Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Shadow0 posted:

It's a good thing I brought an entire suitcase of carrier pigeons with me. I can probably restock when I reach Pet Island.

Putting pigeons in a suitcase? PI is going to end you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Putting pigeons in a suitcase? PI is going to end you

He's going through TG right now, so it's clearly a suitcase of holding. It's fine.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i smell a rat. this whole operation is a ruse. op is part of the fyadqcs cabal and all of the fyad probings were arranged in advance. it's all for show, and the rest of this whole posting adventure is nothing but misdirection.

in the end, op's account will not be banned and this will be used as evidence to disprove the existence of the fyadqcs permaban campaign against innocent gbs posters who have dared to speak out. more gbs posters will be lured to visit fyad as a result, and they will learn the hard way when it's bye bye to their accounts.

and really, it could not be more obvious. i mean for heaven's sake, op's name is "shadow" and where does the fyadqcs cabal operate? that's right. they're throwing it in our faces and there's nothing we can do about it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

i smell a rat. this whole operation is a ruse. op is part of the fyadqcs cabal and all of the fyad probings were arranged in advance. it's all for show, and the rest of this whole posting adventure is nothing but misdirection.

in the end, op's account will not be banned and this will be used as evidence to disprove the existence of the fyadqcs permaban campaign against innocent gbs posters who have dared to speak out. more gbs posters will be lured to visit fyad as a result, and they will learn the hard way when it's bye bye to their accounts.

and really, it could not be more obvious. i mean for heaven's sake, op's name is "shadow" and where does the fyadqcs cabal operate? that's right. they're throwing it in our faces and there's nothing we can do about it.

lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

OP was Jeffrey all along, driving forums engagement

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
The next thread is available for your posting pleasure! Thread for agreeing on conventions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Shadow0 posted:

The next thread is available for your posting pleasure! Thread for agreeing on conventions

I have Opinions on Y/M/D and other conventions but alas, this is a realm into which I cannot follow

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have Opinions on Y/M/D and other conventions but alas, this is a realm into which I cannot follow

And people thought FYAD was scary...

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
📝 Travel update:

PGS is great - if you know there's demand for your server before you set up your thread. My thread is still almost the top thread though, even after a couple of days, so it might just be that the subforum is very sleepy. I didn't want to pick something so general that similar threads already existed, but also I didn't really check if anyone wanted my exact server/thread. Oh well, maybe someone will find the thread useful in the next month that it stays relevant.

When I arrived in TG, I had noticed a thread that felt suspiciously like my own idea for a thread. I don't know why I decided not to check it, but I still think the threads are different enough. Unfortunately, my thread may have been a bit too difficult to reply to. Someone in the thread had suggested a good idea for a thread, but with many of my resources an ocean away, I am in some ways limited.

TGR is wonderful, I used to visit a lot a few years ago, and I still owe the posters there a favor.
It's great to see the Mafia crew are still dedicated to their craft. I considered running a Mafia game again, but I elected to go with Dungeons & Dragons.
We already have some signs up for the game, and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

I wasn't sure how well my thread would go in D&D. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of deep knowledge of topics relevant there, and finding something that wasn't already covered was going to be a challenge. Still I think I found something worth discussing. But I was very surprised at how quickly the thread picked up posts.
I think it's one of the more popular subforums, even if it is often a contender on people's list of least favorite ones. And yet, at least in my own thread, people are discussing the topic with a civility you unfortunately don't see in other parts of the Internet, which is nice to see.
Though perhaps the thread just hasn't become controversial enough yet (which is probably good).

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 24, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm gonna pick a fight about spacing and fonts with sebmojo, what a jerkbag that guy is

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
Single spaces 4 lyfe.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm gonna pick a fight about spacing and fonts with sebmojo, what a jerkbag that guy is

My esteem for the op has dropped slightly now that I know he likes the Oxford comma

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MakaVillian posted:

My esteem for the op has dropped slightly now that I know he likes the Oxford comma

It takes a lot of courage to publicly admit you're in the wrong, and I applaud you

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It takes a lot of courage to publicly admit you're in the wrong, and I applaud you

I think you'll find it is you who is wrong

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leperflesh posted:

:buddy:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

S   p     a       c         e

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the final font tier

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress spaces it's all about double gap paragraphs

This is the future

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
I got made fun of by kids because I double space after a period. I tell you there's no justice.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh no, the call debate is coming from inside the thread! :phoneb::phoneline::hmmwrong::hmmwrong::hmmwrong:

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 21, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Ah. Double spaces after punctuation penetrate my skull and directly damage my brain. But they aren't as bad as no spaces.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

Ah. Double spaces after punctuation penetrate my skull and directly damage my brain. But they aren't as bad as no spaces.

Justlolifyouusespacesjustlmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
interested to see what your CSPAM thread is today friend!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

posting about cspam is a probateable offence. final warning.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I don't usually keep up with current events, which is probably why I'm so happy all the time, but I think maybe I have a thread idea?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a thread about hawaiian recipes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OP's journey gonna be longer than Liz Truss's time as PM lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

unless... the cabal

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Now that I'm reading through CSPAM's rules, I realize I may have mistaken the purpose of the subforum. Oh well, it's probably fine.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Public transit should be free

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that the LP will be tomorrow later today! I'll update the OP with a link to the stream (and later the YouTube VOD) after I do some more fine-tuning of the audio in the morning, but everything seems to work.
Link to the thread again: Factorio: Biters for resources - Multiplayer stream event!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
looking forward to you going mad with power and probing everyone who posted in that thread.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! :canada: Tell me about moving to Canada

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rarity posted:

OP's journey gonna be longer than Liz Truss's time as PM lol
:rubby:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know Ask threads are usually more interesting, and maybe Ask me about cultural fatigue might have been a better thread, but we'll see how this one goes. I have approximate knowledge of many things, but I don't know anything extremely deeply. Especially something that doesn't clearly just belong in another subforum. Oh well.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

Reminder that the LP will be tomorrow later today! I'll update the OP with a link to the stream (and later the YouTube VOD) after I do some more fine-tuning of the audio in the morning, but everything seems to work.
Link to the thread again: Factorio: Biters for resources - Multiplayer stream event!

Live stream event starting in about an hour! :0

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Hey OP, thank you for making my morning great thanks to your adventures

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Adolf Glitter posted:

Hey OP, thank you for making my morning great thanks to your adventures

Aww, thanks! :) And thank you for the lovely post!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is elevated! :eng101: Your favorite words in any language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
OP's threads are bringing some much needed fresh air in forums that are wastelands of megathreads, abandoned by the bookmark only posters (I am one of them).