Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bloodstained ftw though

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

Lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mbt posted:

Hit. Cruiser.

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

20. Resident Evil: Dead Aim

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oih yeah, same. resident evil dead aim

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
cultic - 'very hard' difficulty, kind of short but the levels were fun, only complaints were some of the enemies were practically hitscan and almost impossible to maneuver around but that might have been balanced by the tolerance they gave you for long distance headshots. glad they took the doom route and made most of the guns viable for different scenarios but the open areas felt limited to picking enemies off at a distance

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Resident Evil: Dead Aim

Cool concept of mixing survival horror with light gun shooting. But there's some tension between them in the awkward controls and the fact that your limited ammo and health incentivize you to run past enemies instead of experiencing the shooting gameplay. The dodge mechanic also felt off, like there wasn't enough indication of when to push the button and it was harder to dodge regular zombies than special enemies

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Forza Horizon 5

All base game achievements, including owning all the houses, completing all of the playlist for a month, and winning the eliminator
Won all races
Completed all adventure and expedition events
3 starred all base game story chapters
3 starred all speed traps, danger signs, speed zones, trailblazers, and drift zones
Smashed all 250 boards
Drove every road

I shoulda had this done back at the beginning of the year but i played it so hard i was already near burnt out and then they patched the game so it was much harder to earn money and my final achievement was buying the castle home lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

Forza Horizon 5

3 starred all speed traps, danger signs, speed zones, trailblazers, and drift zones
drat that’s insane. This is the one that always keeps me from trying to 100% them. Winning all the races is easy enough to knock out a few every night, but the stunt things are legitimately hard.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah wow, great job EHB! That must've taken ages

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

drat that’s insane. This is the one that always keeps me from trying to 100% them. Winning all the races is easy enough to knock out a few every night, but the stunt things are legitimately hard.

i did all the accolades that require doing the stunts with specific cars as well, but havent done that with the races because of the money thing

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Frenz posted:

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Went back and beat this on Professional difficulty (3 lives.) Sardius BTFO and suffocated by my nutsack.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
36. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

It would have been cool to have a 3DS version of this.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelations. Unfortunately some pacing issues and the sky-high encounter rate necessitated by the job advancement system drag it down, which is a shame because it's otherwise fantastic. The Dragon Quest gameplay is as great as ever, I liked what the story did with the real world vs the dream world, and I think it may have my favorite characters in the series so far--my main team through most of the game was the hero, Carver, Milly, and Ashlynn, replacing Ashlynn with Lizzie towards the end, and I really loved all of those characters and was constantly mashing the party chat button to see what they had to say about everything. Lizzie especially was a standout, it was nice having a monster companion with more of a personality than they usually get and a lot of her dialogue was charming or made me laugh. I've been playing the series in order since the first and so far every game has been better than the one before it; I think this one broke that streak but that's saying more about how legendary 5 is, not to say anything negative about this one because I still really enjoyed all my 70+ hours with it.

I think it's too late to start a new game tonight but I'm looking forward to starting DQ7 tomorrow.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

fun game. love how multiple weapons have different firing modes, keeps the gameplay fresh.

Feb 2, 2005
No More Heroes 3

The game is hideous and handles like poo poo and some story beats are incomprehensible unless you know about Suda51's very real beef with a very real dude named John Riccitiello.

But it succeeds on attitude alone. I pushed through cause I wanted to kill that alien rear end in a top hat. Every red slow-mo "DEAD" kill screen was a revenge energy shot. Whenever the game nullified it's own difficulty by rolling into Mustang mode it felt awesome.

Robin Atkin Downes is excellent. The rarer "get the gently caress OUT" voice clip is raw as gently caress.

Can't recommend it but I enjoyed it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
SimCity (SNES, Easy, build a Megalopolis)

Harder than I thought it would be. First I built a city to relax and be creative and topped out around 200,000 population. Then I built a second one trying to be hyper-optimized that topped out around 350,000. So then I dropped it to easy, did some real optimization (did you know that if you build your airport but don't connect it to the electrical grid you get all the benefits with no downside?), topped out at 450,000, left it running overnight to build up a warchest, turned taxes down to 0%, and when I woke up in the morning I bulldozed the suburbs and replaced them with factories to get a population of 500,000 and the Mario statue.

The game is lots of fun, both as a chill city builder and as a psychotic optimization puzzle. Unfortunately for it, I think it's been completely eclipsed by its successors.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

SimCity (SNES, Easy, build a Megalopolis)

Harder than I thought it would be. First I built a city to relax and be creative and topped out around 200,000 population. Then I built a second one trying to be hyper-optimized that topped out around 350,000. So then I dropped it to easy, did some real optimization (did you know that if you build your airport but don't connect it to the electrical grid you get all the benefits with no downside?), topped out at 450,000, left it running overnight to build up a warchest, turned taxes down to 0%, and when I woke up in the morning I bulldozed the suburbs and replaced them with factories to get a population of 500,000 and the Mario statue.

The game is lots of fun, both as a chill city builder and as a psychotic optimization puzzle. Unfortunately for it, I think it's been completely eclipsed by its successors.

Godly game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My dad’s strat he showed me was bullzoning in-development zones and nestling them into each other, like turning a 3x3 into a 3x2 or whatever. Didn’t know about that other stuff lol.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

13. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Azure Moon, Hard.

This is only the third fire emblem I've played (blazing blade and awakening) but I get the impression it's quite different from it's predecessors with the whole monastery thing. Anyway it rules hard, I do like the monastery mechanic a lot and overall I'd say the first half where it is the most active is probably the best part of the game. It does drag on however after a while in the second half (so does battling 3x on the weekends) so I found myself skipping it for seminars or just shoving 10 lunches down my party's throat to see supports in the last couple of months. Lots of fun classes but most of them play second fiddle compared to fliers who just get to do good damage and move a million tiles a turn.

I chose blue lions on a die roll and ended up liking all of the characters. Dimitri, Felix, Sylvain, Ingrid all amazing units, Anna had a good niche as a rally bot, Mercedes heals well, Ashe is a nice guy who was there I guess, and Dedue ruled until he vanished for a third of the game (cmon man). Punished Dimitri is so far the funniest thing in the game (shout out to Felix for being right about everything). Feels like a whole lot of context was left out of the story though, and in more ways than I would expect for a third of the story. You barely learn anything about why anybody does what they do, kill the bad guys and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain lol.

The game is super easy so I'm going to do maddening ng+ next but I don't know which house. I think the eagles are probably the most interesting house (I recruited Dorothea and she rules) but I've seen a lot less of the golden deer so I may roll with Claude next and save the best for last.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

without spoiling anything, Azure Moon is a lot more of a personal conflict and story compared to the other routes, which is why it's so limited in what it explains

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Chessmaster (Beat the Chessmaster)

It's chess.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

without spoiling anything, Azure Moon is a lot more of a personal conflict and story compared to the other routes, which is why it's so limited in what it explains

I can buy that for sure. I guess I feel that the whole blue lions crew is just somebody's useful idiot (Rhea & church are shady from the get go) but it's not like I didn't enjoy it anyway. Mission accomplished by the game because I want to keep playing.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

timesplitters future perfect

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

24. Timesplitters Future Perfect

Imagining a world where Timesplitters is the premier console shooter.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

24. Timesplitters Future Perfect

Imagining a world where Timesplitters is the premier console shooter.

its this world

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

modern timesplitters with titanfall time travel tech

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

modern timesplitters with titanfall time travel tech

this would be sick

----------------

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022) campaign. Had some good moments and a lot more extremely lovely ones. I complained that the last MW was mostly small special forces stuff instead of big battles but it at least had a few big fights where you'd go up against the Russian army alongside the resistance group, this one had like one comparable scene in the whole game and nearly every little gimmick they tried to mix up the gameplay like driving or the guerrilla warfare sections were just frustrating. It feels weird to be let down by a COD campaign because at the end of the day all I really want to do is run forward along with a bunch of friendly troops and shoot 400 bad guys while an NCO shouts MOVE IT DIAZ HIT THOSE POSITIONS or whatever and I'll be satisfied, I don't expect much but mindless mayhem and this one still couldn't live up to that.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

80) Cross/code
81) Toree 3D
82) DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (Mastery)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Super Mario RPG
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
22. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
23. Castlevania: Bloodlines (No death, Expert, Eric Lecarde) - video - video for Normal clear
24. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
25. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
26. Sonic Generations (all challenges complete)

pretty good. the physics are pretty janky which makes the penultimate boss fight a huge pain. and the last boss fight was annoying because of the incessant chatter from your friends. nonetheless i might go for all s-ranks and the red rings

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its a shame they wont make anything that good again ever

----------------

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Sonic going for all the brown rings lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

its a shame they wont make anything that good again ever

Sonic Frontiers is going to be the greatest sonic game ever. Mark my word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008