Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Obviously the dragon is dead, but Luke was perfectly placed to just lightly bonk his head on the roof of Vhagar's mouth. That's the advantage of getting attacked by a huge dragon.

So are we thinking he fell to safety or are we going with the whale theory, that this nearly uncontrollable dragon has safely deposited the young prince inside their stomach and is gonna regurgitate them when they arrive at King's Landing? I just gotta know because both of these are wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ShowTime posted:

So are we thinking he fell to safety or are we going with the whale theory, that this nearly uncontrollable dragon has safely deposited the young prince inside their stomach and is gonna regurgitate them when they arrive at King's Landing? I just gotta know because both of these are wild.

We are gonna get a bottle episode of several characters inside the dragons stomach to save money.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Lol at them counting dragons and claiming a majority when it turns out size is what matters. I don’t even understand how you wargame this poo poo. Lol at your “blockade” of the narrow sea when this thing is the size of a loving blimp and then some.
Aemond's big fat dragon can't be everywhere at the same time while many many smaller dragons are killing his side ships and armies. Having multiple smaller armies ruining your poo poo and each one having a dragon rider is better than having one big army protected by one big dragon. Multiple dragons will sink more ships, etc... Also how many kids do you need to kill an adult, really?

Gresh posted:

So you can claim more than one dragon at the same time now or has this always been a thing?
Next time you see Daemond he will be flying with one dragon under each foot and Queen music will start playing. Daemond AAAH AAAH. Rogue prince of the universe! He won't save every one of us!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A lot of people thinking Luke was killed in this scene, but we didn't see a body so I'm not sure. Vhagar is bigger than a whale, so there's mythological precedent for survival.
"That bale of hay saved my life" - Luc

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 24, 2022

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Honestly HBO might not be around in a year. I'm preparing to know of this show as the biggest hangnail in the long, tragic history of T.V. hangnails. I'll just take S4 of Doom Patrol as the miracle it is and be pleasantly surprised if any more good T.V. comes out of HBO.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Gresh posted:

So you can claim more than one dragon at the same time now or has this always been a thing?

You just gotta make sure your steady piece doesn't find out

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea the size of that dragon really displayed how big equals powerful in hierarchy. Saying that, Daemon does have a big loving dragon, war experienced, and I think he just took control of Vermithor? We don't fully see that outcome, but if Daemon now controls Caraxes and Vermithor, those two dragons could take down Vhagar, i'd think.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i'm thinking luke had the smallest dragon to really maximise the size contrast.

it shouldn't be a surprise given that he's already murdered one wife, but daemon's domestic violence is a big red flag!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The scene with Vhagar in the distance as Arrax lands in the storm was pretty cool, had some T-Rex in Jurassic Park vibes.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

SirPablo posted:

The scene with Vhagar in the distance as Arrax lands in the storm was pretty cool, had some T-Rex in Jurassic Park vibes.

That shot was so loving cool. Vhagar is a monster.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

“Rhaenyra was complicit in our son’s death” I wonder what Corlys think happened there

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Wiltsghost posted:

He really should've left right at this moment, but this is the same kid that was making dipshit eyes at Aemond, a 30 year old high school student, a few eps ago, he clearly doesn't have a sense of self preservation.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

“Rhaenyra was complicit in our son’s death” I wonder what Corlys think happened there
They talked about this in an earlier episode. They think Rhaenyra orchestrated Laenor’s death.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I kinda feel that a dragon being the size of an actual castle is maybe too big, how big is that thing? a hundred meters long? Like I always felt like dragons were big and scary but they were like... whale sized? or less? their main forte is breathing fire not just landing on castles and squashing them.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 24, 2022

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I know aurochs exist, but I still feel like Vhagar could eat enough cattle to decimate Westerosi agriculture just by himself.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Wiltsghost posted:

That's a big double chin there. Maybe lay off the late night snacking a bit Vhagar.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Definitely spoilers in this, maybe watch with no sound of you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5nvrX5oPt8

SirPablo fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 24, 2022

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I felt really bad for Lucerys, he was so out of his depth thrown into this position and not really a natural born warrior/leader like his older bro. The actor sold his whole deal of being just a little kid doing a war parley and getting death threats pretty well. Aemond's "I dun goof'd" look was pretty funny, though.

Otherwise the episode was all Rhaenyra. Some impressive acting all around from Emma, including the final scene.

Loved the brief moment Corlys was all ready to avenge his brother and when he heard the details he was like "drat that fool got what was comin' to him"

All in all a very solid first season. Some low points but mostly very good IMO. I found myself always waiting eagerly for the next episode which was really not the case with final seasons of GoT.

wilderthanmild posted:

I rewatched and my favorite bit is that Aemond pleading with Vhagar to stop sounds basically the same as a kid trying to get a dog to stop pooping on the carpet. His voice sounds so different, like an exasperated teenager instead of his usual menacing tone.

Also this

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 24, 2022

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

exmarx posted:

i'm thinking luke had the smallest dragon to really maximise the size contrast.

it shouldn't be a surprise given that he's already murdered one wife, but daemon's domestic violence is a big red flag!

I dont think he would ever willfully murder her, but he does have a lot of anger/control issues so that's not much of a guarantee.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
People asking "can someone have more than one dragon" seem to have forgotten the entire original show, which explicitly shows one person commanding three dragons. Once again TVIV is undefeated when it comes to understanding a television show

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

MLSM posted:

It doesn’t make sense though why that tiny dragon would just attack one 20 times its size like that and expect to live

I own a miniature dachshund who has attempted to pick fights with every large male dog he’s ever met including my neighbor’s Rottweiler. My dog’s survival is based on me picking him up and other dogs being confused by my dog’s napoleon complex.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have decided to call Daemon's dragon Carfax long neck.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Admiral Bosch posted:

People asking "can someone have more than one dragon" seem to have forgotten the entire original show, which explicitly shows one person commanding three dragons. Once again TVIV is undefeated when it comes to understanding a television show

Didn't Dany literally nurse the 3 dragons with her own milk in the book? That's how.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ghostwritingduck posted:

I own a miniature dachshund who has attempted to pick fights with every large male dog he’s ever met including my neighbor’s Rottweiler. My dog’s survival is based on me picking him up and other dogs being confused by my dog’s napoleon complex.
The dragons are eventually diminished in size to that of a cat, right? The possibility of a character in season 2 having a yappy toy dragon is non zero.

sad question
May 30, 2020

stephenthinkpad posted:

Didn't Dany literally nurse the 3 dragons with her own milk in the book? That's how.
Daemon: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

ghostwritingduck posted:

I have a shiba inu, it has absolutely no concept of size and will step to anything that offends its sense of propriety. Although in its defence, I’ve met plenty of people who behave the same way.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Torquemada posted:

I have a shiba inu, it has absolutely no concept of size and will step to anything that offends its sense of propriety. Although in its defence, I’ve met plenty of people who behave the same way.

At least it can protect itself with ninjutsu.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Shame on HBO for cutting out the Daemon x Dragon orgyfuck scene but leaving in the scene where Daemon seduces the dragon with that song. Like talk about blue balls come on. They’ve been teasing this poo poo in the background in every scene in the Red Castle all season long.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jace’s Dragon is also small but was noticeably bigger than Luke’s when they were all leaving.

Joffrey also has a dragon that’s super young but he’s also like 6.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Book question maybe: Had dragons already been getting smaller at this point or does that happen closer to GoT?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

ShowTime posted:

There's also a chance Luc got swallowed but he's going to cut his way out with his sword.

The Prince that was Nom-Nomsed.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Boris Galerkin posted:

Shame on HBO for cutting out the Daemon x Dragon orgyfuck scene but leaving in the scene where Daemon seduces the dragon with that song. Like talk about blue balls come on. They’ve been teasing this poo poo in the background in every scene in the Red Castle all season long.
There's going to be a couple of inter-season sex episodes to tide people over and reach the mandated HBO quota.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

grittyreboot posted:

Honestly HBO might not be around in a year. I'm preparing to know of this show as the biggest hangnail in the long, tragic history of T.V. hangnails. I'll just take S4 of Doom Patrol as the miracle it is and be pleasantly surprised if any more good T.V. comes out of HBO.

HBO Max**

HBO proper is not going anywhere.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Count me as another fan of Aemond going 'Vhagar no, bad girl!', followed by his 'I made a huge mistake' face. I feel a bit for Alicent, both her sons are different flavors of poo poo while she herself is trying for the least bloodshed.

I lol'ed at Rhaenyra's "they'll love to have you over Luke", everyone knew Luke was about to have a bad time with that dialogue.

My mother had two cats that once got threatened by a pitbull, they chose to fight it and clung on to the poor bastard while biting and managed to scare it off, small animals seem to produce more adrenaline than blood at times.

Guess I'll see you all in 2 years, I'm hooked to the new dragon show.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

runaway dog posted:

forgot about the ridiculously beautiful flyover of Storm's End due to the scene immediately after being nuts.

I don't think Storm's End was ever depicted in the original show, so seeing it with the flyover was pretty great.

It also looks like a miserable place to live at.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011
Isn't in the lore age = size? I seem to remember that dragons are supposed to just continue growing.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

unlimited shrimp posted:

Book question maybe: Had dragons already been getting smaller at this point or does that happen closer to GoT?

The 3 biggest dragons were the 3 Aegon and his sisters rode during the conquest. They get smaller from there, but there's a noticeable drop in size once the targs start keeping them in the dragon pit.

Basically, captivity makes them smaller and smaller until they die out.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Thank goodness we’re finally clearing out some of these lovely kids with their dumb names.

The first 90% of the birth scene is the closest GOT has ever come to a sitcom.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The 3 biggest dragons were the 3 Aegon and his sisters rode during the conquest. They get smaller from there, but there's a noticeable drop in size once the targs start keeping them in the dragon pit.

Basically, captivity makes them smaller and smaller until they die out.

I imagine the last dragons being like the tofu-eating lion from Futurama, skinny and sickly.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Veigar at the background being a gigantic monster in the background as soon as the prince arrives is one of the most powerful scenes I've seen in the series. The difference in scale is absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was hoping we'd at least get to the Starks for some fanservice of visiting Winterfell again but that was pretty satisfying and did it's job of making viewers want even more. God I cannot wait for some of these assholes to die though. I was hoping the hand for sure was gonna bite it to start the war.