Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hopefully they’ll engrave (Fluke) after the - 1 on the lombardi for you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The sick truth is that after this long of having my teams with no championships I don’t really care if they get one or not

I just want to see high quality play as long as possible

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
You gotta get at least the one. The first one is so loving sweet. Especially since you’ve come up short a couple times now. So cathartic to get over that hump.

Hopefully you just get to it though and don’t do the Lightning thing where you have an all time great regular season only to get immediately bounced from the playoffs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s true that I’ll probably feel completely different once it happens once

I’ll be that guy going to graves and leaving a championship sticker or smth

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/1583564977587511296?s=46&t=B6PvSznYdwba_SfTQYbnCQ

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
We may lose Super Bowls but we have the best week 6 highlight video I've ever seen. Seriously we are pimps this poo poo is half an hour long and has techno music.

https://youtu.be/7SDx_r9HizI

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I hate how well run Buffalo is

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I unironically think they should have made the trade.

They can and probably will still win without him but even the biggest windows close fast, swing for the fences.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
On a scale of 1 to 10 how damaging is this game to the Patriots season?

https://twitter.com/ByChrisMason/status/1583627202574548993

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

pasaluki posted:

We may lose Super Bowls but we have the best week 6 highlight video I've ever seen. Seriously we are pimps this poo poo is half an hour long and has techno music.

https://youtu.be/7SDx_r9HizI

Incroyable

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

I unironically think they should have made the trade.

They can and probably will still win without him but even the biggest windows close fast, swing for the fences.

If it literally guaranteed a Super Bowl victory then obviously I'd give up the next decade of draft picks.

But it's very easy to tell any number of stories of how an oft-injured running back with a massive contract behind one of the league's worst run blocking lines ends up a disappointment. And while I usually think draft picks are overvalued, Beane's really been pretty good with the mid rounders.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's one thing to give up a bunch of draft picks for a single player, but you're also then spending $12m a year on a RB. Which good guy you letting go or handful of mid-range guys you saying bye to to pay for him next year?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

If it literally guaranteed a Super Bowl victory then obviously I'd give up the next decade of draft picks.

But it's very easy to tell any number of stories of how an oft-injured running back with a massive contract behind one of the league's worst run blocking lines ends up a disappointment. And while I usually think draft picks are overvalued, Beane's really been pretty good with the mid rounders.

cmc is a wr so the run blocking is a non issue. His injury history oof

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's one thing to give up a bunch of draft picks for a single player, but you're also then spending $12m a year on a RB. Which good guy you letting go or handful of mid-range guys you saying bye to to pay for him next year?

The cap isn’t real. *taps the thread title*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TheBizzness posted:

The cap isn’t real. *taps the thread title*

The entire NFC South is dismembered and hanging from meathooks thanks to the cap but sure, it isn't real.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

The entire NFC South is dismembered and hanging from meathooks thanks to the cap but sure, it isn't real.

Cap space isn’t why all of the QBs suck. Or the coaches (jury is still out on Arthur Smith I guess).

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 22, 2022

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I wouldn’t give up what the Niners did for CMC because he’s made of glass and he’ll probably be on IR with *spins wheel* a bone bruise in his hip in short order.

I really, really don’t think the “YOU TRADED THAT MUCH FOR A RB?!?” arguments really work for a player with his skill set and given the staff he’ll be working with.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The Bills are the Mean Beane Machine

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I’m don’t even care if my team wins a championship. I just want everyone to have fun and be themselves.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's not "the cap's not real" so much as it's "the cap exists but it's in practice at some nebulous number a lot higher than you'd think when looking at Spotrac."

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

CubanMissile posted:

I’m don’t even care if my team wins a championship. I just want everyone to have fun and be themselves.

:same:
Coach Flores really did a number on us.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

just wanted to share this great picture from twitter

https://twitter.com/ThePharticusMax/status/1583567219942096897/photo/1

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao Flores crying is a wonderful touch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

It's not "the cap's not real" so much as it's "the cap exists but it's in practice at some nebulous number a lot higher than you'd think when looking at Spotrac."

I mean yeah you can borrow from tomorrow for today. That's just a stupid thing to do when you have a 26 year old great QB. I mean I don't know why I'm saying this, I wish the Bills had traded for McCaffrey, it would've almost certainly been a big mistake within a year.

Like signing Von Miller? Also probably gonna be a problem in two years, but he's been dynamite so far, and I'd way rather have that $12m in cap space for dudes like that, then a loving running back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Russ is out. Not sure if that helps or hurts us.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Only the first three years of Miller's salary us guaranteed, so as long as he can make it to the end of the 2024 season justifying his roster spot, they should avoid cap calamity.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 22, 2022

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Keep in mind he threw 2 picks to Pierre Desir in 2020, ha, I think the situation is slightly better for the Jets this time around

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 22, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pablo Bluth posted:

Only the first season years of Miller's salary us guaranteed, so as long as he can make it to the end of the 2024 season justifying his roster spot, they should avoid cap calamity.

He got a $18m signing bonus, has a $13m guaranteed roster bonus next year and his 2022-4 base salaries are guaranteed. Doesn't matter much for 22 or 23 since his base salaries are the minimum

cap hit || dead cap hit

2023 - $19m || $40m
2024 - $21m || $22m
2025 - $21m || $7m
2026 - $24m || $4m
2027 - $30m || 0

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mcmagic posted:

more time to record psychotic sub commercials

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

He got a $18m signing bonus, has a $13m guaranteed roster bonus next year and his 2022-4 base salaries are guaranteed. Doesn't matter much for 22 or 23 since his base salaries are the minimum

cap hit || dead cap hit

2023 - $19m || $40m
2024 - $21m || $22m
2025 - $21m || $7m
2026 - $24m || $4m
2027 - $30m || 0

don't think it's too hopeful to say he ought to be good for another two after this. Maybe not worth the full salary but still a good player

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I'd say I wouldn't worry about Brett Rypien, but really all he has to do is complete any thing and he's producing more then Russ did in the 2nd half of that last game.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

t a s t e posted:

don't think it's too hopeful to say he ought to be good for another two after this. Maybe not worth the full salary but still a good player
After back to back Superbowls and mentoring a bunch of the draft picks in to future HoF players, a decline in '24 will be fair price...

The Bills are reaching a point they're going to find it increasingly difficult to keep everyone. Next year is the first year of the big Allen Diggs and Miller's big cap hits, more and more successful draft picks who need to be extended (or successfully redrafted.)

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 22, 2022

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets win will 10 games against backup quarterbacks this year.

It's happening

e: and we'll be playing against Zappe next week too lmao.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 22, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

t a s t e posted:

Yeah I don't know, pass rushers fall off FAST and Von is 33. But I also thought his decline had already begun at the signing and now he's playing like he's still at his peak, so maybe he'll have a Peppers career arc.

Glad we got snubbed by Chandler Jones in any case.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lmao cuse just took a qb fumble 95 yards to the house

#newyorkfootball

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Also, I can't really say "I think the Jets are pretty good" (which I do) and then earnestly worry about them losing to Brett Rypien. Those two things are pretty close to mutually exclusive. They should beat the poo poo out of him tomorrow.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The line moved from Jets +3 to Jets -1.5. Which feels more like where it should have been even before the Russ news

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

Also, I can't really say "I think the Jets are pretty good" (which I do) and then earnestly worry about them losing to Brett Rypien. Those two things are pretty close to mutually exclusive. They should beat the poo poo out of him tomorrow.

I thought we were easily going to beat Brett Rypien 2 years ago? So I'm not saying anything this time. It would be very Jets to be showing this much promise, and then shoot themselves in the foot in a very winnable game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/st...s1_c10&ref_url=

Corner nooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

You really need your best corners on the field when faced with Kenny Pickett, Dolphins are going to get housed.