Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is the tightest labor market in decades. Your priority should be filling out resumes while doing the absolute bare minimum to draw a paycheck from this ridiculous gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

1. That's a good dog at a good beach.
2. The new Batman game, Gotham Knights, is getting widely panned by critics. Fascinating development. Need more research.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Watching two playoff baseball games and then straight into TI11 dota lower bracket knock outs it's a good day

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

1. That's a good dog at a good beach.
2. The new Batman game, Gotham Knights, is getting widely panned by critics. Fascinating development. Need more research.

Pretty sure it launched at 30fps which is kind of a killer in this day and age for a big game. That alone turned me off.

Checking out this netflix movie called the stranger. Based on a true story I remember from growing up.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

Pretty sure it launched at 30fps which is kind of a killer in this day and age for a big game. That alone turned me off.

Checking out this netflix movie called the stranger. Based on a true story I remember from growing up.

yea its 30fps, and not stable either, plus its a combat heavy game and everyone's saying the combat is simple and boring

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Posting 7 times instead of calling one person

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm enjoying Gotham Knights, but I can see why people are not super excited about. I'm on PC so it seems smooth to me, but I also don't really notice FPS as long as it's above like 20, and then the combat is not the Arkham games, and the enemies seem to take a while to take down, and it's got a weird loot system.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

I'm enjoying Gotham Knights, but I can see why people are not super excited about. I'm on PC so it seems smooth to me, but I also don't really notice FPS as long as it's above like 20, and then the combat is not the Arkham games, and the enemies seem to take a while to take down, and it's got a weird loot system.

I haven't played it but it's such a weird series to screw up enough to make people angry. If you like beating up bums and following a story and doing some semi-detective stuff well, just keep doing that.

It sounds like they went full Madden :effort: mode and just kinda threw in the towel on making things work.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

I haven't played it but it's such a weird series to screw up enough to make people angry. If you like beating up bums and following a story and doing some semi-detective stuff well, just keep doing that.

It sounds like they went full Madden :effort: mode and just kinda threw in the towel on making things work.

It also wasn't made by Rocksteady.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Man Chris Cornell was so good, and his daughter singing duets is so heart breaking

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Picked up first place for the individual written exam, placed 3rd for team scenarios :toot:

Fun little weekend.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Picked up first place for the individual written exam, placed 3rd for team scenarios :toot:

Fun little weekend.

Congrats!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

LeeMajors posted:

Fun little weekend.

Nice one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Fun little weekend.

Great job!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LeeMajors posted:

Fun little weekend.

Now I know that if I ever get into a car wreck, try to do it near where LeeMajors is (provided they're on call that hour)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Android Apocalypse posted:

Now I know that if I ever get into a car wreck, try to do it near where LeeMajors is (provided they're on call that hour)

We do not know he is good at that. We only know he is good if there are also three others involved with various medical conditions and the police show up and tase one of the victims. Then you are good.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

We do not know he is good at that. We only know he is good if there are also three others involved with various medical conditions and the police show up and tase one of the victims. Then you are good.

I mean the odds are good on at least one of those criteria...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
For me, the cops skip the taser and go straight to the gun.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

For me, the cops skip the taser and go straight to the gun.

Don’t forget the narcan!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Fun little weekend.

All this and didn’t you say your passion towards the work has waned a bit? That makes your performance even more impressive. Congrats dude!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Fun little weekend.

do it in the playoffs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is that Harry Potter game Hogwarts Legacy that I see advertised any good? I've never played a Harry Potter game but read all the books and the ads are sparking my imagination a bit

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thanks all—I’ve never competed before and it was a lot of fun. I’ll probably try to compete again before I mosey out of public service.

Amy Pole Her posted:

All this and didn’t you say your passion towards the work has waned a bit? That makes your performance even more impressive. Congrats dude!

Oh yeah it’s waned a lot. Simulations are fun though and oddly I got big doses of adrenaline that have been missing from my professional life.

FizFashizzle posted:

Don’t forget the narcan!

We used so much “narcan”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Depending on skin color, Narcan will be administered in 147gr doses.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

kiimo posted:

Is that Harry Potter game Hogwarts Legacy that I see advertised any good? I've never played a Harry Potter game but read all the books and the ads are sparking my imagination a bit

its not out yet, it got pushed to Jan/Feb of 2023. the development has been a mess, but it does look intriguing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well Gotham Knights is wholly disappointing. I’ll keep playing to see if it gets better but it feels nothing like Arkham (yes different devs I know). It comes off like that’s what they were going for and just came back with babby’s first batman game. It’s incredibly simple and so far is missing a lot of what made the Arkham games great.

e: Also batman sounds like Patrick Warburton for some reason

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 23, 2022

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I did our in person union policy meeting yesterday and the topic of Narcan came up because we have a lot youth and parents using in offices or our night to night placement. We aren't allowed by our agency policy to administer Narcan even though we recently changed it so we can provide Narcan to foster care youth (and some parents) who we know are actively using. Washington state law protects us if we administer it in our capacity as a good samaritan but our agency sees it as a liabilty and you can, in theory, be put on a performance improvement plan or fired. Out staffing and retention is so bad right now though that nothing's likely going to happen but everyone wants it written down that yes, please dose an ODing client with Narcan until EMTs arrive.

It was also cool just to learn more and hear more abouy union stuff and organizing. I haven't had time to get involved until now but I want to do more.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I did our in person union policy meeting yesterday and the topic of Narcan came up because we have a lot youth and parents using in offices or our night to night placement. We aren't allowed by our agency policy to administer Narcan even though we recently changed it so we can provide Narcan to foster care youth (and some parents) who we know are actively using. Washington state law protects us if we administer it in our capacity as a good samaritan but our agency sees it as a liabilty and you can, in theory, be put on a performance improvement plan or fired. Out staffing and retention is so bad right now though that nothing's likely going to happen but everyone wants it written down that yes, please dose an ODing client with Narcan until EMTs arrive.

It was also cool just to learn more and hear more abouy union stuff and organizing. I haven't had time to get involved until now but I want to do more.

Active members, especially stewards, basically are a union. You're sensible and have a good heart. Those traits alone would make you a tremendous asset as an active union member.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

Don’t forget the narcan!

Those bullets could be laced with fentanyl, ya know, and that could definitely cause respiratory failure!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't think a bullet laced with fentanyl can possibly make it more lethal.

In fact, I wish cops had their bullets laced with it so that they can't load their guns without going into some seizure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

In fact, I wish cops had their bullets laced with it so that they can't load their guns without going into some seizure.

That'd be the quickest way to make that little myth go away.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone needs to do the trick Jimmy pulled in Better Call Saul with the cell phone in the pocket, but only do it with cops and fentanyl.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m probably gonna need to get a new phone pretty soon which because I’m lazy I’m just gonna get a new iPhone. I’ve always had the normal regular size ones but the Max versions do look good for the battery life especially. Anyone have opinions on day to day use for the larger phones coming from the smaller ones? Was it worth it or is it a pain in the rear end to carry and use with one hand?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well Gotham Knights is wholly disappointing. I’ll keep playing to see if it gets better but it feels nothing like Arkham (yes different devs I know). It comes off like that’s what they were going for and just came back with babby’s first batman game. It’s incredibly simple and so far is missing a lot of what made the Arkham games great.

e: Also batman sounds like Patrick Warburton for some reason

What made the other Arkham games great?

I haven’t played any of them. But people seemed to love the previous iterations and really dislike this new game.

Also why did the colony change developers? Goose that laid the golden egg, and what not.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/morningbrew/status/1572729134395969536

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1584355662737289217?s=46&t=jnZhvFjvTNWmznep6gMsQQ

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

What made the other Arkham games great?

I haven’t played any of them. But people seemed to love the previous iterations and really dislike this new game.

Also why did the colony change developers? Goose that laid the golden egg, and what not.

Honestly it’s hard to explain. The controls were just so much better in the older games. The combat is much more simplistic now and the graphics aren’t even as good as the older games. It just feels like a watered down version of the Arkham games.

Regarding combat, you could build combos and it felt like your punches actually had weight behind them. Now it’s just short/long range with light/heavy variants.

Again, maybe I’m not far enough into the game yet and it opens up, so I’m gonna give it a chance.

Oh and the bat cycle sucks and doesn’t feel like you’re really going all that fast in comparison to everything else. The Batmobile in the Arkham games was a drat tank that moved a million miles an hour

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I definitely need a new phone but my Galaxy 9S is still going strong and I want to buy my next phone outright so I'm putting it off.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Samsung-Galaxy-S9,Samsung-Galaxy-S22/phones/10716,11763

this site is handy for comparing actual size of phones, you calibrate it using a CC or DL on the screen and it's useful for deciding what to pick when an upgrade is needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Rocksteady is currently working on a Suicide Squad game, and they're not a big developer. Even if they wanted to work on Gotham Knights they probably couldn't