Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

I didn't mean it as a criticism I suppose but it does seem to my eye like some sharpening is happening somewhere, I guess the sharpen for screen checkbox. They're cool scenes and the clouds do look wild.

It's cool, I just like technical discussion because it's so easy to overdo basically everything and think it looks fine.. then it looks like poo poo to the world.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

i enjoyed this post

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...

Yes.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

yeah, especially the first one

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

CRAYON posted:

i enjoyed this post

thank u

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
Is it still landscape if my dog inadvertently became the star of the shot?

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Some more Miami shots.

Question for hobbyists: when you travel with the intention of shooting, are you solo or with others? Headphones in? If so what are you listening to? What's the workflow like?
And for more serious photographers, how about you?
Whenever I go to a new place I try to set aside as much time as possible for walking around, usually no more than one backup lens, one backup roll of film, and a destination in mind. I'll walk there, and walk back another way unless I found something super interesting on the way.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
More hiking as the colors change day to day.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 23, 2022

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 2, 2022

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

This is either a vet's office or a very weirdly decorated sex dungeon.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Helen Highwater posted:

This is either a vet's office or a very weirdly decorated sex dungeon.

yes

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

i like all these

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

yea good stuff

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

ape
Jul 20, 2009

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

It was foggy last night :)

reaching by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

headlights by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

arrested by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Still foggy this morning, and even now at 2pm. We've been blessed

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I really dig this, but like, everything on this page has also been extremely good. The soothing glow of the sodium vapour lamps especially.

ape
Jul 20, 2009
Thanks. I miss them, everything is changing to LEDs here.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

still foggy tonight

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

the fog is still here, thicker than yesterday.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Colorado Winter - Non Postcard Edition by B. B., on Flickr

And, the weird colors I got with the combo of Classic Negative and then the dehaze slider.

Conifer Marketjplace by B. B., on Flickr

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

torgeaux posted:

And, the weird colors I got with the combo of Classic Negative and then the dehaze slider.

Conifer Marketjplace by B. B., on Flickr

Man does this one ever do something for me specifically.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Does anyone else use negative values on dehaze? Undehaze is a valid approach I think. Talking Fuji raws here too.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Does anyone else use negative values on dehaze? Undehaze is a valid approach I think. Talking Fuji raws here too.

Never heard of that. Can you talk thru the process a bit? Sounds like the end result could be interesting.

Edit: I mean, I know how to pull the slider the other way. I mean, what type of photo gives you that idea?

ape
Jul 20, 2009

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I've done it to cheat on creating a hint of fog, but it only works with small values on certain types of images.. generally a bright sky at the top and a dark foreground. If the image is low contrast it looks horrible, even as subtle as -5.

I think it's working on a luminosity mask, targeting the highlights and blurring the mask as the values get more extreme. So if you have bright stuff in the foreground it will get foggy and look really fake. But if the brightest areas are in the distance it's somewhat convincing.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

a really good image

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006