Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
Walter wHeight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Man. I'm trying to hit all the episodes I missed when I first went through the back catalog, despite not remembering which episodes those were, and 2018 is wild. Hearing Dan ask listeners to consider whether they can afford to give $2 a month because he's too sick to sell his blood plasma this week, knowing where they are by 2022, makes me feel a feeling.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

New Formulaic Objections with a special intro! Hell yeah!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
We’ve crossed the Rubicon. Hell yeah.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Whoa, Dan doesn't get the deal with Orange Cassidy.

I may have to rethink listening to this show moving foward

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I knew I couldn't trust someone who still likes Bray Wyatt after all that Fiend poo poo

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I 100% thought the same thing!

OC is the hardest working man in wrestling.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Glenn Greenwald finally blocked Jordan on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1583535181402898432?t=l9bCJS5qSKfaLiU2vDDO_Q&s=19

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
That special intro loving rules lol

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Knowing that at least one employee used to do work on Textbroker makes me wonder if InfoWars ever used Textbroker for articles. It's one of those sites where 99% of the work is selling poo poo articles to spam websites, and sometimes they'll even give you an article to start with and ask you to rewrite the thing just enough to pass a plagiarism check while keeping the keywords. Textbroker and its ilk pay like poo poo, but if you're lucky then sometimes you'll find someone who likes your work enough to contact you directly instead of going through the middleman. The description of his early work being essentially "take this AP article and rewrite it" feels very much like freelance SEO writing. I don't know that it matters, it's just very weird to imagine picking out an article assignment from a list and accidentally writing for InfoWars.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
My listen-through just got to their Sandy Hook investigation. I've had such a large helping of Jones' Sandy Hook content through these hearings. I'm tempted to skip these for now and come back to them. On the other hand knowing that it's going to cost him a billion dollars might make it go down easier.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I am unsure of what to make of Norm's disclosure that InfoWars staff are afraid of Knowledge Fight. On one hand, it is very funny that Norm would make his very insecure client look weak by saying that. On the other hand, it doesn't really match up with the sequence of events as we know them.

One, FSS itself waived the right to privacy in the Texas case. That happened long before the depos were even known to Dan and Jordan.

Two, claiming because of this that Brittany Paz was hired is untrue as far as the courts were concerned. It was after Rob and Daria kept acting obstructionist that the court demanded an independent third party be named as corporate representative. That was what led to Paz being retained. The opinions of the previous appointed reps had nothing to do with it. The court also had specific instructions for her in the research she was to do, which FSS made sure she never received. The sanctions resulting from that cost them their ability to submit any evidence in their own defense for the Texas case.

Maybe Norm is actually mad that Bankston got to make new friends as a result of the Jones case, while Norm himself likely lost them.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1584339604173656065?s=20&t=pxLkopAY1gFVJccneHNEtg

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
Every time they go into the past, I get reminded of AJ's intensely irritating Rush impression and it is so hard to concentrate on anything else.

Lots of absolutely bonkers antisemitism in this latest episode, though. I wonder if anyone has done a matrix of the six types of jews x the four ways to learn?

Edit: I just listened to the end and the way he treats that German lady caller makes me want to [PARODY, REDACTED]

Troubadour fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 27, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Troubadour posted:

Lots of absolutely bonkers antisemitism in this latest episode, though. I wonder if anyone has done a matrix of the six types of jews x the four ways to learn?

I dunno about the ways to learn but the six types of Jews are up, down, charm, strange, top, and bottom.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Troubadour posted:

Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Light, Dark

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Go RV! posted:

Like Gloomhaven?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

Captain planet was a globalist all along :aaa:

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Troubadour posted:

Every time they go into the past, I get reminded of AJ's intensely irritating Rush impression and it is so hard to concentrate on anything else.

Edit: I just listened to the end and the way he treats that German lady caller makes me want to [PARODY, REDACTED]

I did skip over some of the coverage of conservative standups, but Jesus Alex trying to loving riff off of her call was almost impossible to listen to. Just this bizarre mix of callous, embarrassing, ineffective, weird and monstrous.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I did skip over some of the coverage of conservative standups, but Jesus Alex trying to loving riff off of her call was almost impossible to listen to. Just this bizarre mix of callous, embarrassing, ineffective, weird and monstrous.

Yeah I could not listen to the end of the episode just wanted to [REDACTED} Alex that whole time.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

No, no. You're not doing it right. Has Alex taught you nothing?

You meant "I could not listen to the end of the episode just wanted to peacefully murder Alex that whole time."

Remember kids you too can make violent threats and obvious incitements to violence, just throw peacefully into that sentence and it's all good!.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Deptfordx posted:

No, no. You're not doing it right. Has Alex taught you nothing?

You meant "I could not listen to the end of the episode just wanted to peacefully murder Alex that whole time."

Remember kids you too can make violent threats and obvious incitements to violence, just throw peacefully into that sentence and it's all good!.

Usually Alex goes with "politically"

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Eh, I'd say it was 50/50. It's definitely both.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"legally and lawfully"

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

rotinaj posted:

You shut your damned mouth. A) how could you say that about the cap and b) earth fire wind water heart

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ILL Machina posted:

You shut your damned mouth. A) how could you say that about the cap and b) earth fire wind water heart

He has the globe right on his chest :negative:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

no he has the planet on his chest. he's a planetist.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

The more I think about that I think that might actually be true. It's not a globe-like rendition of the planet, it actually changes color when the planet is hurting so maybe it is actually part of the planet.

Might as well post the FoD but for content. It's good.

https://youtu.be/TwJaELXadKo
https://youtu.be/YL97QjGEx6s

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

ILL Machina posted:

no he has the planet on his chest. he's a planetist.

Birds aren’t real but avian theropods are.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

After the Ender's game reference on the most recent episode, I would like to request that Dan perform an in-depth investigation on Alex's attempts to deny that he's a fuckin nerd.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

El Fideo posted:

After the Ender's game reference on the most recent episode, I would like to request that Dan perform an in-depth investigation on Alex's attempts to deny that he's a fuckin nerd.

We should compile every nerdy sci-fi novel AJ has referenced and then it into a Knowledge Fight book club.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

We should compile every nerdy sci-fi novel AJ has referenced and then it into a Knowledge Fight book club.

The discord would probably be very open to this idea.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

rotinaj posted:

My Sibling In Christ, his name is Captain Planet.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

My Sibling In Christ, his name is Captain Planet.

Yes it must be underlined

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

ILL Machina posted:

The discord would probably be very open to this idea.

I’m very lazy.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Three hour formulaic objections episode? :hellyeah:

The plaintiffs should have just played these clips, holy poo poo.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

The recent QAnon Anonymous episode spotlighted Lara Logan and boy she sounded a lot like Alex at the end.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
This was posted to Reddit.

Can you imagine trying to explain this photo to someone?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

The bullhorn is way too big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

This was posted to Reddit.

Can you imagine trying to explain this photo to someone?

What's to explain, the gay frogs meme was big.