Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Infinitum posted:

If you want to see good shots of Iron Heart and the new Black Panther check this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCrp8gDsVA

I wouldn't say that had any good shots of her either; at least, not in the way I assumed you meant i.e. shots of the suit still on screen so that you can get a good look at it, and see what it looks like. That aside, it basically confirms that Shuri is the new Black Panther, seeing as how the shot of the new Black Panther flipping into the air at the end has the Black Panther holding the same two particle guns that Shuri used previously.

Also, just because I saw the story online earlier and it fooled me; there's articles going around saying that She-Hulk may already be cancelled, and citing an Extra interview with Tatiana Maslany where she says that Kevin was dismissive of the idea of a second season. Only, it's deceptively phrased at best, because Tatiana Maslany is talking about K.E.V.I.N's dismissal of the character within the actual episode by the end of their scene because he's exhausted talking to her, not the actual Kevin Feige and that's as clear as day in the actual interview. She also talks about how she hopes there is one, but Jessica Gao has said she's just happy to be done with season one for the moment because it was so much effort making it, and she just wants to enjoy herself a bit before even thinking about it. So no-one's really talking about it at all at the moment, good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

I love the Legal Eagle guy, but this reminds me of when Neil deGrasse Tyson did a video on how The Force Awakens got physics wrong. Like, sure, make that video about Gravity or The Martian. But Star Wars is fantasy nonsense. No one is expecting reality.

I'm not really expecting legal reality from Super Hero specific law cases. Because none of that is real.

(I haven't watched the video yet, I will later.)

His whole premise is that he goes into how legal dramaTV embellishes actual legal practice, so it's not quite like deGrasse Tyson. He's also taking the show on its own terms, wondering out loud how stuff might work in the world of superhero law, and all that. Definitely not coming at it from a place of expecting reality - its more like "here's the nonsensical idea they use in the show, but if you're interested how this concept works in reality, it's XYZ". But also for better or for worse it does take place in the American legal system, which is a little separate from all the magic fantasy stuff. Though I'd love to see a sanctimonious video on deGrasse Tyson pointing out how all the magic powers in Marvel films have no basis in scientific reality.

Honestly the problem with dGrasse Tyson is less the subject matter he chose and more his unbearable and forever unceasing holier than thou smugness

The Grumbles fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 21, 2022

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
whoops

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Okay, forget what I said about the Legal Eagle video on She-Hulk. Having actually watched it now, it's great, and none of my concerns actually took form. He treats the show entirely from an "in-universe" point of view.

Sorry about that. I'll try to not criticize videos without watching them in the future. (Or, even worse, compare people to Neil deGrasse Tyson! That was uncalled for.)

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I think She Hulk has been the inverse to all the other MCU shows (the ones I've seen, at least) in that it started off pretty poor, gradually got better and ended on a really high note.

At first it really seemed to struggle with it's tone, and it felt like it didn't really do a good job of establishing any of the secondary characters enough to pay off any jokes or drama beats that involved them.

But wow, I'm glad the ending doubled down on the forth wall breaking and self satire of Marvel properties / how women are generally portrayed in media. That was what this show did best.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Okay, forget what I said about the Legal Eagle video on She-Hulk. Having actually watched it now, it's great, and none of my concerns actually took form. He treats the show entirely from an "in-universe" point of view.

Sorry about that. I'll try to not criticize videos without watching them in the future. (Or, even worse, compare people to Neil deGrasse Tyson! That was uncalled for.)

no, i appreciate that because i was thinking the same thing. Now I'll actually watch it

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Isometric Bacon posted:

I think She Hulk has been the inverse to all the other MCU shows (the ones I've seen, at least) in that it started off pretty poor, gradually got better and ended on a really high note.

At first it really seemed to struggle with it's tone, and it felt like it didn't really do a good job of establishing any of the secondary characters enough to pay off any jokes or drama beats that involved them.

But wow, I'm glad the ending doubled down on the forth wall breaking and self satire of Marvel properties / how women are generally portrayed in media. That was what this show did best.

The only really "not great" episode was the first one with Bruce. Once the show got to be about what it was going to be about, it rocked.

And my experience with MCU shows is that they have pretty good openings and closing, but kind of sag and lose energy in the middle. I know that was the case with Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel, though Moon Knight's "sag" came in episodes two and three.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only thing I think She-Hulk could have done better is fully establish Nikki from the start cause for the first half of the season we thought she was Awesome but actually she was AWESOME and we should have known that from the off

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dave Syndrome posted:

Which is why I love the paperwork scene in Hot Fuzz being cut like an action scene.

Hot Fuzz is just the best.

And Yea NDGT comes off as a smug prick when he's "Well this isn't realistic".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

One thing in Legal Eagle’s video is he says lawyers don’t really all go hang out at one bar after a case. A bunch of people in the comments and people I’ve asked said that’s bullshit and the bars near courthouses and law practices and schools are constantly full of lawyers and clients.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I used to party with lawyers and law students and they were always so much fun. Time to find a local lawyer bar and make new friends!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

thrawn527 posted:

Dont worry, criticisms without watching is what she hulk commentary is all about

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Okay, I just caught up with everything except What if because that will make me sad. The same reason I haven't seen any of the Wakanda Forever trailers. Anyway, I've been pretty happy with everything.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm not sure how solid the rumors are, but I've seen rumors that Disney/Marvel are planning both Nova and Silver Surfer special presentations akin to the recent Werewolf by Night, with the rumor saying the Silver Surfer one would release a few months before the Fantastic Four film and be about Norrin Rad himself, rather than him interacting with anyone established already in the MCU; so presumably going over his backstory and how he met Galactus and became his herald. Which would imply the Surfer is a player in the Fantastic Four movie, and probably sets up Galactus for a sequel or another movie down the road that multiple characters/teams appear in.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would definitely like to see more one-offs for like C/D tier characters that are never going to get their own movie or TV show.

Otherwise how are we going to get Stilt-Man?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hey, that Marvel Snap card game for mobile is actually kinda neat. Stripped down Gwent/Hearthstone with just 6 turns of play using 12 card decks where all the upgrades and progression are about making your cards prettier. Card decks are small enough, and the number of characters so diverse, that constant deck fiddling is both easy and fun. 'salright for a freebie.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would definitely like to see more one-offs for like C/D tier characters that are never going to get their own movie or TV show.

*Banging on table*

Paste-Pot Pete! Paste-Pot Pete!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

tsob posted:

I'm not sure how solid the rumors are, but I've seen rumors that Disney/Marvel are planning both Nova and Silver Surfer special presentations akin to the recent Werewolf by Night, with the rumor saying the Silver Surfer one would release a few months before the Fantastic Four film and be about Norrin Rad himself, rather than him interacting with anyone established already in the MCU; so presumably going over his backstory and how he met Galactus and became his herald. Which would imply the Surfer is a player in the Fantastic Four movie, and probably sets up Galactus for a sequel or another movie down the road that multiple characters/teams appear in.

If nova gets the mcu taking on annihilation that would be neat.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

*monkey paw curls^ Introducing Sam Alexander as the new hero, Nova!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sure, Sam's no Dick Ryder, but he's still cool

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Moreau posted:

*monkey paw curls^ Introducing Sam Alexander as the new hero, Nova!

Executive producer, writer and director Jeph Loeb announces that Sam Alexander will be played by a digital recreation of his son.

howe_sam posted:

Sure, Sam's no Dick Ryder, but he's still cool

The rumor mill at the moment is saying Richard Ryder but also that it's possible it'll have both Richard and Sam; it's all rumor though, so who loving knows.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

One thing in Legal Eagle’s video is he says lawyers don’t really all go hang out at one bar after a case. A bunch of people in the comments and people I’ve asked said that’s bullshit and the bars near courthouses and law practices and schools are constantly full of lawyers and clients.
He used that as a jumping-off point to mention that substance abuse problems in general and drinking alone in specific are problems in the legal community and never said that no lawyers drink at bars near courthouses. Just that most don't.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Watched the finale of she-hulk and I swear one of the best things about the show as a whole is that it didn't just predict the kind of whining it would elicit from fuckhead incels, but it preemptively address it and pokes fun at them pretty much from the very beginning. Just relentlessly dunking on people who show how deserving they are of being dunked upon by virtue of their reactions.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

How DARE you anticipate literally everything I was going to say on my grift-rear end chud channel!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tsob posted:

I'm not sure how solid the rumors are, but I've seen rumors that Disney/Marvel are planning both Nova and Silver Surfer special presentations

The Nova one is pretty solid, there have been rumblings about them doing a Nova TV show for a while

Technowolf posted:

*Banging on table*

Triple P :hai:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Technowolf posted:

*Banging on table*

Por que no los dos?

Marvel Studios Special Presentation
The Bar with No Name

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Infinitum posted:

Squirrel Girl Saves the MCU, with Doreen beating up Ultron, Thanos, Kang etc all at the same time while She-Hulk and Deadpool pop up as a Greek Chorus to confirm "yup, this was definitely a real thing that happened fanboys; deal with it".

Alternately:
Nick Cage gets to ride one last time as an old Ghost Rider, be it an elderly Johnny Cage who has just been doing his own thing up to now or some unknown character passing it to a Johnny Cage; passing the mantle on to someone else during the presentation.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Oct 23, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Doom sheepishly toning down his dramatic entrance and trying to quietly slink away rather than face Squirrel Girl again was a favorite of mine.

It was John Byrne who kept trying to write "explanations" for why guys like Dr. Doom didn't REALLY get defeated in other comics, right?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tsob posted:

Alternately:
Nick Cage gets to ride one last time as an old Ghost Rider, be it an elderly Johnny Cage who has just been doing his own thing up to now or some unknown character passing it to a Johnny Cage; passing the mantle on to someone else during the presentation.

We already got a passing of the mantle scene in Agents of Shield, they did a pretty good job for a TV show that didn't have a Disney budget behind it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOzoy5UfkGA

No Nic Cage though

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

It was John Byrne who kept trying to write "explanations" for why guys like Dr. Doom didn't REALLY get defeated in other comics, right?

I'm out of the loop on things recent with the benefactor of Latveria, the magnificence and wonder that is DOOM, but all through the 80s and 90s the FF plots with DOOM in kept having pretender DOOMs, DOOMs caught in weird time loops, DOOM's foster kids who turned evil (and also DOOM), etc. Some days you wonder if even Vic knows which DOOM is which.

:doom:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We already got a passing of the mantle scene in Agents of Shield, they did a pretty good job for a TV show that didn't have a Disney budget behind it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOzoy5UfkGA

No Nic Cage though

Oh yeah, I didn't watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, but I have watched excerpts of Ghost Rider stuff on YouTube so I was kind of aware of it, even if it wasn't coming to mind at the time. I meant it more as an excuse to get Nick Cage back though, since he'd be a pretty big get, as well as it being a nice thing for him personally since he's apparently a huge Ghost Rider fan. I'm just kind of excited imagining all the silly or less popular characters you could do with the Special Presentation though. You could do an "MCU: 2099" version of characters in that format for instance, or delve into the history of legacy titles like Iron Fist, presuming he ever becomes part of the MCU, showing some of the life of one or more previous holders. Or for a more pertinent one, the history of Isiah Bradley, his time in the military and his meeting with Bucky could be done as a Special Presentation too. Or do oddball variants of existing characters, like the Indian or Japanese Spider-Man. They could be presented as actual variants through the TVA, or just as people with similar powers or history inspired by those characters in the MCU's actual world.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
My dream is for Disney to do a Fantastic Four movie with Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Hulk and Wolverine.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Can we sub in Spider-Gwen or She-Hulk so it's less of a sausage fest? I wonder if they'll introduce Spider-Gwen live action at some point actually. I still kind of hope that Stephanie Beatriz from Brooklyn 99 is cast as Ghost Rider too.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

tsob posted:

Can we sub in Spider-Gwen or She-Hulk so it's less of a sausage fest? I wonder if they'll introduce Spider-Gwen live action at some point actually. I still kind of hope that Stephanie Beatriz from Brooklyn 99 is cast as Ghost Rider too.

Go all-out femme and cast Dafne Keen as a dimensional refugee X-23 AKA Teen Wolverine with a name less lame than that.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Everyone posted:

Go all-out femme and cast Dafne Keen as a dimensional refugee X-23 AKA Teen Wolverine with a name less lame than that.

I've got it, wolverteen

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
go full Circle of Four with it

Red Hulk, X-23, lady Ghostrider, Agent Venom (but it's still Tom Hardy)

edit: which also lead to one of my favorite dumb comic moments

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Everyone posted:

This would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Everyone posted:

I'd like them to just cast her as Laura as she was in her solo series that was so, so so good. Make it a TV show so it can have her go on about how her dad is dead and finds Gabby, AND has a lot of younger MCU characters in it. Though they'd probably reveal that Logan is actually still alive as a hook in the last episode.

And there is no way SPider-Gwen won't show up eventually, I think what's been holding them back is the weird deal with Sony that lets them control Spider-Man characters that were made after the deal (man Marvel was in dire straights in the 90s to sign deals like that).