Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I think I'm gonna end up building Nahida as the driver for a quicken team with Zhongli just because I lack kuki for cool hyperbloom strats.

The question is, do I roll Nahida/Zhongli/Fischl/Beidou or Nahida/Zhongli/Fisch/Raiden?

I'm gonna have to wallow in the EoSF mines for a good beidou set if I pick her cus she's still totally unbuilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
JC and mist are apparently suuuuper close in that comp. You can just use the one that fits your hat better.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think I'm gonna end up building Nahida as the driver for a quicken team with Zhongli just because I lack kuki for cool hyperbloom strats.

The question is, do I roll Nahida/Zhongli/Fischl/Beidou or Nahida/Zhongli/Fisch/Raiden?

I'm gonna have to wallow in the EoSF mines for a good beidou set if I pick her cus she's still totally unbuilt.
Beidou. Her requirements shouldnt be far off from raiden's so you can maybe just steal hers. You can also try nahida/xingqiu/yelan/EM raiden for hyperbloom, it spreadsheets well but idk if her skill will actually hit all seeds (plus no real healer ofc).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 24, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Clarste posted:

Assuming everyone has Zhongli, I see.

Xalidur posted:

I don't have Kazuha but I do have Zhongli

:c00lbert:

gandlethorpe posted:

Ugh, I can't wait until we have a proper Dendro healer. Gonna open up so many new comps. Like Diluc's future top tier role as burgeon enabler!

We may be getting one for free in lantern rite :pray:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not to share FUD, but I saw some rumors that yaoyao is a polearm

and not a healer (!!!!!)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

We may be getting one for free in lantern rite :pray:

Leaks have contradicted each other on this. One said that yaoyao would be a healer, another said that she was definitely NOT a healer the heals were just because her burst was copy-pasted from sayu as a placeholder.

Plus we have no idea of the actual release order, all those speculated timelines based on the leaked files are just assuming characters will release in the same order they were added to the game files which is far from accurate historically.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Btw. worst part of 3.X. The mandatory inazuma talent books in the BP. It's my own fault for already doing 10/9/9 Itto, 10/10/10 Ayaka, 6/10/9 Yae, 2/9/10 Raiden, 2/10/9 Ayato. But picking out books just to 2/11/11 Sayu feels weird.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

MoonCrab posted:

People get confused about spread/aggravate but the tldr is that it's basically just vape/melt. If you have an attack/crit weapon you build EM/DMG%/Crit, if you have an EM weapon you build Atk%/Dmg%/Crit. Both EM and Atk% substats are good, if you have lots of them then it might be better than an arti with higher CV, yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill.

Also I recommend this Keqing team over the other one. It's worth it, I promise. Keq definitely wants the TF set more that Fischl. It has, like, legitimate playability upside on her. Fish is the one that can use 2x/2x sets without losing too much.

https://gcsim.app/v3/viewer/share/3d11777a-28f7-4216-8dfa-803a5da773bc

I can't get Zhongli aggravate teams to work against multiple targets. Is it just meant to be a single-target team, or is there some gameplay trick that I'm missing out on? idk how I'm supposed to apply Dendro with how janky the MC/Collei skills feel

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I don't think Kuki is the best pick for a Nahida hyperbloom team. She would certainly do well in that team, but Nahida only gives bonus EM to the on-field character. What you really want is someone will be on field, doing normal attacks, and makes the most of an EM build. The answer is Sucrose.

Anemo characters can swirl electro to hit the bloom seeds. So, you need a character who applies electro off-field without hitting the seeds themselves. The options there are Beidou and Fischl. Fischl does bonus damage when electro reactions occur, and there's going to be a lot of those. Also Fischl works great with Stringless, so she's already got some EM, which works well in this team.

Just add character who dishes out Hydro when you do normal attacks. The options are Xingqui and Yelan, and that's a tough choice, because they're both fantastic options.

Sucrose will swirl hydro and electro, dealing double swirl damage while also making enemies weaker to those elements. She'll hit those blooms for hyperblooms that deal something like 35k damage. She'll also give other team members a ton of EM so they hit harder with electro/dendro reactions. She'll also group up enemies so the small AOE on hyperbloom can git multiple targets, and if she's at C6, her burst will also give a damage boost for whatever it absorbs.

Sucrose is the Damage Archon. She will defeat your enemies.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

I don't think Kuki is the best pick for a Nahida hyperbloom team. She would certainly do well in that team, but Nahida only gives bonus EM to the on-field character. What you really want is someone will be on field, doing normal attacks, and makes the most of an EM build. The answer is Sucrose.

Anemo characters can swirl electro to hit the bloom seeds. So, you need a character who applies electro off-field without hitting the seeds themselves. The options there are Beidou and Fischl. Fischl does bonus damage when electro reactions occur, and there's going to be a lot of those. Also Fischl works great with Stringless, so she's already got some EM, which works well in this team.

Just add character who dishes out Hydro when you do normal attacks. The options are Xingqui and Yelan, and that's a tough choice, because they're both fantastic options.

Sucrose will swirl hydro and electro, dealing double swirl damage while also making enemies weaker to those elements. She'll hit those blooms for hyperblooms that deal something like 35k damage. She'll also give other team members a ton of EM so they hit harder with electro/dendro reactions. She'll also group up enemies so the small AOE on hyperbloom can git multiple targets, and if she's at C6, her burst will also give a damage boost for whatever it absorbs.

Sucrose is the Damage Archon. She will defeat your enemies.

Those are all great teams as long as you never ever get hit or take any damage

XQ + Beidou damage resistance can kinda work (as it does in taser team) but then you definitely want to drop either sucrose or nahida for a second electro for battery purposes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I disagree. Quantity of blooms is the primary determinant of damage in a hyperbloom comp. Nahida+Xingqiu+Yelan produce by far the most blooms possible because all three characters are disgustingly overpowered. This leaves one spot for kuki. Losing a 250EM buff doesnt matter compared to making 40% more cores. I am confident this will be the most popular hyperbloom comp because one of the iron laws of genshin is that no one plays sucrose.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 24, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah she's too frumpy for anyone to play

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Redmark posted:

I can't get Zhongli aggravate teams to work against multiple targets. Is it just meant to be a single-target team, or is there some gameplay trick that I'm missing out on? idk how I'm supposed to apply Dendro with how janky the MC/Collei skills feel

Gonna keep it real with you here. I just went into the db and modified the first KeqZhong team I found. I have no intention of playing any dendro team with the goobers we have now, ever again. That Collei is gonna be a gilded dreams Nahida when I play it in real content.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sucrose would be too chaotic, with too many reactions proccing at unpredictable times, plus another Electro to potentially trigger hyperbloom. But the real limiting factor for bloom/burgeon is the balance between Dendro and Hydro, and putting an Anemo on the team would make it much harder to achieve that.

No Wave posted:

I disagree. Quantity of blooms is the primary determinant of damage in a hyperbloom comp. Nahida+Xingqiu+Yelan produce by far the most blooms possible because all three characters are disgustingly overpowered. This leaves one spot for kuki.

We won't know until they're out whether they balance out perfectly, but too many blooms is also thing, given the 2 packet limit on bloom damage. Of course, by virtue of having the two of them, it'll still wreck poo poo.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 24, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I stubbornly want to make an Ayato-driven hyperbloom team work but the more the dendro roster fills out the worse an idea that becomes. Right now? Perfectly fine, not ideal but it works just fine. After Nahida? You'd be a fool not to have your on-field driver be the hyperbloom trigger to benefit from the huge EM buff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I've been trying to figure out the same. My last stand will be Nilou+Nahida+Ayato+Dendro healer. If that isnt serviceable it's over.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Sucrose provides AoE hydro application through swirl and by infusing her burst with hydro which is pretty easy to do with XQ. In situations that aren't single target she'll produce more cores and do more damage. I have been using this team since 3.0 came out. It's very easy to play and Sucrose has basically full ownership of the hyperblooms.

Rotation: Sucrose Q > XQ E > Q > Fischl E > DMC E > Q > Sucrose driving. You can throw some N1s in there as well to proc XQ's swords while swapping.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finally got my Nilou to a pretty good point. 56k HP (with hydro resonance)! Most I've ever had on a character. I'm debating whether it makes sense to use a Hydro goblet; I'd have to compare her blooms before and after, but it's also not clear to me how many blooms I'd normally trigger during the time period in which she'd normally use her skill/burst.

She seems quite good, though I really need to develop another Dendro aside from Tighnari. Her blooms burst for 18-19k and seem to happen pretty rapidly as long as Dendro stuff is going on (which is unfortunately pretty limited with just Tighnari; it'd be ideal to have some off-field dendro application, so I might get Collei leveled up at some point since I think her burst does this).

Currently I'm using Ayato/Tighnari/Nilou/Kokomi, though I haven't really gotten much chance to make use of the full team because random overworld stuff dies to the initial "Nilou skill combo + Tighnari arrows + resulting super-blooms." I'll try it in some domain later. Definitely want to replace one of those hydros with another dendro.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I can't see DMC outputting enough Dendro to keep up with XQ, Fischl, and Sucrose. Honestly, I think XQ alone overpowers any Dendro, even Nahida unless her E has a strong application. Once Hydro depletes Dendro and becomes the underlying element, you're at the mercy of your Dendro's ICD to proc bloom. That's why fridge is so effective, despite everyone sleeping on it. It "covers" Dendro with Cryo to squeeze more uses out of each aura and preserves it as the underlying element to benefit from Hydro being the weak side of the reaction.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Damage bonus (from goblets etc) does not affect flat-damage / "transformative" reactions like overload or bloom at all according to keqingmains' damage formula. Which lines up with how I remember it working.

e: wait I misread your post as saying the goblet would increase bloom damage, whoops

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
DMC doesn't "keep up" but you get 2 cores per Dendro app per mob by taking advantage of hydro and electro being able to coexist on the same enemy. Applying Dendro to an enemy affected by hydro and electro gives you a core and a Quicken aura which can then be hit with hydro again to give you a second core.

I don't know if I'd say people are sleeping on fridge. The interaction was know about before 3.0 even launched. Fridge just isn't as good as hyperbloom due to how you need to build the teams and it's lower scaling.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Fridge has the same scaling as hyperbloom though.
You're not replacing the electro element you are just adding another one to the mix. The teambuilding becomes a lot more restrictive since you absolutely need dendro+hydro+cryo plus electro (or sometimes pyro for burgeon fridge like that one funny EM amber clip)

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Most of the Fridge teams I see run bloom not hyperbloom.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Fridge is just the technique of running Dendro/Cryo/Hydro. It can still be run with hyperbloom/burgeon, since it only takes up 3 slots.

Bloom teams really are a balancing act in so many ways. I love it

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 24, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

even Nahida unless her E has a strong application.
It does! 1.5U. Still think xingqiu will overpower tho unless you're at range and/or below C6. It's why there's so much anticipation around playing a klee-sized catalyst user with klee range on-field.

gandlethorpe posted:

Fridge is just the technique of running Dendro/Cryo/Hydro. It can still be run with hyperbloom/burgeon, since it only takes up 3 slots.

Bloom teams really are a balancing act in so many ways. I love it
Most people still get cyno comps really wrong. Cyno!!! The most straightforward character design possible! Bless dendro.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 24, 2022

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tanreall posted:

Most of the Fridge teams I see run bloom not hyperbloom.

I will call these comps "frozen peas".

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Tree Reformat posted:

I will call these comps "frozen peas".

This is a good name.

Also send help DMC can't keep up. I'm bad at picking up the leaf.

https://i.imgur.com/m91G9T5.mp4

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 27, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It is insane we're over two years on and we still cannot properly skip lines on a line-by-line basis. I read much faster than the VA, and this game has so much dialogue it's infuriating!!!!

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Nyoro posted:

It is insane we're over two years on and we still cannot properly skip lines on a line-by-line basis. I read much faster than the VA, and this game has so much dialogue it's infuriating!!!!
It wouldn’t be so bad if the dialogue wasn’t so terrible. Zero subtly or ambiguity ever. And then you get the plot exposition device repeating everything in a really annoying voice so the player doesn’t miss it. Plus telling the player how to feel about what they just read twice.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hey just came to post a warning, someone apparently leaked literal server-side data containing a lot of raw data for the next few patches of sumeru, like 'there will be legal action for this' level of leaks including character kits, map expansions, etc. for those who want to avoid spoilers just letting you know that stuff's floating out there now :smith:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Ytlaya posted:

I finally got my Nilou to a pretty good point. 56k HP (with hydro resonance)! Most I've ever had on a character. I'm debating whether it makes sense to use a Hydro goblet; I'd have to compare her blooms before and after, but it's also not clear to me how many blooms I'd normally trigger during the time period in which she'd normally use her skill/burst.

She seems quite good, though I really need to develop another Dendro aside from Tighnari. Her blooms burst for 18-19k and seem to happen pretty rapidly as long as Dendro stuff is going on (which is unfortunately pretty limited with just Tighnari; it'd be ideal to have some off-field dendro application, so I might get Collei leveled up at some point since I think her burst does this).

Currently I'm using Ayato/Tighnari/Nilou/Kokomi, though I haven't really gotten much chance to make use of the full team because random overworld stuff dies to the initial "Nilou skill combo + Tighnari arrows + resulting super-blooms." I'll try it in some domain later. Definitely want to replace one of those hydros with another dendro.

I was wondering about tighnari. I managed to fish him up and was having a pretty miserable time getting his dendro application to go, while also getting hit by dendro to make nilou's thing go off. Collei works far better, especially with her c2 skill giving you a decently long little dendro halo — it works nice for keqing going up to things and zapping them, it works nice for nilou going up to things and getting them wet. What would be really nice is some non-ranged dendro that isn't crippled as badly as traveler is. Collei can at least take a couple hits, but my tighnari has like 8000hp right now, so he's basically hosed if I try it on

Incidentally, why the hell do blooms sink? They're just elemental things, that doesn't make any sense. All I want to do is blow up some alligators in a river, and the drat blooms just happily sit at the bottom of the riverbed, unlike everything that isn't an unfortunate enemy drop.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mix. posted:

hey just came to post a warning, someone apparently leaked literal server-side data containing a lot of raw data for the next few patches of sumeru, like 'there will be legal action for this' level of leaks including character kits, map expansions, etc. for those who want to avoid spoilers just letting you know that stuff's floating out there now :smith:

Okay, but is there a dendro healer, yes/no?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

Maybe.

Conflicting reports! One person says there is and one person says there isn't.

The leaked characters are mostly using placeholder data (copies of existing character skills) for their abilities right now. Nothing conclusive can really be drawn from it. Most of what people are speculating seems to come from animation and particle data, but this isn't always accurate (people thought Nahida had an alternate sprint, but it was just an effect that trails her as she runs).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

None confirmed. lol. February at the earliest. All the 5* kits look super fun, they've really been stepping it up.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
One weird thing from that leak is right now a unit references the 'wrong' animation set. So either they're gonna have custom attack animations or use the wrong gender's generic attack animation set for their weapon. It's also a unit we're not likely to see for months so it's hard to say.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 25, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I was promised full character kits, but apparently everything in alpha is still in alpha? SMH.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Nahida with a Prototype Amber is like a dendro healer.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Since I have my main account at AR56 only missing Bennett as a 4*, and my second account which is way behind on completion because I can't be assed to go find everything twice at AR53 also with no Bennett (although missing a lot of 4*), I'm saving up my starglitter for when he hits the shop in... May? National team May 2023!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Rexxed posted:

Since I have my main account at AR56 only missing Bennett as a 4*, and my second account which is way behind on completion because I can't be assed to go find everything twice at AR53 also with no Bennett (although missing a lot of 4*), I'm saving up my starglitter for when he hits the shop in... May? National team May 2023!

May AND November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Some Deyha leaks are out. Careful on twitter if you're not into that sort of thing.