Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think it came out this year that child labor was also being used to harvest onions in the US.

Since traditionally you only had your own children do stuff like that, including operating heavy machinery, child labor laws sometimes exempt farm work from a lot of protections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1583180753063579688

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I'm a Walgreens with a Goodyear rising and Bud Light moon

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I hate this so, so much. But if they project from the ground surely a well placed firebomb, or even the trusty balloon filled with paint would do the trick.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Quote isnt edit

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

https://twitter.com/saltofsalt/status/1583465561086132224

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Biplane posted:

I hate this so, so much. But if they project from the ground surely a well placed firebomb, or even the trusty balloon filled with paint would do the trick.

Or a well executed* hack that replaces the brand with goatse.

*I have no doubt the security will be bad enough to let a 10 year old get in.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Man Who Goatse'd the World

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

The Man Who Goatse'd the World

A brand we can all agree on.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

When I get shot in the stomach during the Gamer Wars and bleed out, I want my last visions on this earth to be the Regal Cinemas Coca Cola Roller Coaster when the DMT kicks in

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I mean, it should be easy enough to use the same technology to vandalize these ads or project leftist propiganda.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Since traditionally you only had your own children do stuff like that, including operating heavy machinery, child labor laws sometimes exempt farm work from a lot of protections.

By "sometimes" you mean "frequently, and a lot of the time the exemptions were passed very recently". The argument is the same, gotta have little Timmy help with the harvest or our plucky little family farm won't survive! Except family farms like that barely exist and Timmy is actually just getting crushed to death in the giant industrial grain silo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

well yes, sometimes accounts it being explicit or not

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

USA #1 (in having children drown in grain silos)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Some of the kids are probably undocumented immigrants. Although I don't think unofficial workforce managers care about labour laws in the first place.

Oh well, it's probably fine, maybe if we deregulate it a bit they'll stop using child slaves.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

evilpicard posted:

USA #1 (in having children drown in grain silos)

Those kids were already unhealthy, you can't blame it on the grain silo.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
12 year old picking crops: backbone of society since the pilgrim era

12 year old stamping out car hoods: 3 vertical lines of anime shame on the CEO's forehead

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mfers really will promote anything to avoid heavy public investment in necessary infrastructure:

https://i.imgur.com/K9yOWuY.mp4

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bike tory posted:

mfers really will promote anything to avoid heavy public investment in necessary infrastructure:

The name trackless trams has horseless carriage energy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
See inside the tiny, secret cabins on luxury million-dollar yachts where crew members sleep and shower

It's like Jacob Riis photography with no people

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bike tory posted:

Is this like the twelfth time they've reinvented buses?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

bike tory posted:

Cool bus

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

bike tory posted:

Should've called them Freerange Autonomous Rapid Transit vehicles.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

RandomBlue posted:

Should've called them Freerange Autonomous Rapid Transit vehicles.

Autonomous Service Supported Free-range Advanced Rapid Transit

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

I’m in the middle of a local asphalt emulsion spill, and even though the epa came out yesterday, their words to me after seeing it still sticking and seeping into my skin on day 28, “theres no way we can pull it all out. it’s oil.”

got recommended to “hazmat trauma therapy” and had my first session today

fkin’ christ almighty

I’m really lucky to have strategic power and a lot of community but no one can see this and not have it corrode the soul

the multilateral, multilevel, multiindividual, multiagency, multicorporate failure can only be addressed with the county-administered hazmat and emergency planning committees, on top of full state-wide regulatory and reporting reform to face the cracks in the system, but I’ll save that for the biosphere success thread

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Unless posted:

I’m in the middle of a local asphalt emulsion spill, and even though the epa came out yesterday, their words to me after seeing it still sticking and seeping into my skin on day 28, “theres no way we can pull it all out. it’s oil.”

got recommended to “hazmat trauma therapy” and had my first session today

fkin’ christ almighty

I’m really lucky to have strategic power and a lot of community but no one can see this and not have it corrode the soul

the multilateral, multilevel, multiindividual, multiagency, multicorporate failure can only be addressed with the county-administered hazmat and emergency planning committees, on top of full state-wide regulatory and reporting reform to face the cracks in the system, but I’ll save that for the biosphere success thread

lmao it rules that the EPA has been completely hollowed out, it's almost strictly mayor pete style climbers, the biggest morons you'll ever meet, or burned out people who wanted to make a difference and can't so just counting down till retirement now

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Unless posted:

the biosphere success thread

Got a link?

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, I'm glad you have support.

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Got a link?

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, I'm glad you have support.

reminder that jeffery reads the thread and will ban you if you mock him

sorry to see that op. i guess you'll just have to dig the polluted ground out by yourself

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bongmaster posted:

reminder that jeffery reads the thread and will ban you if you mock him

sorry to see that op. i guess you'll just have to dig the polluted ground out by yourself

dont bring this bullshit in here

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont bring this bullshit in here

poo poo talking Jeff propagates capitalism. It's the "steal manhole cover, sell for scrap, buy drugs, wait for gov to replace manhole cover" cycle for making money running a pay forum.

Next up is figuring out how to sell SA stock and get an IPO launch so all the smart goons can cash out in week one while yahoo slowly realizes it's holding a pigs' nutsack.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
A pig's nutsack is a great way to collect sustainable fertilizer.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

poo poo talking Jeff propagates capitalism. It's the "steal manhole cover, sell for scrap, buy drugs, wait for gov to replace manhole cover" cycle for making money running a pay forum.

Next up is figuring out how to sell SA stock and get an IPO launch so all the smart goons can cash out in week one while yahoo slowly realizes it's holding a pigs' nutsack.

what

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
What if it was Jeffery of CSPAM

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

LOL look at this pig nutsack-holder FUKKIN LOL

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Exactly.

tokin opposition posted:

What if it was Jeffery of CSPAM

Is it Jeffrey or Jeffery? I DON'T KNOW WHATS REAL ANYMORE.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

jeffricus of yospos

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

sucks to be you guys. a new world awaits me on the off world colonies. later suckers

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Exactly.

Is it Jeffrey or Jeffery? I DON'T KNOW WHATS REAL ANYMORE.

he pronounces it jeffy

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Jefe of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jeffery here's going to be complying with the wishes of capital now.