Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Steakandchips posted:

At that point, I'd just take the car.

Excuse me sir, this is Cycle Asylum. Please take you “car” elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Eventually I’ll stack enough boxes that they loop around and touch the windshield, thereby creating a BMW C1

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

moxieman posted:

lmao

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Congrats! You have ascended to peak dadbike.

In other news, another normal one on the goldwing today

Almost there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

moxieman posted:

Cars are for fair weather riders that can't harden the gently caress up and embrace bike only life. Get that poo poo out of here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

T Zero posted:

Almost there.

I am wisconsins foremost death stranding cosplayer

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
changing the oil on my K bike, because imma dad

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
I did dad biking yesterday. I took my daughter to her weekend art class on the bike. I also brought back art work in the top box.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blessed dadbike usage for sure

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

should I get a aerostitch one piece riding suit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
If I ever started commuting by motorcycle, it would be the first thing I'd buy.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

should I get a aerostitch one piece riding suit

Yeah but don't use it as your ADV gear in 90* heat in Utah

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
oh god my final form is probably their waxed canvas gear

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I moved from LA to coastal norcal this summer and now its too cold and wet to ride in my stupid air flow textile pants. I've wanted a 1 piece suit for a long time as a commuter.

The little heated handgrips on the VFR are also kinda useless up here

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 11, 2022

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Aerostich:
Pros:
- Can have a regular set of clothes underneath so you just take it off in one fell swoop and you're dressed
- Thoughtlessly be WaterProof (except for driving heavy rain and you will get a BirdBathTM seeping in your crotch)
- Absolutely invisible to cops especially if you get the Grey suit
- Crashes well
Cons:
- Look completely incapable of loving

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Cons:
- Look completely incapable of loving

riding a dadbike cancels this out, it's simple logic

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'd argue that riding a dad bike is proof you've done all the loving you're ever going to and the stitch just makes it permanent

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

My first and most critical warm weather gear is some wool and cotton longjohns. I'll live in the things till spring now.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Slavvy posted:

I'd argue that riding a dad bike is proof you've done all the loving you're ever going to and the stitch just makes it permanent

A one-piece Aerostitch suit is like when someone takes their old hockey stick and encases it in lucite. "I no longer have use for this tool, but remember that it was once used," basically.

Strife fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 12, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

My wife will find it sexy that I’m more protected

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Square wife, square life

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

My wife will find it sexy that I’m more protected

<Insert very funny joke about condoms/marriage>

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I love my lame Roadcrafter, even sweating my rear end off in Florida, but unless you have a place to hang it up when you arrive you can't peel out of it and stuff it in a bag like a jacket & pants. Plus like all one-pieces it's a good "I better lose weight because I'm not spending money to let the gut out on this thing" gym motivation.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I have been an abusive owner of my 1-piece roadcrafter I bought used. I've folded and stuffed it (with added non-newtonian armor pieces) into restaurant 1/2 size lockers plenty of times. All my zippers are hosed on it though. Love it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Basically everyone I know (my wife included) has no idea why I would choose to ride a goldwing.

Dadbike supremacy celibacy

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tourcel

Goldcel

Motocel?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I put my storage tote top box back on and it's such a pro tier quality of life improvement. Takeout containers fit perfectly inside, ever so lightly cradled by the sides like it was designed for it

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Sadly those who scorn top cases will never understand. When the 8-piece chicken bucket with sides drops straight down into your thermal tote bag, and that nestles perfectly in the topcase, you actually touch god for a moment.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Dog Case posted:

I put my storage tote top box back on and it's such a pro tier quality of life improvement. Takeout containers fit perfectly inside, ever so lightly cradled by the sides like it was designed for it

This picture makes me want to trade my MT03 in for a dual sport so bad.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dog Case posted:

Nice DRZ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I like big bikes and I cannot lie

Remy Marathe posted:

Sadly those who scorn top cases will never understand. When the 8-piece chicken bucket with sides drops straight down into your thermal tote bag, and that nestles perfectly in the topcase, you actually touch god for a moment.

This cannot be overstated

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Positively fascinated by your fastening.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Yesterday, for the first time ever, I adjusted the PARKING BRAKE on a motorcycle

just DCT things

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

We managed to make sweat pants in public acceptable, we can do the same with moto luggage.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Gorson posted:

We managed to make sweat pants in public acceptable

Never. Ever.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Gorson posted:

We managed to make sweat pants in public acceptable, we can do the same with moto luggage.

Look, New Balance makes objectively comfortable footwear, tucking your tshirt in while mowing the lawn is more efficient, and maintaining a temperature on the thermostat is good for the environment and the wallet. But wearing sweatpants in public will never be acceptable.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Remy Marathe posted:

:hmmyes:
back from the drz days

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:catstare:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just get a fucken car my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010