Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

ground up some beans

not sure this truly is seattle's BEST coffee but whatever

im not paying $16.99 for a bag of beans

it's true, we're not sending our best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i buy from the bulk bins at the grocery store and grind them myself. they taste better than 95% of the branded stuff on the shelf. cheaper than a lot of them too

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i buy whatever kilo bag I can get for $10. if there are multiple I choose the one with the funniest label.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just finishing up my coffee at the shop that i got for free with my coffee shop rewards

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Lazy this morning so i just did drip

Not nearly as good as the pourovers, but it's warm and has caffeine

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

under-resourced and expected to deliver today

hyooooooj chemex will carry me through

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's friday, so i'm having another cup right now

ready to call it a day already

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I'm drinking coffee.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/Kristen_Arnett/status/1583495809525350401

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

having a pourover at the shop

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Cheap pre-ground dunks beans at the in-laws

Its a living

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Podima posted:

Cheap pre-ground dunks beans at the in-laws

Its a living

hotel coffee always makes me appreciate that first cup so much more when i get back home

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Podima posted:

I just have a post-it on my kitchen wall with the measurements/steps if I'm ever too sleepy to remember lol

Lol, I used to do the same thing but in google keep.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh man my poo poo's already complex enough. also am i inadvertently brewing uncut crack?

20g bean
30g bloom
120 first
100 second

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAdgJNK0csc

This was another good one I found a while back.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

coffee tastes better on the weekend when i am looking at good screen with my fellow coffee pals :coffeepal:

on my third now

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

made a pretty good pourover this morning

feel like it's hard to keep consistent, though. some days I can make it great and flavorful but other days it's merely decent.

noticing that water temperature makes a big difference so maybe I'll get one of those electric kettles that can hold at a specific setpoint.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dioxazine posted:

coffee tastes better on the weekend when i am looking at good screen with my fellow coffee pals :coffeepal:

on my third now

:coffeepal:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
drinking matinee coffee and watching matinee hockey

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Jonny 290 posted:

oh man my poo poo's already complex enough. also am i inadvertently brewing uncut crack?

20g bean
30g bloom
120 first
100 second

That's a p strong cup Jonny. I usually do 15 or 16g bean for that recipe

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I do 30g bean for 500g water

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the machine makes my coffee for me. it knows the recipe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok. somebody threw 15:1 at me and i just rolled with it. Will back it off a bit till i'm not in hummingbird territory any more

PokeJoe posted:

the machine makes my coffee for me. it knows the recipe

Good for you, buddy!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

ok. somebody threw 15:1 at me and i just rolled with it. Will back it off a bit till i'm not in hummingbird territory any more

You can play around with the ratios but if you like then there is no issue lol. Most of what I have seen online tend to be 1:16-18 which gives you a cup which both isn't too strong and isn't too weak.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

how any of you have the energy before the coffee is inside you to read or follow instructions, i'll never understand

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

how any of you have the energy before the coffee is inside you to read or follow instructions, i'll never understand

i have two cell phones, an ipad, and an alarm clock i have to shut off in a ten minute time window every morning. You don't pass back out after that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i can't even put my pants on right until i take some meth and drink some bean water

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

i have two cell phones, an ipad, and an alarm clock i have to shut off in a ten minute time window every morning. You don't pass back out after that

Bonus points if the order changes according to some sort of 2fa-like thing that rotates and forced you to solve the puzzle within like 120sec

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

Sounds like you wake up like I do.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's admittedly a lot better now that i have a clear head, but also a little worse because i actually get good sleep. if i line up rem with the alarms wrong it's a rough wakeup

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
have you tried one of those sleep alarm thingies that tries get analyze your patterns and poo poo so it wakes you up when you're already In the light phase?

I found one but haven't delved into magic mode

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have tried everything up to and including five hundred dollar smart watches that all claim to fix your sleep patterns and what i have is the best setup i've found

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i looked into cpaps but all the folks that are authorized to sell them to me say they're iot cloud things that tattle to some S3 bucket via wifi, which i won't allow in my home

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my sleep has been horrendous my entire life, I've tried it all too and my solution is to simply Feel Bad a lot

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

buy a cpap off facebook and dont connect it like me, a pro. but dont get a Phillips one cause it’ll kill you with cancer foam particles.

had coffee today in a big thick mug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
id have to sign up for facebook after being off it for 9.5 years