Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

koshmar posted:

There's going to have to be another way to get Egyptian Neckless' besides the well. There aren't enough days of the event even with 100% drop rate at the well.

Not sure where I got them but I had like 170.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Manual clicking explores in the HH seem to be a massive stamina drain, using apple cider/APs give good returns though.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I need a sanity check. I'm 99/95/96/87 and am on the run up to open the tower (once I get my grapes tonight). Do I spend my next perk points on Double Prizes 2 or on Artisan 3? Is the extra 20% crops worth it over the extra 15% silver I'll save?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

double prizes 2, 100%

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

DRINK ME posted:

I managed to get the necklaces from Mythical Chest 01’s from tower 77 but realise that’s not going to help everyone.

I’m maxxed out on nets and just spent 1000 in PC, so painfully slow. Exploring was even worse, I did a couple of clicks in the haunted house but just left it alone for now. Maybe later today I can get some candy and complete some quests.

I could conceivably get to tower 77 by Monday, but I agree, right now it's just to slow to explore.

No need Use password Dread Dreads

edit: beaten

koshmar fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 24, 2022

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

double prizes 2, 100%

Yep.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Eqyptian Necklace can be completed with a mailbox password:

dread dreads

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I've done all the event quests so far and nothing major to write home about. Decent chunk of OJ and such but pretty whatever so far.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Just a heads up, one of the new crafting items requires Orange Gecko's so double check before you hit craft.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there any reason to do those crafts unless you are one of the crazies that are trying to master them? Haven't been needed for the quests yet.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've done all the event quests so far and nothing major to write home about. Decent chunk of OJ and such but pretty whatever so far.

You're just too awesome.

The total OJ from the event quests is more than my inventory. So that's a pretty big deal. Plus like half as many nets & lemonade as OJ.

It's making a huge difference for me. Probably not going to get through all the extra resources today.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 24, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there any reason to do those crafts unless you are one of the crazies that are trying to master them? Haven't been needed for the quests yet.

I'm an endgame player and mastering the two new items is absolutely absurd and I won't be doing it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I just blindly mashed craft on the witches brooms not really thinking. Ooops. I thought I was making regular brooms or something.

Today I'm going to start exploring in earnest - I have an inventory full of OJ (~1300), and 500+200+200 in pending quest turn ins. Thank you for the warning on geckos, that's the 500 turn in. I have been saving them all week to be able to do it all inside the bonus. (Doing a few hundred OJ/day to not void any.)

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Still missing one mailbox password but the hinted ones are nice. Were all passwords done like this, through puzzles or riddles? I always thought it seemed odd there was just a big list of unrelated passwords.

Anyway, passwords from the quests, in case anybody doesn't want to do them themselves:

Dread / Dread dreads / Dread dreads lemons

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Edit: somehow there were 15 posts by the time i wrote my post

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell yeah things are really moving now.

First billion crop row ✅
First level 6 pet ✅
First 99 (farming) ✅
Grand master fancy pipe ✅
Second 99 (fishing) later today ✅

Event is good.

I’ve also pretty much maxed out my orchard for my inventory space right now. I can just buy 10 trees a day to keep up.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just put 450ish large nets into pirates cove. Finished off 2 grand masteries which brought 13x nets from 84m to 89m, netted me 79 more large nets from the chests which I also tossed in. Now sitting on 3.9bn silver up from 0.021bn silver (so including 500m from two GM's.)

It was a good day.

Now to try to grind through 1300+700 oj's. :shepface:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yeah things are really moving now.

First billion crop row ✅
First level 6 pet ✅
First 99 (farming) ✅
Grand master fancy pipe ✅
Second 99 (fishing) later today ✅

Event is good.

I’ve also pretty much maxed out my orchard for my inventory space right now. I can just buy 10 trees a day to keep up.

To put it in perspective, I went from where you're at to 99x4 and all relevant pets at 6 within a single event, but I'd also timed it up so Pirate's Cove would unlock right when it began, and had to use an auto-clicker once I ran out of Cider for exploring. poo poo goes quick.

Just got 25bil from churning my nets, curious how much I'm gonna make from my 1.7k orbs. Hoping to get the 100b Storehouse upgrade, then dump whatever else into Tower.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I feel like I'm moderately lucky in some things and titanically unlucky in others.

I got a gold potato (for whatever I need it for) after about maybe 10k potatoes?

Meanwhile I'm at 70k sand and 700 skulls and still don't have the jundland desert emblem.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Atoramos posted:

To put it in perspective, I went from where you're at to 99x4 and all relevant pets at 6 within a single event, but I'd also timed it up so Pirate's Cove would unlock right when it began, and had to use an auto-clicker once I ran out of Cider for exploring. poo poo goes quick.

Just got 25bil from churning my nets, curious how much I'm gonna make from my 1.7k orbs. Hoping to get the 100b Storehouse upgrade, then dump whatever else into Tower.

I’m close to unlocking the pirates cove but I’m stuck on bacon lol.

I didn’t buy the pig farm because I wanted to save the exp for the event. Turns out I didn’t actually need it!

Oops

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Oh I grandmastered sand long before I got that loving crest

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I’m close to unlocking the pirates cove but I’m stuck on bacon lol.

I didn’t buy the pig farm because I wanted to save the exp for the event. Turns out I didn’t actually need it!

Oops

How much bacon do you need for Pirate's Cove? I've been feeding mine to the WW to get a head start on gold leafs, but maybe I should stop doing that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LLSix posted:

How much bacon do you need for Pirate's Cove? I've been feeding mine to the WW to get a head start on gold leafs, but maybe I should stop doing that.

Oh you just need 100.

I've only got 54 lol

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I see people talking all the time about growing beets, but rice is more profitable via grape juice. Is there something that makes beets a better grape juice crop that I'm not seeing?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

LLSix posted:

I see people talking all the time about growing beets, but rice is more profitable via grape juice. Is there something that makes beets a better grape juice crop that I'm not seeing?

Mega beet seeds

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Mega beet seeds

Those are only from the exchange right?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

Those are only from the exchange right?

You can get them from pets as well

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I think part of the answer to your question is also that rice is a somewhat recent release and beets were top dog for a while.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

LLSix posted:

I grab 50x mega beet seeds whenever they're there and grow them asap via grape juice, supplementing with rice for the balance.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
The Exploring XP in the Haunted House is wild. It's gonna take just a couple of days to go from 85 to 90

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Philouza posted:

The Exploring XP in the Haunted House is wild. It's gonna take just a couple of days to go from 85 to 90

Once done with the quests is there anything in there worth selling? Or do you just blindly void stuff?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there any reason to keep leveling up friendships after you hit the max reward tier?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there any reason to keep leveling up friendships after you hit the max reward tier?

not yet, but presumably they'll be adding more tiers so if there's any particular item dumps you can do without selling them for pennies/voiding them you might as well just keep handing them in

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kaboobi posted:

not yet, but presumably they'll be adding more tiers so if there's any particular item dumps you can do without selling them for pennies/voiding them you might as well just keep handing them in

Fair point, thanks.

I'm seeing trade chat buying eggs and grasshoppers for some reason. Is there a new quest line I didn't see?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Once done with the quests is there anything in there worth selling? Or do you just blindly void stuff?

Personally I'm just voiding stuff, but I'm also only using my stocks of Arnold Palmers and ciders. Clicking seems inefficient, but I haven't checked if getting spooked gives the same XP as a click of 24 candies or whatever.

Candy corn is worth a decent amount though!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Fair point, thanks.

I'm seeing trade chat buying eggs and grasshoppers for some reason. Is there a new quest line I didn't see?

There is a new questline for people at Tower Level 120 and above. I'm only at T110, so I don't know what all it entails, but it seems it requires a lot of Eggs, Bugs, and Freaky Pictures.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

H110Hawk posted:

I'm just (frequently) selling my candy, lollipops and taffy.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Klungar posted:

There is a new questline for people at Tower Level 120 and above. I'm only at T110, so I don't know what all it entails, but it seems it requires a lot of Eggs, Bugs, and Freaky Pictures.

Ah nuts I'm at 110 and was saving up the 100b for the crop row. rip all my silver

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kaboobi posted:

Ah nuts I'm at 110 and was saving up the 100b for the crop row. rip all my silver

Same. I'm going to go for T120, though, not because of the quest necessarily, but because having it as a quest requirement seems to suggest that the T120 Artifact bonus should be arriving soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Something (or many someones) must be slamming the server. It's been getting slower and slower for over an hour now.