boosting but because she's now holding her staff with one hand it does 50% less heal/boost.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Two games in a row I've outhealed the other team's healers as Zen if you take away my transcendence healing and QP kids are crying about healing in both.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Just Chamber posted:

Widow sucks and in a game that's supposed to be about teamwork I genuinely can't understand the thinking of putting a hero into a game that has one thing they can do, what they can do is unfun to play against, and they are encouraged to play miles away from their team. Apart from Blizzard just being lazy and thinking well we have to have a sniper in the game.

Yeah, she has always been the character that has belonged in the game the least.

From an OW1 standpoint, the game was for most of its lifespan, less of a shooter and more of a 1st person MOBA, so when you have a character that is 90%+ straight out of a shooter in a game that is mostly game sense, teamwork, and ability/ult usage, she just feels out of place.

OW2 feels a lot more like a shooter, but its probably more like half/half now instead of overwhelmingly in one direction. I think widow fits better than before, but still is probably the odd hero out overall.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Tough string of losses today in comp as support queue, second batch ended up going 7-6. Started the night from previous sesssion's 5-2 record, won first match to go 6-2, lost 4 straight and then won the next for 7th win. Still ranked up, Silver 4 to Silver 2. Though I'm wondering if I didn't get those 4 losses and got the 7th win right away if it would've put in me in maybe Gold 5 instead. Or is going from Silver 4 to Gold 5 too big of a jump?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Harminoff posted:

Add us please! Name is the same as on here, Harminoff#1809

join our random discord ill group w yall

e: check my post history in this thread for link

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

teagone posted:

Tough string of losses today in comp as support queue, second batch ended up going 7-6. Started the night from previous sesssion's 5-2 record, won first match to go 6-2, lost 4 straight and then won the next for 7th win. Still ranked up, Silver 4 to Silver 2. Though I'm wondering if I didn't get those 4 losses and got the 7th win right away if it would've put in me in maybe Gold 5 instead. Or is going from Silver 4 to Gold 5 too big of a jump?

Silver 4 to Gold 5 would be a 400 point jump. You are looking at usually 20-30 point changes per game, unless you are absolutely clowning everyone at your rank multiple games in a row. So, yeah, that is a pretty unrealistic jump. You'd need to go 7-0 and be clowning pretty hard.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BabyRyoga posted:

Silver 4 to Gold 5 would be a 400 point jump. You are looking at usually 20-30 point changes per game, unless you are absolutely clowning everyone at your rank multiple games in a row. So, yeah, that is a pretty unrealistic jump. You'd need to go 7-0 and be clowning pretty hard.

Ahh ok, cool. Thanks for leveling my expectations. Going up two ranks from Silver 4 to Silver 2 after turning in a 7-6 record doesn't seem so bad then.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It’d be cool if All Roles had even an outside shot of anything other than support.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

leftist heap posted:

It’d be cool if All Roles had even an outside shot of anything other than support.

It happens occasionally in QP. Even got tank once in comp.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker
Re: Payload chat.

There actually is a UI element to this from OW1. The more arrows there are, the faster it’s going.

On Payload maps, each person on the payload adds an arrow up to a max of 3. There are diminishing returns for each person, however.

On Push maps, the max is one arrow while pushing, and two arrows while moving the bot back to the barrier to push. You only ever need one person to get these arrows.

I don’t remember for Control Points. I believe it’s one person for max speed as well, but I know in OW1 they also messed up the defense spawns if you had more people on it for a long enough period of time. They may or may not have changed that, as it feels harder to stall.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zedd posted:

So what did the symm do here ? :v:

Dva plopped down the ult in front of the enemy team, to make them think they could hide from it, and I teleported the ult behind them.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aipsh posted:

:Edit: despite all this, it’s given me an excuse to properly play with Mercy’s new movement tech, which is really cool and realise that baptiste can be a killing machine once you’ve got some good aiming practice in

I wish Blizzard would have revamped the training field to provide actual guided practice for this, or provided targets that reflect actual gameplay like a Pharah-bot floating through the air.

poo poo like this would provide a better New Player Experience than just slapping on a hero lock and calling it a day

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I'm swinging around to the idea that DPS is potentially the most impactful role, at least in poo poo tier. I've been mostly flex queueing and getting support 95% of the time, and it's great being able to keep your team up... until they get overexcited after a team fight win, trickle to the enemy spawn door and die one at a time while you try to keep at least some of them alive and spam GROUP UP! GROUP UP! Or go and flank but never, ever pull back until they die and then repeat.

And tank is cool for controlling the flow of the game... until it isn't because no matter where you play from your team is only 2/5 doing their roles and you aren't getting heals.

But DPS, you just put your crosshair on the enemy DPS and you kill them, and then you put your crosshair on the enemy heals and you kill them, and then you kill the tank, and then your team wanders vaguely objectivewise uncontested. I mean, obviously I'm downplaying the team contribution. But in the worst case scenario it's literally like they're nothing but ult charge for the enemy team. And that's all too frequent.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jack B Nimble posted:

I believe it was faster in TF2and maybe it's just created a myth?

https://youtu.be/pdO9uKpzaYU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tank is the most impactful role in probably every tier just b/c they are the most powerful character

a tank not regrouping properly is much worse and more impactful than a dps not regrouping

smug pedant
Feb 15, 2020

by sebmojo
Any ideas why my queues on xbox are literally 4x as long as on Switch? Same bnet account and both are cross platform enabled but if I want to play RIGHT NOW the only option is my Switch.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Hell yeah getting that 15,000 healing challenge with mercy in a single game woo

Also we won which is good too

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

tank is the most impactful role in probably every tier just b/c they are the most powerful character

a tank not regrouping properly is much worse and more impactful than a dps not regrouping

I just started queueing tank just because Im sick of running into tanks that just stand in the middle of the road getting lit up. Seems like there is a lot of room for improvement in the tank role right now. Now if I could only get over my rein addiction. He is so fun to rampage around with.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just started playing on console and these unranked matches are always a) really fun or b) complete clusterfucks. Nothing in between. I am playing support and whenever the tank just runs ahead to die 1 on 3 my heart sinks. Really enjoying the game though, never played OW before.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Hell yeah.

If you want more clusterfucks, may I recommend Mystery heroes?
Best dam mode in the game.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

smug pedant posted:

Any ideas why my queues on xbox are literally 4x as long as on Switch? Same bnet account and both are cross platform enabled but if I want to play RIGHT NOW the only option is my Switch.

Bad luck or one is somehow connecting to a different region? I play on both and can’t say I’ve noticed much difference.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I do appreciate the fact that they’re putting “Control Maps” and “Hybrid Maps” as arcade modes. It’s a good way to finish the daily challenges

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Gotta love when you queue for a game, get in, and first thing you see is the defeat screen. Fun times!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Mega Comrade posted:

Lol I think I just got this. 70% win rate in the promos, bronze 5 babay!

Wonder how much ow1 ranks play into this. I lost my first 3-4 games starting rank this week on my alt. Got placed into gold 2. Just made diamond earlier today. My account has been between diamond and masters in ow1.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Harminoff posted:

Gotta love when you queue for a game, get in, and first thing you see is the defeat screen. Fun times!

Yea it's pure garbage. Someone itt said well you get xp and it doesnt count as a loss so its no biggie. Screw that, it's can take multiple minutes to get into a match and who cares about xp or loss record in qp?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It’s a lovely hold over from OW1 where QP/arcade games would keep the same players and lobby from the previous, so joining into a defeat screen didn’t matter much because the next map would just load and you wouldn’t have to queue again. Now, it dumps you back to the Home Screen every game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

Yea it's pure garbage. Someone itt said well you get xp and it doesnt count as a loss so its no biggie. Screw that, it's can take multiple minutes to get into a match and who cares about xp or loss record in qp?

getting dropped into an in-progress match puts you into a priority requeue for that same role, so you've at least got a significantly smaller wait after

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I mean it sucks if it's 3 min left but whatever. That round was literally 2 sec left

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
gently caress support, gently caress everything about playing support. Four straight games with zero peels and zero help from the other support (including three where they healed less than 2k, which is seemingly loving impossible). I'd rather swallow a fistful of cyanide tablets than play support again, gently caress it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

surf rock posted:

gently caress support, gently caress everything about playing support. Four straight games with zero peels and zero help from the other support (including three where they healed less than 2k, which is seemingly loving impossible). I'd rather swallow a fistful of cyanide tablets than play support again, gently caress it

This is why I'm trying to get good at Kiriko, her escape is unparalleled and she isnt scummy like Moira

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moira isn't the hero we deserve but she's the hero the team of idiot randos needs right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Runa posted:

Moira isn't the hero we deserve but she's the hero the team of idiot randos needs right now

So she can dump out shrug off damage and run out of healing in 3 seconds? Bap, or Ana is who you want to play to carry as support. Zen and Kiri too if you can hit heads with projectiles.