Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dumpmaster General posted:

oh gently caress yes bionicle lore doc!!!!!!!

I remember enjoying these toys so I'm excited to see how brainbroke the internet is about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
This year's Garbage Day is up on the F PLus Youtube channel.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I'm glad they are up on YouTube but you miss out on the chat from the live reading. I think that really added a fun element to my reading. I'd totally do more of those if I had the opportunity.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
While listening to Extra Credit I remembered that the studio that did the Bionicle movies also did a bad Warhammer 40k film years ago too

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit investigates the mysteries of a discord server whose only online presence appears to be a single neocities page.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm working my way through the Garbage Day stuff that I missed (which was most of it, alas) and there's still one question that's been unanswered:

Is Harry Potter Jesus?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Listened to some of the Garbage Day eps/hours and the soundboard is a great addition

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bio347 posted:

I'm working my way through the Garbage Day stuff that I missed (which was most of it, alas) and there's still one question that's been unanswered:

Is Harry Potter Jesus?

The newest Extra Credit probably covers that!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Creepypasta episode.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thank God, I needed my horrifying and terrible content fix.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

That Venom story is something special

e: oh god what the gently caress is that last story? that's weird serial killer poo poo. I did not like that at all

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 23, 2022

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I really wanna know what happened to that godless liberal Antonio

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man, there's some grade loving A internet in there

Obvious Venom Fetishist not even being able to explain why people getting dommed by the venom suit turned them conservative and productive, it just... doing it, is magical. He doesn't even bother to dip into psychology or a change in motivation at all, it just happens and then it turns out it's Jesus and He gave the united states the gift of being dominated by an alien symbiote to avert the end times? Even though the end times signal his return? Whatever, it doesn't matter and that's what's so amazing. Just "I was dominated by a muscle suit and got super strong and could do everything and then everyone was a conservative christian, the end"

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Excellent weekend for content. The creepypasta F Plus episode took such a very weird turn that I don’t think anyone could have expected. Also, the Extra Credit episode was an interesting look at how to make docs from Discords (which seems like it will become a necessity eventually as all forums are either dying or Reddit, and all the prime weird is moving to discords now).

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?
If y'all are in the mood for more Halloween fun and you enjoy me on F Plus, you may like what we do over on Left Handed Radio. I hope you'll check out our two Halloween specials "Fresh Scare with Sherry Disgusting" and "The Nightly with Michael Barbaric"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Grondoth posted:

Man, there's some grade loving A internet in there

Obvious Venom Fetishist not even being able to explain why people getting dommed by the venom suit turned them conservative and productive, it just... doing it, is magical. He doesn't even bother to dip into psychology or a change in motivation at all, it just happens and then it turns out it's Jesus and He gave the united states the gift of being dominated by an alien symbiote to avert the end times? Even though the end times signal his return? Whatever, it doesn't matter and that's what's so amazing. Just "I was dominated by a muscle suit and got super strong and could do everything and then everyone was a conservative christian, the end"

A lot of the stories felt like "I want to write a story! Wait poo poo this is hard" and then they just wrote the parts they cared about and just sorta vaguely gestured at the other parts

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Bozarth posted:

If y'all are in the mood for more Halloween fun and you enjoy me on F Plus, you may like what we do over on Left Handed Radio. I hope you'll check out our two Halloween specials "Fresh Scare with Sherry Disgusting" and "The Nightly with Michael Barbaric"

Oh poo poo! You're doing it again? I got super sad when I couldn't find AIRBRUSH CREATIONS anymore, I figured you had just decided to move on. I, foolishly, did not save a file where I got to hear about a t-shirt with Jon Stark holding an AK-47 that says Bullets is Comin.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

A lot of the stories felt like "I want to write a story! Wait poo poo this is hard" and then they just wrote the parts they cared about and just sorta vaguely gestured at the other parts

I mean, that's poor fiction in a nutshell, isn't it?

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 26, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Grondoth posted:

I mean, that's poor fiction in a nutshell, isn't it?

And the whole Fantendo/MovieIdeasWiki genre of stupid websites.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the last creepypasta in particular was vibrating on a terrifying Frequency of Bad I was not prepared for.

Time for Reddit Unpopular Opinions episode.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

the last creepypasta in particular was vibrating on a terrifying Frequency of Bad I was not prepared for.

Fantastic episode. "The Giving Bomb" may be my favorite joke I've ever heard from Lemon.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm relistening to the F-plus Chris Cantelmo episode: I wonder how one would disprove his DMT hypothesis. I'm sure he's wrong because, well, there are ways we can measure hormone levels in the brain. But I'm not sure how one would go about doing the measurements. My sampling the spinal fluid? Autopsies? Something else?

I don't expect an answer, my mind just started to wander during the "No you didn't" portion of the episode.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

RandomPauI posted:

I'm relistening to the F-plus Chris Cantelmo episode: I wonder how one would disprove his DMT hypothesis. I'm sure he's wrong because, well, there are ways we can measure hormone levels in the brain. But I'm not sure how one would go about doing the measurements. My sampling the spinal fluid? Autopsies? Something else?

I don't expect an answer, my mind just started to wander during the "No you didn't" portion of the episode.

Freaky, I just listened to that one.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

Take blood leaving the brain and compare it to blood somewhere else.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My favorite part of the Chris Cantelmo episode is I could usually tell the exact wikipedia page he was misinterpreting to pull his supposed "discoveries" out of

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i forget did they talk about how Chris Cantelmo eventually cut his own throat on a trail in the desert in the FPlus episode

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think his death was brought up on the extra credit episode on the same doc

Nevermind, got mixed up

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 31, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Alaois posted:

i forget did they talk about how Chris Cantelmo eventually cut his own throat on a trail in the desert in the FPlus episode

i think all suicide is tragic of course, but that seems like a particularly hosed up way to take yourself out

jesus.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Was not ready for the guy who got redpilled by Moldbug

If you don't understand the above sentence, please touch grass, there's time, please don't follow me down this road.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Was not ready for the guy who got redpilled by Moldbug

If you don't understand the above sentence, please touch grass, there's time, please don't follow me down this road.

I was 100% ready for it because it's the natural conclusion of being that much of that kind of rear end in a top hat.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

I think his death was brought up on the extra credit episode on the same doc

There's an extra credit on it, know which one off hand,?

I like listening to same content episodes by them back to back. Super Nanny is great like this, cause FPlus ends on the 20 man canoe assassination squad, and Extra Credit pretty much starts there.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, I think I got my episodes mixed up after all

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The FPlus ep on Cantelmo did mention he was dead though they (imo correctly) didn't get into how he killed himself.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MarxCarl posted:

There's an extra credit on it, know which one off hand,?

I like listening to same content episodes by them back to back. Super Nanny is great like this, cause FPlus ends on the 20 man canoe assassination squad, and Extra Credit pretty much starts there.

MAN

CANOE

ASSASSINATION

SQUAD

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Was Cantelmo the one who had a stroke...

...of genius?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: ehh gently caress that free file host, I'll find somewhere else to put the Garbage Day 2022 audio.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I didn't expect the readers to get introduced to findom in an episode about furries.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Extra Credit reads some poetry from AO3.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if now would be the time for people to wrap up any twitter docs before the site crashes for good.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

I wonder if now would be the time for people to wrap up any twitter docs before the site crashes for good.

I'm deliberately out of the loop, I know musk bought it and he's probably gonna do dumb stuff with it, but was something just announced

oh he's doing the 'oh, just fire everyone, that'll get profits up'

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Grondoth posted:

I'm deliberately out of the loop, I know musk bought it and he's probably gonna do dumb stuff with it, but was something just announced

oh he's doing the 'oh, just fire everyone, that'll get profits up'