Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

priznat posted:

Lmao what the hell is that from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwjogp4wIo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

...The lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone i set my mind in motion

Thufir:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2OKcHAwQY

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh my goddd that is nasty lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I will bend like a reed in the wind

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Leto.... you've lost another Duncah ghola?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NO Solid Loafs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FBS posted:

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

FBS posted:

They keep trying to defect!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Selusa Throat singers

Let them sing

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Some things in here don't react well to lasguns

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Listen son, the Tlielaxu don't breed a ghola without a plan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shaddam to the Baron: You arrogant rear end, you’ve killed US!

The Baron:

kiimo fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 20, 2022

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

when is a meltdown not a meltdown?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kiimo posted:

The Baron:

The baron getting out of the vat of oil

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

kiimo posted:

The Baron:

Nice, I always forget he's in that movie

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

priznat posted:

Lmao what the hell is that from

E; beaten, take this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpkZ7ZfCXls

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Nice, I always forget he's in that movie

"I forgot Stellan Skarsgard was in it" is really an incredible compliment to the cast

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Do you think Gurney will yell "you young pup" in Dunc Part II?

Randomwaffle gave me this and I started wondering:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Flakey posted:

The first game developed by Cryo Interactive is quite an interesting experience, if there's anyone who hasn't played it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Flakey posted:

100% this quote will be in the movie. Brolin might take some liberty with it like the 'cattle' line but I totally can see him saying it.

I really want "I WILL KILL HIM," too.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
I have Atreides honor absolutely

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I wonder how they're going to streamline Paul's (and Jessica's) ascension for the film. There's some stuff in there like the whole Reverend Mother thing that feels too cumbersome for the screen to me, but I struggle with how else to explain the Water of Life. Maybe they'll nix that entirely and just have Paul's godhood come directly from his spice exposure.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I would bet that the water of life orgy is the cinematic tent pole of the entire film, a la the Third Matrix

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flakey posted:

This game rules.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
30 minute long scruffy poop smeared fremen orgy in a cave with decade old dubstep soundtrack :dance:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watched this movie again tonight. Still great, still surprised at how many of the most iconic scenes were in both this one and the Lynch movie and how well they work in each film.

Loling that Christopher Walken is gonna play Shaddam IV. Wonder if he'll speak like himself or if they'll give him the weird Sardaukar throat singing voice.

Wait a minute, would that mean that Christopher Walken will travel to Arrakis to check out Muad'dib's new weapon: Weapon of Voice?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mister Speaker posted:

100% this quote will be in the movie. Brolin might take some liberty with it like the 'cattle' line but I totally can see him saying it.

I really want "I WILL KILL HIM," too.

If I WILL KILL HIM is not in the movie I'll be loving RAGING

Also bend like a reed in the wind better be up in this

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The first game developed by Cryo Interactive is quite an interesting experience, if there's anyone who hasn't played it.

Yeah it is. Some extremely translated from French writing (cleaned up a bit in the CD version, which also features a cast of dozens voiced by like 5 actors, with sometimes bizarre line readings) but the game design is unique and the gameplay still holds up.

Also, the best Dune soundtrack to date, obviously

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Colonel Cancer posted:

30 minute long scruffy poop smeared fremen orgy in a cave with decade old dubstep soundtrack :dance:

More prescient visions in this post-avatar combo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Mister Speaker posted:

I wonder how they're going to streamline Paul's (and Jessica's) ascension for the film. There's some stuff in there like the whole Reverend Mother thing that feels too cumbersome for the screen to me, but I struggle with how else to explain the Water of Life. Maybe they'll nix that entirely and just have Paul's godhood come directly from his spice exposure.

I dunno, I think that's quite an important plot point for Jessica and they'll see it as an opportunity for Rebecca Ferguson to do some Acting (rightly so, since she's fantastic)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arc Hammer posted:

Watched this movie again tonight. Still great, still surprised at how many of the most iconic scenes were in both this one and the Lynch movie and how well they work in each film.

Loling that Christopher Walken is gonna play Shaddam IV. Wonder if he'll speak like himself or if they'll give him the weird Sardaukar throat singing voice.

Wait a minute, would that mean that Christopher Walken will travel to Arrakis to check out Muad'dib's new weapon: Weapon of Voice?

Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad's. We were in that Salsua Secundus pit of hell together for over five years. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Duke Leto would be talking right now to my daughter Irulan. But the way it turned out is I'm talking to you, Paul. I got something for ya...This signet ring I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the Butlerian Jihad. It was bought in a little general store on Ix, made by the first company to ever make rings and thinking machines. Up until then, people just carried pocket signets. It was bought by Grand Duke Leto the negative 1 the day he set sail for Caladan. This was your great-grandfather's war signet ring, and he wore it every day he was in the war. Then when he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the ring off and put it in an old spice can. And in that can it stayed 'til your granddad Duke Leto the zeroth was called upon by his house to go and fight once again. This time they were really into bullfighting enormous bulls with a stubby sword. Your great-grandfather gave this signet ring to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Leto’s luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Leto was a swordsman and he was killed along with all the other swordsmen at the huge rear end bullfight. Your granddad was facing death, and he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that bullfight alive. So three days before the giant, insane bull that was hopped up on ever type of stimulant in known space crushed his entire body into paste, your granddad asked an assistant navigator/wetvac operator on a guild heighliner named *guttural grunts, clicking*, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he had never seen in the flesh, his signet ring. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But *guttural grunts, clicking* kept his word. After the bullfights were over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad's signet ring. This signet ring. This signet ring was on your Daddy's finger when he was captured by Baron Harkonnen. He was captured and put in a paralytic stupor. He knew if the harks ever saw the signet ring that it'd be confiscated; taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, this signet ring was your birthright. He'd be damned if any harkholes were gonna put their greasy pale hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His rear end. Five long minutes, he wore this signet ring up his rear end. And then he died of some poison tooth thing, he gave me the signet ring. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my rear end for two hours. Then, after a space voyage that felt like seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the signet ring to you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

priznat posted:

Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad's. We were in that Salsua Secundus pit of hell together for over five years. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Duke Leto would be talking right now to my daughter Irulan. But the way it turned out is I'm talking to you, Paul. I got something for ya...This signet ring I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the Butlerian Jihad. It was bought in a little general store on Ix, made by the first company to ever make rings and thinking machines. Up until then, people just carried pocket signets. It was bought by Grand Duke Leto the negative 1 the day he set sail for Caladan. This was your great-grandfather's war signet ring, and he wore it every day he was in the war. Then when he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the ring off and put it in an old spice can. And in that can it stayed 'til your granddad Duke Leto the zeroth was called upon by his house to go and fight once again. This time they were really into bullfighting enormous bulls with a stubby sword. Your great-grandfather gave this signet ring to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Leto’s luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Leto was a swordsman and he was killed along with all the other swordsmen at the huge rear end bullfight. Your granddad was facing death, and he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that bullfight alive. So three days before the giant, insane bull that was hopped up on ever type of stimulant in known space crushed his entire body into paste, your granddad asked an assistant navigator/wetvac operator on a guild heighliner named *guttural grunts, clicking*, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he had never seen in the flesh, his signet ring. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But *guttural grunts, clicking* kept his word. After the bullfights were over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad's signet ring. This signet ring. This signet ring was on your Daddy's finger when he was captured by Baron Harkonnen. He was captured and put in a paralytic stupor. He knew if the harks ever saw the signet ring that it'd be confiscated; taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, this signet ring was your birthright. He'd be damned if any harkholes were gonna put their greasy pale hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His rear end. Five long minutes, he wore this signet ring up his rear end. And then he died of some poison tooth thing, he gave me the signet ring. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my rear end for two hours. Then, after a space voyage that felt like seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the signet ring to you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Arc Hammer posted:

I imagine he'll have his own voice- the Sarduakar aren't the Emperor's people, iirc, or at least while he rules the world he's of the nobility, not from the same upbringing.

Colonel Cancer posted:

You can't tell me Spice Up Your Life isn't gonna be in there.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

priznat posted:

nice

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

The Emperor waved a hand toward Paul's Fedaykin guards. "One of your rabble has my belt and toe knife. If Feyd-Rautha wishes it, he may meet you with my blade in his hand."

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

priznat posted:

I love you

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

LOL WAHAD