Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

Time to smoke hella weed and listen to Gut Feeling. :snoop:

That's not a pot album it's a coke and/or speed album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

BigFactory posted:

I have some Indian music lps (I don’t know if they’re exactly bollywood, It might just be Indian pop from the 70s?) that I never ever listen to. Free in the US and figure out shipping if you’re somewhere else.

Dude yes, we would love that. PM sent.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

That's not a pot album it's a coke and/or speed album.
Gut Geeling is the exception. But every album is a pot album as far as I’m concerned.

If I’m doing coke to a Devo album it’s definitely Oh No! It’s Devo!, but I’m doing it off my copy of Chuck Mangione’s Feels So Good.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

caligulamprey posted:

Gut Geeling is the exception. But every album is a pot album as far as I’m concerned.

If I’m doing coke to a Devo album it’s definitely Oh No! It’s Devo!, but I’m doing it off my copy of Chuck Mangione’s Feels So Good.

Good to know

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

This reminds me. I'm too lazy to dig it up but there's a video of a performance of Whip It they did on Fridays and they are clearly coked out of their loving minds and Mark is like humping this plastic shrub they had on the stage. It's pretty great.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

CPL593H posted:

This reminds me. I'm too lazy to dig it up but there's a video of a performance of Whip It they did on Fridays and they are clearly coked out of their loving minds and Mark is like humping this plastic shrub they had on the stage. It's pretty great.

Their performance of Uncontrollable Urge on Fridays was so loving good.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CPL593H posted:

Mark is like humping this plastic shrub they had on the stage.

drat why didn't I think of that

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Gut Geeling

Pretzellogic
Mar 4, 2005

"I wouldn't..."

The Senator Giroux posted:

Their performance of Uncontrollable Urge on Fridays was so loving good.
You are a warm and beautiful human. That is how I feel.

Pretty good weekend:

That last one has an interesting backstory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flecj2Tkflc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Checked out a place called Lilliput Records today. For anyone familiar with MKE, they’re what became of The Exclusive Company after the owners died.

Found an all time favorite there

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hell yeah, glad you found it. It's such a good album.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s more than I wanted to pay but it’s brand new and honestly a top 10 album for me.

I have a list in my notes app of albums to look for and it was first on the list.

They also had a 6-record set of OutKast’s ATLiens but it was like $70 so I held off despite how rad that would be.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJaoon5PeNM

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ok my King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard studio album collection is current and up to date, at least for the next 4 days.

Was hard to fit them all into one pic

Bootlegs, live albums, and remixes I'm not going to make any attempt to keep current on

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s more than I wanted to pay but it’s brand new and honestly a top 10 album for me.

I have a list in my notes app of albums to look for and it was first on the list.

They also had a 6-record set of OutKast’s ATLiens but it was like $70 so I held off despite how rad that would be.

A 6 LP for 70 bucks is actually a pretty reasonable price. Usually stuff like that is in the 150-200 range. Anyway patience and a discogs want list will also go a long way.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You weren’t kidding. This just came through my twitter feed

https://merch.devolverdigital.com/products/hotline-miami-1-2-the-complete-collection-exclusive-edition-x8lp-boxset

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ooof that hurts my wallet. Not grabbing it because thankfully I only really liked the first games soundtrack and I was fortunate enough to have received it as a gift from my little brother, but that's a nice looking set regardless.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yeah, I wish they were selling them individually as well. I'm not familiar with the second game's OST, but love the first.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
If we're talking video games, the 5 disc of Undertale is 70 bucks. I guess the main difference lies in how HM's soundtrack is all licensed music, means half the price is just licensing fees and whatnot

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
We are gonna go see Ginger Root on Friday; they bill themselves as "aggressive elevator soul" and are absolutely lovely. Hoping to get one of their albums signed by the band after the show. :3

https://gingerroot.bandcamp.com/album/mahjong-room (Their album from 2018, may still be my favorite.)
https://gingerroot.bandcamp.com/album/city-slicker (Juban District is A+++++)
https://gingerroot.bandcamp.com/album/weather-slump (Weather is a fantastic single)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Learned today one of the albums I’ve had on my wishlist for a while (Melodrama) has been reprinted and then when I went to browse the discogs store I ordered it from I saw loving Alive 2007 also got released on vinyl this year, what a loving get that album is perfect

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dorium posted:

ooof that hurts my wallet. Not grabbing it because thankfully I only really liked the first games soundtrack and I was fortunate enough to have received it as a gift from my little brother, but that's a nice looking set regardless.

Same boat here, but even then, this is the standout track in my mind by far, and I really cant pay $165 to have this on vinyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXRvvGr8Ug

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Sturdy shipper and this drat record still comes in like this

https://imgur.com/a/MvGlovh

First time I'm unhappy with the way a record arrives. Never emailed CS before for this kind of thing. Let's see what happens. I just want a new jacket.

edit: It's the QOTSA S/T reissue

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I don’t like those shippers they use. I prefer those square ones as basic shippers or Mike from The In Groove has legit the greatest shipping boxes out of everyone though. Same style as the Acoustic Productions shippers. Just the best.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

IG-88 posted:

Sturdy shipper and this drat record still comes in like this

https://imgur.com/a/MvGlovh

First time I'm unhappy with the way a record arrives. Never emailed CS before for this kind of thing. Let's see what happens. I just want a new jacket.

edit: It's the QOTSA S/T reissue

I got a pristine copy of No New York for 20 bucks and it got a warp in the shipping that made it unplayable.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I DJed a Halloween party at my local brewery last night. It was a lot of fun and I was stoked when someone recognized Giorgio Moroder's 'The Chase' from Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell.

Here's a link if interested, it's just shy of 5 hours.

https://www.mixcloud.com/CaptainBeefart21/halloween-set/

Playlist:

B52s - Planet Claire
Beak - Life Goes On
La Femme - Amour Dans
Thee Oh Sees - Toe Cutter
John Carpenter - Assault on precinct 13
Grails - New Prague
Pixies - Is She Weird
Ween - Johnny on the Spot
Yo La Tengo - Pass the hatchet
Frank Zappa - Peaches En Regalia
Talking heads - Crosseyed and Painless
Spiritual Cramp - Television
Death in Vegas - Dirge
ESG - Parking Lot Blues
Doseone & Boom Bip - The Lantern
Enon - Rougher than Hell and Rubberneck
John carpenter - Halloween
Beak - King of the Castle
B52s - Deep Sleep
Thee Oh sees - Jammed Exit
Rhyton - Lit on the DL
Lobisomem - Under the Aegis
Capitol K - Plant Communication
Giorgio Moroder - The chase
Sepehr - Contamination
Aphex Twin - Cheetah
Kamaall Williams - Snitches Brew
Frank Zappa - Chungas Revenge
Don cherry - Brown Rice
Orua - Santo Amaro
Ween - Voodoo Lady
Rakta - Fin du mond
Led Zeppelin - in my time of dying
Pink Floyd - interstellar
Pink Floyd - the gnome
Equipment pointed ankh - rainbow cotillion
Devo - space junk
Meat puppets - aurora
Shadowy men on a shadowy planet - shake some evil
Wall of voodoo - factory
Wussy - rainbows and butterfly's
Hooveriii - we're both lawyers
Sunburned Hand of the Man - pick a day to die, flex, black lights
B52s - Rock lobster
Chris Forsyth - experimental and professional
Captain Beefheart - I'm Gonna Booglarize You, Baby
Captain Beefheart - Semi Multicolored Caucasian
Panda Bear - Take Pills
Thee oh sees - crack in your eye
Rhyton - stone colored
Equipment Pointed Ankh - Town Hall Swing and Gary's Room
Robert Palmer - Johnny and Mary
Bitchin Bajas - Outer Spaceways Incorporated and Moon Dance
Brian Eno - Here come the warm jets

CaptainBeefart fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 31, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
went to the record store today

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

I DJed a Halloween party at my local brewery last night. It was a lot of fun and I was stoked when someone recognized Giorgio Moroder's 'The Chase' from Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell.

Here's a link if interested, it's just shy of 5 hours.

https://www.mixcloud.com/CaptainBeefart21/halloween-set/

ty I forget, is there a playlist?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

petit choux posted:

ty I forget, is there a playlist?

I added it to the original post, good idea.

Thanks again for turning me on to Captain Beefheart' Semi-Multicolored Caucasian, it's so good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Sacred Bones is having a mystery bundle sale for LPs with jacket damage

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/products/dinged-n-dented-mystery-bundle?mc_cid=58321088b6&mc_eid=f8da7c6d70

It's a very good deal from a very good record label!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sacred Bones is having a mystery bundle sale for LPs with jacket damage

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/products/dinged-n-dented-mystery-bundle?mc_cid=58321088b6&mc_eid=f8da7c6d70

It's a very good deal from a very good record label!

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just grabbed a five lp bundle.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Oh hey, I haven't been picking up an vinyl lately but I was at a thrift store where clearly a classic old school hippie's stuff was all donated at once and I wound up buying up a couple hundred books, CDs and DVDs at a dollar each. And since this is the obsolete media thread (so long as it's cool) I thought I'd mention I just got some instructional VHS cassettes from this haul as well, thereby learning about him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashwin_Batish

I bet some of you cats and kitties know of him already. Seems to have a really swinging repertoire.

ED: they are on how to play sitar, forgot to mention

petit choux fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 31, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

I added it to the original post, good idea.

Thanks again for turning me on to Captain Beefheart' Semi-Multicolored Caucasian, it's so good.

to some extent I agree with the criticisms of the album, but still sorta feel by the same token it's sort of a distillation of Captain Beefheart, but as such yeah, I like it a lot. They say his later albums were sort of a "pop" version of Captain Beefheart, IIRC, but I'd still give them a shot. Honestly I was like one of the last miserable dregs of the original hippie culture and I think maybe if I had met Dan at a hippie gathering I would have run the other way ASAP but I still go by the rule of thumb that I don't criticize the art for any of the artist's personal things, to a point, and I still love his band.

I just can't stop going on about this hippie trove I found, I got just a smattering of some of his best poo poo. Like at least one text from nearly every major yoga movement of the 60s-70s. Also a nice Floyd DVD. Oh and DVDs that look to be of the "surviving edged weapons" school, I took a pic of them:

I think I'm just going to flip these if anybody's interested. I'm not a big weapons guy.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cloks posted:

went to the record store today

this is some good poo poo

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

petit choux posted:

Oh and DVDs that look to be of the "surviving edged weapons" school, I took a pic of them:

I think I'm just going to flip these if anybody's interested. I'm not a big weapons guy.
You need to watch the cold steel ones before you get rid of them. The dude doing the demonstrations is PROBABLY serious, but it's a little hard to tell.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

stealie72 posted:

You need to watch the cold steel ones before you get rid of them. The dude doing the demonstrations is PROBABLY serious, but it's a little hard to tell.

LOL will do. Today I found a turntable, took the platter off and wuff, there's no place for a belt! Apparently my first direct drive. Ever heard of a Sony PS-252, anybody? Any reason I should use it instead of my Technics SL-B2?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

petit choux posted:

LOL will do. Today I found a turntable, took the platter off and wuff, there's no place for a belt! Apparently my first direct drive. Ever heard of a Sony PS-252, anybody? Any reason I should use it instead of my Technics SL-B2?

I don’t think you’d like it any more or less really. It’s not a piece of junk if it’s working but not I wouldn’t think it’s an upgrade over the technics. Lateral move maybe. What’s the cartridge?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

BigFactory posted:

I don’t think you’d like it any more or less really. It’s not a piece of junk if it’s working but not I wouldn’t think it’s an upgrade over the technics. Lateral move maybe. What’s the cartridge?

I am seeing text on the head and on the cartridge, if I'm using the right terminology. VL-38GA and on the cart itself, ND-138G. Oh and I'm now seeing a scrape to the front of it, jeez I might have to keep it.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 1, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

If it’s operational (and if that’s plastic on the dust cover and it’s not a terrible mess) you could sell that for $100 without trying.