Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

That part of Brooklyn is also incredibly gentrified and the idea of anyone being scared while walking the streets there is loving hilarious. Was it the IKEA or the golf course that struck terror into his gentle heart? The dozens of moms pushing baby strollers? Too many foreign food options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Kit Walker posted:

That part of Brooklyn is also incredibly gentrified and the idea of anyone being scared while walking the streets there is loving hilarious. Was it the IKEA or the golf course that struck terror into his gentle heart? The dozens of moms pushing baby strollers? Too many foreign food options?

Surely it was the $5mil brownstones

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Got approached by those guys who ask if you're Jewish and had a panic attack.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

All this where is safer discourse came from the guy who made The Wire using Beirut as a throwaway example of lib-brained “we are safer here” and he doubled and quadrupled down when being shown actual murder rates that undermined the example.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/JeffreyTowson/status/1584003920355287040?t=G_nWlHp8kzp0X4obVH3UHQ&s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Kit Walker posted:

Probably the last one.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Lumbermouth posted:

Probably the last one.

Poor Little Lord Bellsly-Bottom, thought of taco trucks and died

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

selec posted:

All this where is safer discourse came from the guy who made The Wire using Beirut as a throwaway example of lib-brained “we are safer here” and he doubled and quadrupled down when being shown actual murder rates that undermined the example.
Do tell.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Do tell.

https://twitter.com/aodespair/status/1583289940401475584?s=46&t=c6OlL5_XVL16QkTIoCUAmQ

My man blocked more MENA folks from entry than an Italian navy ship. He blocked Lexi Alexander lol

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Such Fun posted:

I thought this part was highly controversial. But what I know is based on what you can find online that’s not behind a paywall.

Is there an Ask/Tell thread on the forum that’s better suited for this, so I can stop derailing this one?

I would also be interested in this, it crops up in this thread every few weeks and I don't want to derail talking about it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
'there were homeless!'

loving hell these people. As if the unhoused are the people you ought to be worried about.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/tragicbirdapp/status/1584304913126866944

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/TheChowderhead/status/1583929412222754817

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Anyone who says "downtown Philly" (that tweet) or "midtown Philly" (Dr oz) or "Southside Philly" (GOP state lawmakers trying to impeach the Philly DA) is an idiot and/or has never been to Philly.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ada Wong, Asian?!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Heath posted:

Ada Wong, Asian?!

I just assumed she was from the New England Wongs, or a a Martian.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
David Wong's sister

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I hate you for reminding me about this. :argh:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The criss-cross of psychotic strands of thought that went into making this is uncanny

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
A bit long at 8 mins but it's worth listening to the racist caller getting his arguments that Sunak doesn't love Britian enough like Boris Johnson shot down and finally admits that the real reason is Sunak isn't white.

https://twitter.com/RashmiWriting/status/1583912019769831425?s=20&t=UsbLBZKx_KUjUWP24qQHUA

Sunak may be a Tory shithead that'll continue to rip apart the country but he's too brown to be a real Tory leader!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Darkhold posted:

A bit long at 8 mins but it's worth listening to the racist caller getting his arguments that Sunak doesn't love Britian enough like Boris Johnson shot down and finally admits that the real reason is Sunak isn't white.

https://twitter.com/RashmiWriting/status/1583912019769831425?s=20&t=UsbLBZKx_KUjUWP24qQHUA

Sunak may be a Tory shithead that'll continue to rip apart the country but he's too brown to be a real Tory leader!

It's funny because these are the people he represents. Tories racist?! Who could have guessed.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
It is a very good example of Tory :decorum: racism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'd feel bad for the guy if he suffered in any way beyond "potentially not becoming prime minister" because of this kind of racism, but it's really just kind of funny. I mean, it's probably not funny to British Indians who aren't Tory MP billionaires but also have to deal with those types of comments, but it is kinda funny that it's happening to him specifically.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1583991884745035776?s=20&t=UkoGK7Hi8yDWW9GcEmAAYg

"Oh hey, twitter is often a hell hole of negativity, here's a happy thing I just want to share."
"Burn in hell with your loving privilege, you loving bitch."

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Since when does having a garden mean having LOTS of money lol.
I had a garden when I was working minimum wage with my 2 other minimum wage friends.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Definitely way harder if you live in a big city. But regardless it shouldn't matter, she's just talking about enjoying something nice

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

some people enjoy a nice coffee in the garden, some people enjoy browbeating randos on twitter

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Lots of terminally online twitter people are veering very close to the stupid Christian “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet” chestnut without realizing it

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Lots of terminally online twitter people are veering very close to the stupid Christian “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet” chestnut without realizing it

I sold my feet to buy you shoes! The gift of the incredibly stupid Magi.

Needless Ramblings
Oct 15, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it comes up in the thread but it's really just boiled down to 'people have no control over the problems causing their lives to be actively in danger constantly like climate change or the pandemic or foreign policy poo poo so they cling to their one bit of 'power' that comes from 'yell at the weird tradcath for having a garden'.'

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mega Comrade posted:

Since when does having a garden mean having LOTS of money lol.
I had a garden when I was working minimum wage with my 2 other minimum wage friends.

Same. It just depends on where you live. In one city I lived in it would’ve been harder to find and more expensive to live in a place *without* a garden because the only apartments were in the center of town with jacked up rent. Of course our “garden” was like 20 square meters of mostly gravel but still

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

Same. It just depends on where you live. In one city I lived in it would’ve been harder to find and more expensive to live in a place *without* a garden because the only apartments were in the center of town with jacked up rent. Of course our “garden” was like 20 square meters of mostly gravel but still

Having a gravel garden frees up lots of time you can now spend drinking coffee for hours with your husband every morning.

Needless Ramblings
Oct 15, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I could afford gravel but every morning a big guy with a bat bashes my arms and legs so I GUESS SOME OF US AREN'T SO LUCKY

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

For page 1989, another hit of this IoSM classic:

(It did end up winning that huge bracket of Awful Twitter Posts last year)

Zero_Grade has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Oct 24, 2022

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/SCHIZO_FREQ/status/1578869251389038592

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That's a troll. Or are the idiots the ones who fell for it?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
These mofos could have sex with femboys right now if they wanted.

Actually no they couldn't

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Every morning me and my fellow gladiators go out in the garden to enjoy a cup of Towel boy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1583991884745035776?s=20&t=UkoGK7Hi8yDWW9GcEmAAYg

"Oh hey, twitter is often a hell hole of negativity, here's a happy thing I just want to share."
"Burn in hell with your loving privilege, you loving bitch."

I think it’s really telling that no one in the comments apparently realizes that some people work afternoons or nights