Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
I’m gonna say it, I’m scared he’d kick my rear end and pull my pants down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

One of my good friends from college 30 years ago is PFT's sister-in-law so I've totally got an in.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I wonder what it would take to get Merlin Mann on Doughboys. Mitch would make a self-deprecating dead dad joke, Merlin would consul Mitch with the story of dealing with his own father’s death, this starts 20 minutes of Mitch processing his grief in a meaningful way, we all cry and are better people for listening.

Nick took his own batteries out five minutes in.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Merlin Mann is insufferable so I hope it never happens

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow I haven't thought about Merlin Mann in like 10 years

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

duomo posted:

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

duomo posted:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i looked him up and lol apparently merlin mann is a productivity coach who invented the "Hipster PDA", which is a notebook and a pen.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Casey Finnigan posted:

i looked him up and lol apparently merlin mann is a productivity coach who invented the "Hipster PDA", which is a notebook and a pen.

Trash

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Sorry, guys, still a fan.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
To be fair the Apple news podcasting clique has plenty of insufferable people, but Merlin Mann's "cool dad" persona grates the worst.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I liked You Look Nice Today but I think anyone whose job is described as a “productivity coach” is going to of course be pretty annoying. I used to listen to the podcast he did with Bean Dad and it’s an ok time because it’s a guy who grew up in Alaska telling tales about backpacking through Europe, touring with bands, etc but the other guy is Merlin Mann so it’s not something I can recommend

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
There's no way they're getting paid for that Masterclass preroll.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Dr.Radical posted:

I liked You Look Nice Today but I think anyone whose job is described as a “productivity coach” is going to of course be pretty annoying. I used to listen to the podcast he did with Bean Dad and it’s an ok time because it’s a guy who grew up in Alaska telling tales about backpacking through Europe, touring with bands, etc but the other guy is Merlin Mann so it’s not something I can recommend

Did Bean Dad have *two* podcasts? He worked with Ken "Trivia Lord" Jennings and sullied that nice boy's reputation

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Poopy Palpy posted:

Came here to post about this. That might be the hardest I've ever laughed at Doughboys.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Poopy Palpy posted:

Absolutely owned

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Analytic Engine posted:

Did Bean Dad have *two* podcasts? He worked with Ken "Trivia Lord" Jennings and sullied that nice boy's reputation

At least 4 that I know of: Roderick On the Line, Omnibus, Road Work, and Friendly Fire.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
Too many podcasts

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

What? Don't you want lessons on how to paint, also plant false evidence to invade case weak countries,etc from several war criminals?

That ad read caught me off guard and I laughed out loud surrounded by work colleagues.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Quixotic1 posted:

What? Don't you want lessons on how to paint, also plant false evidence to invade case weak countries,etc from several war criminals?

That ad read caught me off guard and I laughed out loud surrounded by work colleagues.

Dave Anthony from The Dollop has a new podcast where he's going through these Masterclass programs along with Josh Olsen.

https://share.transistor.fm/s/847176e6

They also took Hillary's class for a special episode of West Wing Thing before it concluded. The classes are as awful as you would expect, just a way for these wretched people to try and whitewash their own legacies.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

For some reason I thought that Hodgeman was Susser and didn't listen to the first pirate episode.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Dave Anthony from The Dollop has a new podcast where he's going through these Masterclass programs along with Josh Olsen.

https://share.transistor.fm/s/847176e6

They also took Hillary's class for a special episode of West Wing Thing before it concluded. The classes are as awful as you would expect, just a way for these wretched people to try and whitewash their own legacies.

Nice. There was a recent Chapo episode where they looked at Hillary and Chelsea's series on Apple TV+ and it also sounds completely awful.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
+1 for misophonia isn't real

Now that they have done Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure, the final restaurant in that same archetype to is is Dolly Parton's Stampede (FKA Dixie Stampede). Really want to hear about the Boston man and California surfer dude experiencing that surreal situation. Bonus points for bug mane as the guest on that one

edit: stunt actor that played the pirate interview was gud

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 14, 2022

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
i went to medieval times last weekend and it was an absolute hoot

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
They're a dogshit company.

https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1580640496007147521
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1580663482206195712

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
ya but the chicken was good

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Scott Gairdner calling the Try Guys "Jackass for Christians" is perfect

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
had it been canonically revealed that wiger could dunk before? i was shocked by that.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i can see the crossed swords in the photo.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

The boys now have to visit again for the regular pirate show and Christmas shows to be completist. Where according to the commercial the true meaning of Christmas is about a seal catching a ring around it's neck.

https://youtu.be/8o_nV5jbups?t=22

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I've never been to one of those places, what is the deal with the bizarre business practices about reservations and admission and payment and tips?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

The boys now have to visit again for the regular pirate show and Christmas shows to be completist. Where according to the commercial the true meaning of Christmas is about a seal catching a ring around it's neck.

Wait, did they not see the regular pirate show?

e: oh, right

Binowru fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 16, 2022

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Binowru posted:

Wait, did they not see the regular pirate show?

They saw the "Vampirates" show.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Arden Myrin is a top tier guest. Can’t believe Wiger had never told about getting threats in his high school locker before, I liked how everyone was laughing then became horrified as it escalated while Wiger remained nonchalant.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I thought he'd told that story, Is that the one that winds up with a dead bird in his locker and Wiger just shrugs it off like "Oh it's just a prank"?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
My cousin used to order a basket of just the extra crispy leftover bits at Long John Silvers that they talk about on the latest episode. She would eat them by hand after letting them soak in worchester sauce or soy sauce in a pinch. She did this until she was in her 20s.

I had nowhere else to put that but thought about it when they talked about it so now you get to think about it too.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That’s disgusting

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
She seeing anybody?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The "Bits" at LJS were the second best thing