Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Can't really be mad at Pavelski doing a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Canadiens strategy of taking a penalty on the powerplay so they dont have to embarass themselves on the PP is understandable but maybe not a winning idea

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Johnny Hockey having both feet in the air while pinned to the boards isn't worth a penalty, eh?

e- PING. :negative:

e2- https://twitter.com/CBJArtillery/status/1583993834543144961

Ah, that explains it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 23, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens have been taking giant shits in the first period and then turning it on the past few.

Guess I'll take it?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

If kapanen had any self awareness he would trade contracts with Heinen

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJSprague24 posted:

Have to admit, this has been both a closer and a more entertaining game than I was expecting.

Never mind.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Samsonov... adequate?

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Lightning hit an empty net challenge

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

Also Hughes played 28 minutes tonight, which has been his average (except one game where he missed 10 mins with a cut). That’s unsustainable this early in the season, can you imagine this team if he’s played into the ground and broken..

I mean it has hardly a long shot prediction that 28 minutes is to much.. but didn’t think it would occur quite so quick..

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

gg stars, fun game, joe pavelski is cool

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

neoaxd posted:

gg stars, fun game, joe pavelski is cool

yeah the Canadiens played with alot of energy for a young team, I think the score should have been even.. Dallas had some luck tonight.

Once again the Stars were really tough in the 3rd period, I think that in each of their 5 games this year the 3rd was arguably their best period. Nice trend compared to previous years when they were fully invested in prevent defense turtle hockey and giving their fans heart attacks.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Missed a lot of the 3rd but lol the Pens put up 6 again. End up nearly 40 shots and go from 23% xG in the first to 65% for the game. Getting scoring up and down the lineup as well. Whatever keep putting points on the board.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Missed a lot of the 3rd but lol the Pens put up 6 again. End up nearly 40 shots and go from 23% xG in the first to 65% for the game. Getting scoring up and down the lineup as well. Whatever keep putting points on the board.
Yeah it's not even just the amount of goals they've scored so far this season but how many players in the lineup have been scoring them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Canucks are going to be hungry for a win AND it’s their home opener, so I hope the Sabres will be prepared

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I hate myself so I’m watching the Canucks game and one shift in I’m baffled why Rathbone hasn’t been played yet. I suppose things could change but in 1 minute he set up a great give and go and dangled around a Sabre to set up another scoring chance.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dahlin is the GOAT

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Boy does this team ever suck

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

TUCH!!!! :siren:

This team rules, I don’t even care if they regress later they are fun af

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Noted dangerous goal scorer…Brett Ritchie!?!?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

the shock of the season so far for me, I was really high on them coming into the year :(

Looking at the cap structure it seems like the Canucks are kind of locked into this roster for a bit too.. assuming they aren't going to kick their captain to the curb lol

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Perhaps a key thing that was forgotten was how good (given expectations) both Myers and OEL were last season. For aging defencemen that should not have been assumed to be repeatable. Combine that with no Hughes and oof

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Looks like Tanev lost a tooth

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What happened to Chytil? :rip:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CBJSprague24 posted:

What happened to Chytil? :rip:

Shoulder to the head from Sillinger

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Z :siren:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jones if you keep giving away the puck like that you’re going to force me to watch Libor Hajek play hockey and that’s not ok

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Peeke does a good thing :siren:

E- :siren: CHINNY :siren:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 23, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Right idea, Gus, but it got tipped to the wrong colored jersey.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

Jones if you keep giving away the puck like that you’re going to force me to watch Libor Hajek play hockey and that’s not ok

K'Andre said hold my beer.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Trying not to do the "guy who posts by himself in a GDT", but this deserves its own post:

:siren: :lol: ERIK GUDBRANSON SCORED A GOAL :siren:

e- :siren: Kent Johnson, too :siren:

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i dont understand how the worldwide leader in sports cant do audio mixing for hockey

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Attaway Tarry on getting your first win. Play that harmonica song, MSG. :toot:

e- Aw man, Kivi got his first win here, too. :smith:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 24, 2022

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
With Josh Norris expected to miss a bunch of games with a shoulder injury, I'm getting pumped for the debut (redux) of Derick Brassard: Ottawa Senators 2nd Line Center.

Also Magnus Hellberg's Sens' debut as well

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Pumped for Wyatt Johnston to score tonight just to twist the “drafted Boucher 10th overall” dagger even harder

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

huh.. I dunno about that one... looks like it might have just crept over the line but I don't see any angle that confirms it

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Dallas sure look like they have scored.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Carlson really does just play the laziest defense

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Dallas sure look like they have scored.

DeBoer clearly thought so but no luck lol...

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

That one count!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Tough puck for the goalie to pick up there very nice finish after a nearly dangle.