Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just saw this ad on YouTube and... what? Why did they write ad copy that sounds like those weird mobile games, and also fake a mobile game interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30p0gXg4Oo

maybe that style is actually effective. or it's cynically ironic advertising, as your head scratching has just further spread the ad. but yeah, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man that ad doesn't know what it wants to be.

I saved myself some hassle and watched the final cinematics for Gotham Knights, it's the exact same sort of twist reveal anyone with any knowledge of the Court of Owls could have sussed out.
Same level of ~what a twist~ that the Arkham Knight was.

"Oh the Arkham Knight has intimate knowledge of the suits weaknesses WHOMST EVER COULDST THOU BE?!!?!!?"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Much like how the Riddler literally can't commit crimes without leaving clues behind to solve, the Arkham Knight devs tried really hard to make an original character do not steal but were compelled to do the most obvious thing possible.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Gotham knights’ biggest twist is that it isn’t 4 player co-op. I thought that was the whole point of the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can an entire game just be a shitpost?

Trombone Champ seeks to answer that question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr34L56mKk

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Oh my loving god. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just saw this ad on YouTube and... what? Why did they write ad copy that sounds like those weird mobile games, and also fake a mobile game interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30p0gXg4Oo

Why do they put Clayface's name over what appears to be Professor Pyg? I don't know why that is bothering me so much... but it is!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Infinitum posted:

lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

lol, that Gotham Knights ad. How bizarre - I guess whoever designed that thing is convinced the fake mobile game ad style is the most effective way of communicating something to people.

All it needed was the talking guy pretending to have "finally found a new game that isn't like those other fake games" and it would've been a complete recreation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1584542400718016513?t=Jc0gXo7mLfVQyzS4bJuXcA&s=19

The store I work at has been closed for Thanksgiving the last two years, wonderful to see more retail following suit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good, they can use it sleeping for the 5AM shift the next day

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cursed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I did a 5am start for 8 years, getting home at 1:30pm was good but everything else sucked.

Well it was quiet for the first few hours too I guess.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i worked for gamestop for 6 and a half years and it almost literally killed me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

5AM 17-hour black friday shift is cursed.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I know working conditions are bad in the Land of the Free, but surely those hours are divided between shifts ... ?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I usually wake up at 4:30 AM on weekdays since I like to have a good chunk of free time before starting work at 7.

Heck, during the summertime I am a mad enough lad to wake up at 4:30 AM and go for a bike ride at 5 AM.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I know working conditions are bad in the Land of the Free, but surely those hours are divided between shifts ... ?

Yeah, that's just how long the store is open. A store sufficiently staffed doesn't have employees work the entire day.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, that's just how long the store is open. A store sufficiently staffed doesn't have employees work the entire day.

not worth giving GS the benefit of the doubt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's why I put the "sufficiently staffed" qualifier in there

rox
Sep 7, 2016

when i worked there we had 5 employees including myself

split shifts were common

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm assuming people working public holidays get double pay or time and a half or something, right? :ohdear:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I'm assuming people working public holidays get double pay or time and a half or something, right? :ohdear:

Not guaranteed in all states, no.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Very excited for all the Vickys here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

So at my store, which is not a game store, Black Friday is a regular paid day, but we can choose to come in on Thanksgiving while the store is closed to help fulfill online orders and it's time and half. I usually do it because I'm too far from my family to spend Thanksgiving with them and you can just come in your pajamas and it's a chill time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gonna be a minute before I have the mental energy to relearn vicky

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I haven't stopped vibrating since I woke up and there are less than 24 hours remaining. Is that bad?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the only cure is to delete all mapgames

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

On the one hand, CK3 was a bit lacklustre.

On the other hand: VICKY 3!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The game I will maybe buy this week is signalis which looks like it might be a cool survival horror game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mapgames are for nerds

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

The game I will maybe buy this week is signalis which looks like it might be a cool survival horror game

that looks cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm buying Star Ocean 6 and Bayonetta 3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Signalis looks neat but it's on Gamepass I think so no need to buy

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Suddenly there's too many games!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

Signalis looks neat but it's on Gamepass I think so no need to buy

even better

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mutata posted:

Not guaranteed in all states, no.

And the states that don't have it just close their stores on public holidays instead, right? :ohdear:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

And the states that don't have it just close their stores on public holidays instead, right? :ohdear:

If you have to work a holiday in the States you usually get one free pass where you can mess up once and your boss won't break your knees. No rollover passes though so make sure you use it before Jan 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i worked a black friday at target one year, then after i got off my shift i drove over to the gamestop across the street to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free used game deal they always do, got my 3 games and left. then the next day i decided i shouldnt have spent that money, actually, so i drove back to return them after work that day and while they took the 2 games i paid for back and gave a full refund, they said i could just keep the third game i got for free?? anyway thats how i got final fantasy type 0 hd. thank you gamestop for the free game