Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Here is my French heavy tank journey. You can see which tank I hated the most.

Also, I never realized how many games I played in the 50 120...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

drat, that's impressive. How does that compare to your normal stats?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

drat, that's impressive. How does that compare to your normal stats?

That grind was DEFINATLY on the higher end of my stats. Something about French tanks just always clicked with me.

My stats are not as good as they used to be though and a lot of the French tanks stats were when I was at my "prime".

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bought the AMX M4 45, decided to give the 105mm fun gun a chance. Good lord this thing is FILTHY. Since I decided to keep the ARL 44 as well just for fun, I guess I should also start using the 105 on it since jesus christ that's gonna be hilariously stupid at T6.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This loving thing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, the buff combined with the T29 nerf probably made it the strongest tier 7 heavy.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

McGavin posted:

Yeah, the buff combined with the T29 nerf probably made it the strongest tier 7 heavy.

what happened to the T29 ? Haven't played in forever and this is my fav tank (probably because of whatever got it nerfed).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This loving thing.

I hate that you are making me want to buy it back...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

MREBoy posted:

what happened to the T29 ? Haven't played in forever and this is my fav tank (probably because of whatever got it nerfed).

They nerfed the top gun handling and dpm quite a bit. Unsure if they did anything else

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am probably not going to have enough tokens for the Cobra before they wipe it, so should I get the 777 or Loraine?

Edit: Or the Kunze, K-91.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 24, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mesadoram posted:

I am probably not going to have enough tokens for the Cobra before they wipe it, so should I get the 777 or Loraine?

if the lorraine is anything like it was when it was still in the actual tree, it's a fat blob with no armor that is also a riot to play

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Different Lorraine.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

It depends on your playstyle.
The Kunze is an interesting variation on the Leo PTA, crossbred with a Ru251/HWK30. If you do well in those and enjoy them, Kunze is a good choice. High potential and ceiling.
Char 4 is the same for Batchats and AMX 13s. Some people never get over the awkward 4s intraclip reload though.

The 777 is a sidescraper one trick pony. If you don't have the discipline to sit a game out and defend your chosen corner/rock, avoid. In the open it's a joke.
Lorraine is generic hulldown turret one trick pony, mounted on a squishy AMX 50-120 hull for no good reason. Abysmal dpm for no discernable reason too.

I have no idea what the K-91 is about, some goons seems to like it though. I guess some dev really loves playing the STG(Guard) and thinks having a turret is just plain cheating.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 24, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I’m getting the cobra tomorrow and I’m going to put Cobra Commander in it

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I haven't played the Lorraine or Kunza but if I had to choose between the 777 and the K-91-PT I would go with the K-91. I like mobile stealthy TD gameplay more than sidescraping heavies.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 24, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

I love the K-91. It's like a baby Bobject. Fast, good armour, decent gun. Fun to zoom around in and shotgun motherfuckers.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Get the Kunze. Hands down.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think I got my one game damage record today. 5840 in the Object 268v4. Just drove through the enemy team blasting motherfuckers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think I got my one game damage record today. 5840 in the Object 268v4. Just drove through the enemy team blasting motherfuckers.

:allears:

That feeling of melting a team never gets old.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

trip report: lmao at the cobra commander voice acting

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

trip report: lmao at the cobra commander voice acting

Breaks my heart that I wont be able to put Cobra Commander into the Cobra :smith:.

I've come around on the Halloween event, it is chaotic and fun. I just wish you get better rewards for playing it game by game. Getting crew members is fantastic, but some credits per game or something would be nice.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mesadoram posted:

I've come around on the Halloween event, it is chaotic and fun. I just wish you get better rewards for playing it game by game. Getting crew members is fantastic, but some credits per game or something would be nice.

The reasoning for it is also kinda :unsmith: because the dev team for the PvE events is based in Kiev so fot understandable reasons wanted to work on something lighthearted and fun instead of all dark and red lighting.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

skaianDestiny posted:

The reasoning for it is also kinda :unsmith: because the dev team for the PvE events is based in Kiev so fot understandable reasons wanted to work on something lighthearted and fun instead of all dark and red lighting.

Honestly, I would love more PvE focused events. I do love this game, but sometimes just trying to grind out tanks when it is 29v1 can be soul draining.

On a side note, and I know this will sound weird, I am almost glad in a way that Frontline is not year-round. Makes it feel special and refreshing when they do release it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

One of the best parts of their recent events is having them locked at same tier. All-6, all-7, all-8 etc. Not having to deal with the utter bullshit of +2 MM has been amazing.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
How is the Cobra?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

skaianDestiny posted:

How is the Cobra?

Stupid fun.

Stay with a group but try to remain hidden. Then roll out when the red tanks in front of you think they have the upper hand and push recklessly. I don't have a good win rate in it, but I don't mind. I usually load it up when I've had a lot of bad games and just want to make tanks disappear.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If you are struggling with the Halloween event, I suggest giving the Caer a whirl. I am using faster reload, more hp and whatever is needed for the quest. It feel so good to use in this mode.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's the AMX M4 45 fully done, both T8s unlocked. Just gonna grind out the rest of the BP points and then move my crew on to the T8 and keep going.

This thing is stupidly fun with the 100mm fun gun.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

If you are struggling with the Halloween event, I suggest giving the Caer a whirl. I am using faster reload, more hp and whatever is needed for the quest. It feel so good to use in this mode.

I'm using the LT-432 and ramming everybody. Heavy and medium tanks are usually easier targets than light tanks because most the other light tanks are doing the same thing I am and have the magical armor perk. I really am enjoying the 10 minute cap and most damage wins mechanic that for draws. That is one thing they should have in randoms, draws are dumb. Even if you "win" by forcing a draw when you are losing, it's still a loss.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, that magical armour perk sucks rear end when you're trying to ram everyone. It shouldn't prevent ram damage, just increase yours.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's the AMX M4 45 fully done, both T8s unlocked. Just gonna grind out the rest of the BP points and then move my crew on to the T8 and keep going.

This thing is stupidly fun with the 100mm fun gun.

Try to get out of the T8 as quickly as possible if you value your sanity and low blood pressure.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

How is the Cobra?

i discovered it to be a lot bigger and a lot slower than i imagined. it's not like i hadn't seen them in game, but idk, it was surprising for me when i was driving it

it's also very expensive to run since you want to use a lot of HESH. however, taking t8 mediums from 100 to 0 in 6 seconds fuckin rules

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Try to get out of the T8 as quickly as possible if you value your sanity and low blood pressure.

Yeah I've heard it ain't great. Might use some blueprints to make the grind at least faster.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I've heard it ain't great. Might use some blueprints to make the grind at least faster.

Do it. The 65t is slow, shittly armored with a rather mediocre gun. It is not worth actually grinding it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I played a total of 3 games in mine and went nope.

I don't think whatever tiny buffs they gave it have really helped at all either.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I played a total of 3 games in mine and went nope.

I don't think whatever tiny buffs they gave it have really helped at all either.

You can put a poster over a hole in the wall, but at the end of the day there is still a hole in the wall.

Unless they REALLY buff that thing (which they wont) it will always just be a bad platform. It is really quite sad because the rest of that tree is just filled with absolute killer tanks.

Possibly fake edit: I was determined to grind it out instead of skipping it. That was a huge mistake and made me quit the game for a few months.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Okay, I broke down and started playing again. I still am not good, but a fair amount of that is I'm FTPing this one.

What I don't understand right now is how is the match making putting 6 mediums on one side, with quite a few of them being the S35s of one sort or an other, and 2 mediums on the other team (usually the one I'm one) and expect anything other than a complete stomp of the team that is mostly lights? It's a poo poo show at the lower tiers that I'm trying to grind right now.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SpannerX posted:

Okay, I broke down and started playing again. I still am not good, but a fair amount of that is I'm FTPing this one.

What I don't understand right now is how is the match making putting 6 mediums on one side, with quite a few of them being the S35s of one sort or an other, and 2 mediums on the other team (usually the one I'm one) and expect anything other than a complete stomp of the team that is mostly lights? It's a poo poo show at the lower tiers that I'm trying to grind right now.

Lower tiers are oddly a mess right now. Due to the diminishing player base, OP tanks and ease of getting out of lower tiers the MM tends to "do its best" when making matches.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I got the Kunze Panzer today and got a top gun and 4k damage in my first game. Time to retire it and hang onto to that 100% WR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

I got the Kunze Panzer today and got a top gun and 4k damage in my first game. Time to retire it and hang onto to that 100% WR

Ah! The one and done club! I have only a couple of tanks I will never play because of that: