Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

teagone posted:

I've been having fun :shobon:

The other guy in the conversation:

Overwatch is still fun game.

edit: Oh wait you get exp for endorsements?

Issaries fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is up a day early, and it made me think it was out already! :argh:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

adhuin posted:

edit: Oh wait you get exp for endorsements?

Yeah think it's 50xp for each endorsement you give.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

teagone posted:

Finished the battle pass just now at what I'd consider was an average/casual pace to me. Really not that bad progression if you're playing the game (and enjoying it I guess, lmao). Value wise seems like it's ok tbh.

You haven't actually finished battle pass until you reach lvl 200. That's where the last Cyber demon title is.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Once you hit 80 you get a screen that says battle pass complete. Good enough for me :haw: I don’t care much for the prestige titles.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

adhuin posted:

Cyber demon

overwatch doom and all the enemies are the different classes lets go

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

It’s a huge trap for learning players and encourages trash damage + trash-damage producing behavior/heroes (f.ex. junkrat, moira). All that matters is timing and importance of the kill - things like damage-to-kill conversion or kill-to-cap conversion would be much more useful stats.

Also trash damage actively hurts your team by donating ult charge and zarya charge.

Does the damage stat in OW2 still mean "hero damage" like it did in OW1, or did they revert it to "general damage inflicted on all things including barriers and summoned objects"?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Dick Jones posted:

Does the damage stat in OW2 still mean "hero damage" like it did in OW1, or did they revert it to "general damage inflicted on all things including barriers and summoned objects"?

I'm fairly sure that barriers don't count from a number of games where I've been the only one shooting at Sigma and Rein shields when the enemy team has been really disciplined at positioning behind them. If they did count my damage number would have been through the roof. It was not.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Capped another batch of 7 wins for support queue. Ended up going 7-2 for that run, all Bap. Jumped from Silver 2 to Gold 4, lets gooooo.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
wasn't this game supposed to have a real single player portion? the halloween map looks like the same recycled map from the last 5 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought I'd seen it all but I just had an Ana who had 300 healing.

Didn't shoot a teammate the entire match.

cmdrk posted:

wasn't this game supposed to have a real single player portion? the halloween map looks like the same recycled map from the last 5 years.

That's not out for a year lol

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They started on the PvE mode and realized it wasn't working so now they are retooling the game into an mmo called Project Titan. Time is a flat circle.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The community response was so incredibly negative to the pve mode I'd be surprised if it actually released to be honest

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

bagrada posted:

They started on the PvE mode and realized it wasn't working so now they are retooling the game into an mmo called Project Titan. Time is a flat circle.

:hmmyes:

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

abigserve posted:

The community response was so incredibly negative to the pve mode I'd be surprised if it actually released to be honest

Uh what? The PvE events were historically some of the most popular content ever released. A lot of people, including myself, are very much looking forward to PvE, although I'm also ready to be disappointed.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Dick Jones posted:

I know that mitigation doesn’t. Yes shooting down that RIP-tire did in fact mitigate a bunch of damage.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

How do I play a good support? The only exposure I've had to a 5v5 class based game was the wildly popular Fractured Space, and I'd like not to totally suck poo poo at this game cause it seems fun with buddies.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

hyphz posted:

I know that mitigation doesn’t. Yes shooting down that RIP-tire did in fact mitigate a bunch of damage.

You can't exactly calculate how much damage a rip-tire would do until it detonates, so there isn't really a way to reflect it on the mit meter.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I think an "ults nullified" would be a neat stat on the board, killed tires, eaten zarya ults, genji headshots the moment he blades.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Whenever I go against a good widow, there is nothing my pubbies enjoy more than relentlessly filtering out of cover one by one and dying.

lord forbid they try to deny the widow line of sight. They always just make it as easy as possible for her (and every other member of the other team)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If I'm using the Enchanted Armor skin for Pharah, why can I still be headshot?

Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Parallelwoody posted:

How do I play a good support? The only exposure I've had to a 5v5 class based game was the wildly popular Fractured Space, and I'd like not to totally suck poo poo at this game cause it seems fun with buddies.

the biggest thing for supports is a combination of above average situational awareness and good positioning. you and your other support pal are the #1 targets because of how catastrophically your lines can collapse when even one of you eats poo poo, so you need to be constantly aware of both incoming threats (calling out flankers or air targets like pharah) and of where you're standing so that you can minimize the angles you can be fired on from. this is the fundamental of good support play: being as hard to get to as possible while simultaneously being as accessible to your team as you can be

the other side of this is understanding and managing risk. you're going to have DPS and tanks that will put themselves in weird positions and them getting even a little healing can be the difference between a small loss of momentum and 20% of your effective strength being gone for 20-30s. you have to rapidly evaluate situations and be comfortable enough in your skill to stick your neck into salvageable skirmishes to save people. this is probably the harder part of playing a good support, because it requires way more grit and gamesense compared to sitting behind a corner typing "just don't overextend lmao"

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I spent an entire round last night in a single fight with the entire enemy team on dorado from spawn to checkpoint three dying only once while my Kiriko desperately fed tickets into me like a reverse skiball machine. Our two damages wandered around hallways occasionally actually standing still.

We lost but goddamn did we do a good job for being 3v5

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

Whenever I go against a good widow, there is nothing my pubbies enjoy more than relentlessly filtering out of cover one by one and dying.

lord forbid they try to deny the widow line of sight. They always just make it as easy as possible for her (and every other member of the other team)

I had a comp match today where my Widow was hitting her shots so I set her up Bap window a few times, lmao. Deffo not the most optimal play for Bap ult, but she was able to delete the enemy Moira with a bodyshot in this clip so lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37ojc3IPbs

I peeled for her a few times during the match when the enemy Genji went after her. I wish my brother would remember to do the same when I'm getting harrassed by a Reaper/Genji/Tracer/Sombra, etc., lol. Protect your backline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UExEX2UoAec

[edit] I gave her bap ult again here and she body shots the enemy widow and demech's the enemy dva lmao (timestamped 1m30s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy7xwGoaCPY&t=90s

[edit] Mind you, I was only doing this because we were rolling the enemy team and I wanted to do silly poo poo.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 25, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

going against a good widow owns because 1v1 dueling them as kiriko is one of the few things in OW that consistently gets my blood pumping

she's honestly one of the best counters if you don't have a good widow or genji on your side because she has no falloff, can wiggle at full speed, and is constantly blocking her own head with her ofuda hand

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Parallelwoody posted:

the #1 tip is play the game a lot

followed by decreasing order of importance:
1. follow tank's lead
2. peel for other support
3. play near corners and cover
4. don't use ult in a lost team fight or already won team fight

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Kiriko chat: I think she's really great and a fun addition to the game. Honestly all three new heroes are pretty nice, even if Junker Queen loving sucks after her beta nerf.

One of my favourite things about Kiriko is her zen-like ability to delete a flanker that tries to jump you plus, unlike zen, being able to escape them if you miss your first two shots. Too bad Genji is the most played flanker right now, since he's the hardest of them all to headshot, but it's very fun to get jumped by a mediocre sombra (all of them are, it's just the character carrying them) or tracer, turning a corner and spamming kunai at head level. Ding ding, flanker dead.

Her biggest weakness is how low her DPS is outside of the headshots. She's useless vs tanks, and twice as bad against barriers. Pharrah is also a nightmare. I switch to zen when any of these is a problem, which I think is the spirit of the game. Honestly, supports seem like the most balanced role, very map and team dependant but all of them have a place on the game.

Battlepass chat: I'm playing casually, but still doing my dailies and at least 5 weeklies, and I've just gotten to lvl 55. No boosts or anything, but I'm going to be very sour when I can't play the new character for three weeks while I face them constantly on qp.

I miss loot boxes. It was nice to end up a game session with a new silly voiceline to spam or a different skin to switch to sometimes. I understand having to make money, and legendary skins make sense to be shop-only, but some crumbs to f2p players would be nice, specially for the dumb poo poo nobody with a sound mind would spend money on, like sprays and victory poses.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The only skin I would ever consider dropping :20bux: for is a mythic Junkrat skin.

That, or speedo Roadhog.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A lot of games in QP are just without healers now. :allears:

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

if you're playing open queue you are asking for it

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
it doesn't matter tbh, even in role select qp you get a *lot* of healers who are just taking the quick queue time and playing bad dps.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Zzulu posted:

A lot of games in QP are just without healers now. :allears:

why don't you play support then :colbert:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Ever since Overwatch implemented the role queue, open queue has felt like an even more silly arcade match. It feels like it’s just some mode to fool around in despite it being the only way the game could be played for years and having a competitive mode. I feel like they should just remove it entirely imhho

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

cmdrk posted:

From the trailers + "lore" it looks like the new Halloween event will be set inside the castle rather than outside, and will be different from Junkenstein's Revenge. We have no idea how different though. The original will return in some form (a limited time arcade mode maybe?).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hashy posted:

if you're playing open queue you are asking for it

Correct. If you're in open queue, you should play five tanks, because you're playing classic 2016 bullshit Overwatch and not an actual competitive-focused class-based FPS.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Last night a DPS buddy of mine and I went Kiriko Zen.

Every time a Genji dived me I got immune fielded and then I shot the guy. If he deflected I charged up and he had to either dash away, or if he dashed in, he died. We had many teammates going "how the gently caress are you keeping up the heals", not realizing that Kiriko heals are actually pretty good, especially if you time it with the immortality. Many, many DPS are realising that Kiriko can straight up just win duels against them.

It's kinda crazy how strong she is.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Aipsh posted:

Ever since Overwatch implemented the role queue, open queue has felt like an even more silly arcade match. It feels like it’s just some mode to fool around in despite it being the only way the game could be played for years and having a competitive mode. I feel like they should just remove it entirely imhho
Why do you want to get rid of the only good game mode

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

novaSphere posted:

Uh what? The PvE events were historically some of the most popular content ever released. A lot of people, including myself, are very much looking forward to PvE, although I'm also ready to be disappointed.

I guess we don't really know since we don't have access to the same stats that Blizzard does. At least among my friends, essentially no one gives a poo poo about the PvE stuff except a couple of support mains who generally don't really like FPS games in the first place. Methinks Kaplan and the rest of the MMO guys at Blizzard are cut from the same cloth, and wanted to push OW2 towards PvE stuff not because there's a significant demand for it, but rather because it's something Blizzard employees themselves enjoy more and perhaps even think they'd know better how to design.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 25, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

It would be a fun diversion like all the existing PVE-events were when they came out.
Probably won't be my main game mode though, unless they improve replayability a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

F.D. Signifier posted:

Why do you want to get rid of the only good game mode

Honestly, it's splitting the playerbase and its very bad, it should be a rotating arcade mode at best and not in the main menus. If they delete it - especially the competitive version - it might improve queue times for low ELO players.