Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

cardinal exceptionalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals left tackle dislocated his knee cap and ended up playing the rest of the game and starting the next week. It's not necessarily a gruesome injury, sometimes there's no real damage.
Who was this animal?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Ya, why is that? They have tremendous talent on both sides of the ball, at this point I'm scratching my head

Herbert is hurt, injuries to key skill position players, bad coaching.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

Herbert is hurt, injuries to key skill position players, bad coaching.

Saints can help y'all with that coaching.

Won't be cheap.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Saints can help y'all with that coaching.

Won't be cheap.

Can't trade picks for coaches anymore right?

So it's just money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man imagine knowing that after December you can retire and you’re seeing a check for… roughly 39 million or so after taxes, dues and fees…

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

N: The Falcons have the worst pass defense in the NFL by yardage

V: Sign Freddie

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1584259196157014017

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Gus Edwards won us the game. He is so good at getting that one yard when we need it. This 4th and 1 it was not even an issue and we converted. We would be at least 5-1 if he hadn't been hurt and who knows what last season would have looked like.

Andrews basically didn't play today with how little he was targeted. Feel like we had him out there just for distraction.

D has got to figure something out in 4th quarters. They are getting killed every game even if they are ok though that point.

obviously need a larger sample size but it felt like gus edwards basically solved all the short yardage woes. dude can grind

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

Can't trade picks for coaches anymore right?

So it's just money

Nope, you can. The Bucs and Cardinals swapped picks as part of the trade for Bruce Arians rights.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nope, you can. The Bucs and Cardinals swapped picks as part of the trade for Bruce Arians rights.

Seeing as we're in the AFC and gifted the Saints drew brees, perhaps their asking price won't be as high!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Igbinogheneez

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sweet thursday posted:

Igbinogheneez

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
fire matt canada and draft bryce young. gently caress i hate watching this piece of poo poo team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The giants are loving torturing me.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

- Mandrews got shut out on national TE day, that's hosed up

- Gus Edwards owns and we needed him so badly

- Think I'm ready to move on from Greg Roman even though his run concepts are sometimes genius

- gently caress the Steelers ahahaha

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
kenny pickett completely sucked rear end for 4 years then got hot and feasted on the worst conference slate ever in his 5th year. truly a shocker that he loving sucks big time in the pros

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Still just lolling at the buccs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If Rodgers goes to the HoF so should Joe Flacco

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one thing's for sure. the brwons have the most talented roster in the nfl. goodnight. I mean browns

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

Still just lolling at the buccs.

Hell, same. Probably the most embarrassing loss I can remember and I've seen some poo poo.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

If Rodgers goes to the HoF so should Joe Flacco
Second

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I haven't really seen a QB like Pickett in the NFL before. He looks incredibly smooth and effective in the short game, but as soon as he has to throw more then ten yards the decision making, technique and results all become absolutely horrific

I wonder if a young tiny-handed Alex Smith was like that

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I enjoyed my sunday night football experience

but I also thought the second half of the jags/bills playoff game in 2018 was compelling so i might be an idiot

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

joe football posted:

I haven't really seen a QB like Pickett in the NFL before. He looks incredibly smooth and effective in the short game, but as soon as he has to throw more then ten yards the decision making, technique and results all become absolutely horrific

Welcome to the CFL

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

joe football posted:

Just put here be dragons on his throw chart for anything beyond the short stuff.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Seeing as we're in the AFC and gifted the Saints drew brees, perhaps their asking price won't be as high!

Had you asked two months ago, blind optimism would have maybe won you a decent deal. But as we stare into the abyss of 40 more years of irrelevance the old adage of misery loves company comes to mind.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

joe football posted:

You really never watched teddy Bridgewater play?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaXMtggYM8Q

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

joe football posted:

It doesn't help with Canada's play calling and having a lovely O-Line

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Man, offenses across the league this year seem like they're terrible.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who knew the Shanavay system can't beat Cover loving 2

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Redeye Flight posted:

Man, offenses across the league this year seem like they're terrible.

There are a lot of bad QBs.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who knew the Shanavay system can't beat Cover loving 2

I mean there's a reason play action was hardly used at all in they heyday of tampa 2 in the late 90s/early 2000s

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know fantasy football isn't the nfl but I think scoring there is down like 20% overall.

As far as tracking trends thats a lot less big performances from star players and a offenses in general.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Look at the QBs starting for most teams and it’s no mystery why scoring is down. There are about 10 teams who have a guy they’d be okay starting next year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Look at the QBs starting for most teams and it’s no mystery why scoring is down. There are about 10 teams who have a guy they’d be okay starting next year.

Yeah for sure. There's a serious lack of talent there at the moment.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It doesn't help that most of the young qbs the past two drafts have all busted with the best being... zappe

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AB banned from the forums for Rivals puns:

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1584278468862554112?s=20&t=H0_Xd31GxMRwarlVvF3ncg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

It doesn't help that most of the young qbs the past two drafts have all busted with the best being... zappe

You've also got 2 first rounders finishing up their starting careers in Carolina from 2018 and a third from that same class that mega sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I do dig.