Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

wolfs posted:

mob psycho 100 s3 / in general is recommended viewing

it’s about the emotional superpower of being a well adjusted emotionally mature human bean

that's least realistic anime protagonist I've ever heard of

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Oct 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Feels like someone really wanted to draw a red star on that Russian's cap.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

That's the jewel of Kislev.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MonsieurChoc posted:

Eureka Seven is legit amazing and all the sequels and spin-offs are bad to dogshit.

It had such a kickass soundtrack too.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Golden Kamuy is really good. That's all.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

this allusion meant posted:

in the witch from mercury, gundam is a mobile suit built on a specific taboo technology that seems to be some kind of special interface that puts the controls closer to your brain, developed for prosthetics. this is given in the prologue episode, which is on youtube or any other place you can watch the show. these sorts of distinguishing technologies are a typical feature in gundam shows; if it’s not a dangerous taboo brain link developed by fatal/disabling surgeries or experiments on children it’s weird materials called like gundanium or something. the general thrust is: gundams are special mobile suits with taboo technology that is weird enough to deter the established powers from relying on them or mass producing them, but people made desperate by some political economic aspects of solar system development have to turn to gundam for lack of military capacity otherwise. the upshot is some kid is able to fight massive amounts of enemies in space with colorful lasers and big explosions
it’s a gundam because i say it is, op

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Dragon Quest: Adventures of Dai finished up this week, it's not gonna break any ground or subvert your expectations, but if you want to see a bunch of heroes beat the dark lord through the power of friendship I highly recommend it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BONGHITZ posted:

I saw the first episode of this and it kinda sucks. the original, at least the movie, seemed fun and whimsical. this one is not.

This is an incredibly wrong thought. Urusei Yatsura owns.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

what's urusei yatsura

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BONGHITZ posted:

I saw the first episode of this and it kinda sucks. the original, at least the movie, seemed fun and whimsical. this one is not.
wrong and stupid

I. M. Gei posted:

what's urusei yatsura
death penalty

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the tone of this new one is all off to me, its a weird anime

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

ignorance is not a crime

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I. M. Gei posted:

what's urusei yatsura

not much whats urusei yatsura with you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
to actually answer though it's a hallmark classic in the romantic comedy genre, where a kooky alien babe moves in with a dumbass idiot and hijinks ensue

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

dont know if I can get down to magical girl high school stuff but utena is pretty fun. gay times at thigh gap high.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Idk how MHA is getting away with slow playing a raid (though im only following the dub)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Re: eureka 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YOTh5Tmtg

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

g-witch is good lol

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

g-witch is good lol

Escaping a marriage proposal by getting in my giant robot and flying away

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

pillsburysoldier posted:

Idk how MHA is getting away with slow playing a raid (though im only following the dub)

They're still doing it in the sub

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

MHA had my attention for a few seasons but then I realized I sympathized more with the villains trying to reshape the superpowered society than the super cops

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
been thinkin about anime peoples closets. they wear the same piece every time or got a closet full of em?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Homeless Friend posted:

been thinkin about anime peoples closets. they wear the same piece every time or got a closet full of em?

Clearly you never watched the seminal anime Doug

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

doug would have posted

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
need a drycleaner manga about cleaning the various hosed up clothes of plucky anime protagonist

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wolfs posted:

MHA had my attention for a few seasons but then I realized I sympathized more with the villains trying to reshape the superpowered society than the super cops

Nighteye begging his own quirk to tell himself a different future will happen as he's skewered is an exceptionally good scene. Deku overcoming that was a let down

Most of the villains were p great except all for one just kinda wanting to be a crime dude

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Mr. Lobe posted:

Clearly you never watched the seminal anime Doug

it's a onesie

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
mha is also about to dip in quality soon since the author wanted to wrap up the manga and in order to do so he's going by plot points in incredible speeds

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Lobe posted:

seminal anime Doug

the phrase is "seinen anime"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/rensfe/status/1584010568163241984

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

wolfs posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to? The narrative is constantly hammering on the fact that the system of superheroes is really easily corrupted and does nothing to address the smaller, more pervasive issues of their society that arguably ruin way more lives than any one dude who can turn people into skeletons or whatever. Maybe the manga will end with Deku becoming the next Hero Icon like All Might and that it'll somehow fix everything but that seems doubtful

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Kit Walker posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to? The narrative is constantly hammering on the fact that the system of superheroes is really easily corrupted and does nothing to address the smaller, more pervasive issues of their society that arguably ruin way more lives than any one dude who can turn people into skeletons or whatever. Maybe the manga will end with Deku becoming the next Hero Icon like All Might and that it'll somehow fix everything but that seems doubtful

I haven't kept up with the series but I remember it's established that quirks are getting more and powerful, children are getting super powers that are more destructive than their parents can handle. So maybe it's heading to some kind of apocalypse where society collapses in the face of every person on earth being an unstoppable superhero/villain.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The real supervillain is capitalism

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

wolfs posted:

There's kind of a mix. There are villains who want to hurt people and be stereotypically evil (like the main villain) but there are also a lot of the villainous characters that fell through the cracks and/or got abandoned by the systems that were meant to protect them at key points in their lives. So the series is sort of trying to thread the needle of saying "no, it's not cool that they're killing people and they need to be stopped" but also that there's something fundamentally broken about the society that allowed this, and the protagonist has very specifically made the choice internally that "saving people" includes saving them too.

Although one of them is definitely a mass-murderder so that's gonna be a rough one too.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Also p sure gentle criminal is a pedo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I want to read the dive bar manga

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1584627378617487361?s=20&t=09YBGF6qlLnjljiYqofajw

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wakakozake was good so this will be good too I hope

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pillsburysoldier posted:

no he only looks british

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there were lots of ways to make that scenario a lot less uncomfortable and the manga went right past each of them without stopping. big ol' oof from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

pillsburysoldier posted:

He's 32 she's 22

10 year age gap... Cancelled