Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007

Carcer posted:

High tech factions should probably guard their tech stuff more jealously than they do, maybe gate what the player can buy with certain relation levels.

A mod I really miss is run and gun. Having your colonists/enemies just do nothing while moving feels really dumb.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2878731010&searchtext=RunAndGun+Continued+1.4

Edit: Ha! Official one just got updated too.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1204108550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i eagerly await the outstandingly-damaging-to-game-balance MendAndRecycle...

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Repair Bench is updated and a little less unbalanced and M&R if you'd prefer that one.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

yeah thats why it bugs me, the factions always come with really high quality stuff, but it starts to feel a little goofy when you have like basically the entire breadth of human historical development on the same planet. i know thats kind of present by default in rimworld as an element of the setting, but it feels a lot weirder to have like a full roman empire on a planet with an ultratech empire than it does to have scattered tribals / mad max bandits on a planet with an ultratech empire

Just envision the tribal societies as primitivist cults.

All Rimworld does is simulate the state of New York, but on a world basis.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The longer you rim, the more primitive you become. Those who have rimmed the longest have made beasts of themselves and freed themselves from the pain of being a person.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omnicarus posted:

Repair Bench is updated and a little less unbalanced and M&R if you'd prefer that one.

Oh my god finally, I'll take anything

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just really, really want Kill for Me updated. ARandomKiwi updated like all their other mods but not that one :negative:

Vanilla attack animal behavior is so, so terrible.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Mods for new genes are starting to show up on the workshop and based on what's already there I could see most of the non turbo anime alien race mods being effectively replaced with the Xenotype system. There's already elf/orc ones for example. Probably would work a lot better with the new pregnancy system with inheritable/non inheritable genes and whatnot.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Forced a vampire to land near my base, plugged his drat kneecaps from half a kilometer away, and ripped his vampire bits right out of him. Now my science guy is a vampire :toot:

I also learned that the vampire xenotype overrides other xenohuman stuff, I had a highmate who lost his social traits which prompted me to reload :negative:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If I want to clear my mods and start fresh once more things get updated to 1.4 is the simplest thing to just delete my mod folder?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

BadLlama posted:

If I want to clear my mods and start fresh once more things get updated to 1.4 is the simplest thing to just delete my mod folder?

Steam has an unsubscribe from all button which should take care of it. If you've been doing it manually, then yeah just delete the contents of the mod folder (besides Core of course)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

holy crap i just figure out that they fixed the production bills to account for something that makes multiples of something. So when creating stone and selecting " do until i have X" and you click +, it increases in multiples of 20

I love 1.4

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Danaru posted:

Steam has an unsubscribe from all button which should take care of it. If you've been doing it manually, then yeah just delete the contents of the mod folder (besides Core of course)

If you had a ton of mods, the best thing to do (besides clicking the Unsubscribe All button) is deleting Rimworld's config folder since a lot of mods save their stuff there.

quote:

For any new complex mod pack you should FULLY reset Rimworld, and all related files, to ensure no old, outdated, or incompatible mods are left behind. Reinstalling Rimworld or unsubscribing from mods WILL NOT fully reset your reinstallation and old files can still persist!

Folders that should be reset fully before beginning a new modpack:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods (Manually installed mods folder)
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100 (Steam mod download folder)
AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios (Your user configurations, saves, etc)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Danaru posted:

Steam has an unsubscribe from all button which should take care of it.

Thanks! that took care of that!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
RimWorld also just cleared my mod config for 1.4 and nothing loaded by default anyway

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is Steam going through some poo poo today or is it just me? Trying to subscribe to some mods for this and it keeps telling me I'm logged out of Steam and never really working when I click sign in. It's super weird.

Edit: looks good now

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 24, 2022

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Omnicarus posted:

Is the thing that makes Repair Bench less unbalanced just that it requires more resources? I know Mend and Repair wants repair kits to fuel its workbench, and they do last a pretty long time.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Jesus Christ, Randy. You wanna chill out?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm seeing some odd behaviour with my crafter, I'm trying to make flak vests and I have all the ingredients but they seem to just keep loading and unloading cloth instead of actually starting the build. If I try to 'prioritize' the bench, they will just loop and pick up the three ingredients over and over again until they're carrying waaaaaay more than they should be able to. It's only flak vests so far that I've seen this behaviour, but I think it's the first 3-ingredient item I've tried to craft so far. Has anyone seen this behavior?

My mod list is pretty short and all at least says it's compatible with 1.4:
Wall Light
Common Sense
Door Mat
Combat Readiness Check
TechAdvancing
RimHUD
Replace Stuff
Pick Up And Haul
Vanilla Expanded Framework

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 24, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hihohe posted:

holy crap i just figure out that they fixed the production bills to account for something that makes multiples of something. So when creating stone and selecting " do until i have X" and you click +, it increases in multiples of 20

I love 1.4

Try holding ctrl or shift when hitting + or -

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with my crafter, I'm trying to make flak vests and I have all the ingredients but they seem to just keep loading and unloading cloth instead of actually starting the build. If I try to 'prioritize' the bench, they will just loop and pick up the three ingredients over and over again until they're carrying waaaaaay more than they should be able to. It's only flak vests so far that I've seen this behaviour, but I think it's the first 3-ingredient item I've tried to craft so far. Has anyone seen this behavior?

There's something occupying the space the crafter sits in, I've seen the same issue with my cook and crafters.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Flesh Forge posted:

Try holding ctrl or shift when hitting + or -

gently caress.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

My mod list is pretty short and all at least says it's compatible with 1.4:
Wall Light
Common Sense
Door Mat
Combat Readiness Check
TechAdvancing
RimHUD
Replace Stuff
Pick Up And Haul
Vanilla Expanded Framework
Pick Up And Haul seems to have comments saying they have the same problem.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Carcer posted:

There's something occupying the space the crafter sits in, I've seen the same issue with my cook and crafters.

That didn't seem to do it, I removed their chair to check and I just have the tiled floor underneath their spot.

lunar detritus posted:

Pick Up And Haul seems to have comments saying they have the same problem.

Welp, let's try removing that one to see what's up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Possibly Common Sense as well, I just looked into that one to install for the first time and saw some people saying the same thing in the comments.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

It was Common Sense that was doing it! Guess I'll disable it until I'm done with flak vests.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

It was Common Sense that was doing it! Guess I'll disable it until I'm done with flak vests.

Yeah, I really miss Common Sense and Pick Up and Haul but they both touch too many things.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

They’re both being actively worked on with updates pushed at least so they’ll eventually get working.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Really wish I could mod out having beer bottles and biocoded/bonded weapons count against slave rebellion interval. Those two things makes base design stupidly micromanagey. I can keep them out of the weapon lockers, but the kitchen and smelting areas are pointless to isolate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Um, my first quest is giving me the option for a ressurector mech serum?

How much more expensive are the other xenotypes compared to baseliners because I don't really have much of anything.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hellioning posted:

Um, my first quest is giving me the option for a ressurector mech serum?

How much more expensive are the other xenotypes compared to baseliners because I don't really have much of anything.

Yeah a lot of the Far End stuff like that is much more accessible this rev, not sure if that is intended

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Fuckin which mod looked like this my family is dying

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Dubs Mint Menus?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
god jesus thank you, my tailoring bench menu is already unreadable from the amount of poo poo in it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

does ted cruz have quality levels, and is the actual ted cruz high or low quality?

like is he an awful version of something that is supposed to be cool or is he a legendary quality ted cruz, operating at peak performance?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

Yeah, I really miss Common Sense and Pick Up and Haul but they both touch too many things.

Oh, Pick Up and Haul has been working fine for me so far.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So it seems like if you have a charitable ideoligion and you accept refugees who plan on stabbing you in the back the game thinks you've rejected them and you get a negative mood modifier as if you sent them away.

It was pretty silly- some poor old man and his child show up begging for help. I accept and my priest immediately goes on a mental break hiding in his room because we failed to help innocent refugees.

A few days later the kid is playing around with my comms console and just goes berserk along with the guy. I guess we didn't help out innocent travelers, but I dunno how my pawns knew that.

I've gotten a positive mood with some charity stuff, but the negative mood thing happened twice, both with groups that betrayed me. So something's up.

Otherwise I'm loving this expansion! Playing the robot start is so fun. But I was surprised that I didn't start with anything that could mine or cut trees, so my wimpy artist/crafter had to spend the first day cutting trees while the first ag-bot booted up, and had to miserably keep mining steel for most of the first year, with zero stats, until I captured and tamed a toxic mutant who was good at mining.

Haven't gotten to tier two yet. Maybe it would have been easier to blitz to that (if there are indeed miners at that tier), but I'm taking things slow for my first time through.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I haven't played Rimworld for 5 years. I'm not averse to dropping expansion money to catch up but what I'm worried about is new game set up or UI onboarding turning into an absolute mess with new options while I get my organ harvesting legs. Is it tidy enough to jump in 100% or should I play a warm up round and buy expansions when I can recognize what they are advertising they add?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

I was about to ask a question as to why none of the needed cooking was being done. Can you correctly identify the problem I was having with making Fine Meals? :negative:

Farming Hysteresis updated, but the default settings apparently allow you to get into a situation where despite drowning in meat and meat substitutes, you have no vegetables. Somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Nooo whyyy. Farming Hysteresis doesn't work with the other mod with that button that prevents harvesting full stop. Can't we all just get along?